Half hour breaks?

floridays

I don't have to prove you wrong, as you can't prove you're right.
Give it a try, neither of your stories are compelling.

You've dodged enough of what I've posted here, to you advantage most is buried.
Prove the guy wrong, and I'll try to prove you right.

floridays

"I'm going to make an assertion that I can't prove, but I'll demand that he prove that it's wrong."

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens

If your proof that it's correct is simply because you say so, then my proof that it's wrong is simply because I say so.
He may be pulling you in genius.
Exactly how old are you?
When did your mama stop wiping your ass.
It takes a little effort to get the truths from you clowns, but with a little work, it comes out.
Sorry, I forgot where I was.

Did FedEx express have to sign wet leases with Atlas Air solely because of Amazon volume?

Yes or No.

floridays

Regardless, if you think op managers are bad, you oughta put up with couriers who think they know more than ops managers!

I got it now.
You think ops managers are smarter than couriers simply by rank, by position.

You actually didn't note smarter, or intelligent however, you said know more.

That is the problem, couriers and other work groups actually know how to do the job more productively and more efficiently than an engineer, than their managers as well.

You clowns, managers, are to afraid to make a ripple to your bosses. They know the best, they have all the answers, besides my boss can fire me. Isn't that how you think?

I have absolutely no respect for a person like you. I've run out of words, your type and you personally show yourself as despicable persons in my eyes.

I agree with a lot you say here, but you know one thing and one thing only, that is what you are told to think.
If you waiver from what you are told you lose your job or any possible bonus.

To respond to a previous question and post.

If you lose 3000 pieces a week again, where is the salesman, it is his job to retain customers of that magnitude.

Pertaining to your lost revenue as a station, look to the salesman again.
Pertaining to hours, exactly why wasn't this bulk pickup serviced by a courier/handler?

3000 pieces, depending on type could be handled in 3 to 30 minutes.

Docs bags with con tags
larger boxes, shrink wrapped on pallets before you ever show

Are you sure you have ever managed a thing?

Let's have a discussion, call your boss for answers.

AB831

Most of them do.
I would like to know what exactly it is that he thinks these managers know. By his own admission, they aren't even allowed the responsibility of managing dollars and cents. Someone else figured out the monetary correlation between revenue and stops per hour for them and that's what they're allowed to touch. It sounds kind of like how McDonald's has a picture of a head of lettuce on the key in case the cashiers can't read the word "l-e-t-t-u-c-e."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Makes sense, but I stand by the analogy. A cashier should be able to type efficiently similarly to how an ops manager making close to six figures should be able to handle actually MANAGING money.

There is a pizza place in the same plaza as one of the tax offices that I work at. They sell slices of cheese pizza for $2.50. I ordered one slice and handed her $10. She had to use the calculator to figure out the change. No, I'm not kidding.

AB831

There is a pizza place in the same plaza as one of the tax offices that I work at. They sell slices of cheese pizza for $2.50. I ordered one slice and handed her $10. She had to use the calculator to figure out the change. No, I'm not kidding.
It’s that damn common core crap they’re teaching in schools now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Makes more sense to measure productivity in $/hr rather than stops/hr.

After all, profit is measured in dollars.

You measure it in SPH because the package counts at those stops will vary, as will the revenue from each of those packages. Labor is typically the biggest expense and SPH will show deficiencies in methods, pace, area knowledge, etc.

59 Dano

To respond to a previous question and post.

If you lose 3000 pieces a week again, where is the salesman, it is his job to retain customers of that magnitude.

Pertaining to your lost revenue as a station, look to the salesman again.
Pertaining to hours, exactly why wasn't this bulk pickup serviced by a courier/handler?

3000 pieces, depending on type could be handled in 3 to 30 minutes.

Docs bags with con tags
larger boxes, shrink wrapped on pallets before you ever show

Are you sure you have ever managed a thing?

Let's have a discussion, call your boss for answers.

I asked whomever about how he'd adjust his operation to compensate for that. Your answer is to blame the salesman.

Daft.

59 Dano

I would like to know what exactly it is that he thinks these managers know. By his own admission, they aren't even allowed the responsibility of managing dollars and cents.

LOL, it's not their job to manage the station's revenue, nor should it be.

59 Dano

Makes sense, but I stand by the analogy. A cashier should be able to type efficiently similarly to how an ops manager making close to six figures should be able to handle actually MANAGING money.

Why is it such an issue to you that an ops manager manage actual money?

AB831

LOL, it's not their job to manage the station's revenue, nor should it be.
Thank God. The doors and windows to every station would have been boarded up years ago if they had ever taken the training wheels off of 99% of those “managers.”

El Morado Diablo

Why is it such an issue to you that an ops manager manage actual money?

We all know that at the end of the fiscal year FedEx tightens the screws on all spending -- no uniforms, no paper towels/toilet paper, supplies, etc to save every penny so the company looks good. It's so important they drill it into all of the hourly employees every year. Yet they will bring someone in on their day off to work OT just to keep someone else from getting an hour of OT.

This company steps over dollars to pick up dimes all the time and we all see it. If FedEx hired competent managers, gave them an honest budget and then held them accountable you might see some amazing results.

AB831

We all know that at the end of the fiscal year FedEx tightens the screws on all spending -- no uniforms, no paper towels/toilet paper, supplies, etc to save every penny so the company looks good. It's so important they drill it into all of the hourly employees every year. Yet they will bring someone in on their day off to work OT just to keep someone else from getting an hour of OT.

This company steps over dollars to pick up dimes all the time and we all see it. If FedEx hired competent managers, gave them an honest budget and then held them accountable you might see some amazing results.
Instead, they hire any sap willing to complete the AIM program and sign away their life to the company.

floridays

I asked whomever about how he'd adjust his operation to compensate for that. Your answer is to blame the salesman.

Daft.
I didn't blame the salesman, I simply asked where he was.
First point of contact with the shipper, it's his job to get new customers and then retain them.

Secondly, the operation wouldn't be affected to the point of pulling my hair out as you would yours.

A courier handler would have serviced the account (me as manager), beyond lost revenue, it doesn't seem like to large a problem, not a huge hurdle.

If your salesman can't get off his ass and retain the business, the company as a whole loses revenue, your boss will be pissed as it will affect his numbers for bonus (all he cares about in the end) and your life will be miserable because your boss is pissed. The courier/ handler will possibly lose time/hours because he you lost a bulk pickup.

I can see why you failed as a manager.