Half Empty? NFL

newfie

Having watched every minute of the Ravens lose to the Bears, I am confident in declaring that they most definitely are not "in the hunt". And just to clarify, neither team is looking at "winning" anything but a top 10 draft position for next year.

that does not negate the point that they are presently 3 and 3 and very much in the hunt. If they were 0 and 6 then the previous posters point that I responded to would have had relevance.

Sportello

The First Amendment protects citizens from from government action against them ... not from anyone else.
Did not tRUmp threaten them? Is he not the most powerful individual in the government?

Pretty sure that’s a First Amendment issue.

He has a big mouth, and is a bully. Had he kept his trap shut, then maybe not 1A, he made it 1A.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did not tRUmp threaten them? Is he not the most powerful individual in the government?

Pretty sure it's not.
No government took any action against anyone.
However, if Trump tries to take action against the owners, then it gets very gray.

bbsam

Staff member
Pretty sure it's not.
No government took any action against anyone.
However, if Trump tries to take action against the owners, then it gets very gray.
Last I heard he was calling for players to be fired and taxes raised on owners. Gray? Probably a clear violation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Last I heard he was calling for players to be fired and taxes raised on owners. Gray? Probably a clear violation.
The first nine amendments protect citizens from 'actions' of a government.
Talk is not an action.
Like someone said ... there are no constitutional experts in CE.

A

Article 3

Let's just quit playing the national anthem at the games.
Problem solved.
We could just use an alternating combo of polka and Hayden's Concerto First and Third Movements instead.
That'll teach em.

vantexan

He has a big mouth, and is a bully. Had he kept his trap shut, then maybe not 1A, he made it 1A.
Is expressing an opinion threatening them?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
upload_2017-10-20_7-18-24.jpeg