hall Video: Don’t Mess With Our Members’ Pensions

Bill

I can think of alot better things UPS can do with a couple of Billion dollars than dump it into a pension plan that Thousands of people that never worked for UPS will be getting. To be honest i think i would rather have UPS managing my pension money than Teamsters/UPS handling it.
What we need is an independent group to manage our pension and medical benefits that does not include the Teamsters or UPS management. This is the only way that we will receive what we are entitled to. That is where the APWA comes into play. They are our best alternative right now because they want to set up a union that represents only UPS employees.

sawdusttv

If your serious start attending your monthly meetings, get involved in your barn, become a union steward if you can, grow a following at your barn by being a stand up individual now. thats laying the ground work for the next election so the guys/gals around you know your a credible person. The rest will fall into place in the near future, remember the next election is just over 4 years away, campaigning will begin in 2 to 3 years for it. We together can accomplish more for the common goal instead of ripping each other apart with differences of opinions!

Red,

Been there, done that!
I was a shop steward and sing that song for 20 some years. It does not work! No one wants to hear that same old teamster line of crap.
Any other ideas? Maybe some new ideas?