Happy Mother's Day

UPS Lifer

When I started with UPS, you could have stood in the middle of the Olympic Hub.... yelled Happy Mother's Day and no mother would have been in ear shot!

My have things changed! Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Where would we be without you! You are the glue and fiber that holds our families together.

A mother is the best example of what the term "unconditional love" is.

For those of us who no longer have our mothers with us, we can rest assured that our mothers are up in the heavens protecting us from harm's way.

Sunday is your day. It is a day for all us to pay you homage and show you how much we appreciate you! Thank you for everything you do!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Great thread UPS Lifer. Without our mothers, none of us would be here. My mother's birthday is today, I called her this morning. We all need to make a point to see our mothers as often as we can. One day, they won't be there anymore. My mom is 76 and my father passed away in 1990. We owe them so much, and too often take our parents for granted.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My Mom has been gone for awhile. I miss her every day. But I have no guilt as I knew what you all are saying, someday she wont be there, and I took advantage of the time I had with her. My youngest took me out with the grandkids for lunch today to avoid the crowds. Tomorrow I work in the yard, I find it pleasurable, not work. And no interuptions. My husband just had oral surgery so he can make his own soup:happy2:And if you cant be with your Mom let her know you wish you could. Let her know how important she is, no matter what day it is. I think that would be good advice for everyone you love, no matter what day it is.

DS

Fenderbender
Great advice tooner,like Joni Mitchell said in that song,"don't it always seem to go,that you don't know what you got till it's gone"
I never pictured you as a garden hoe:wink2:
I miss my mom too.

UPS Lifer

Rather than going out and fighting the crowds, I am having my wife's whole family over our house. The pool is heated and all the fathers pitch in and make Kabobs and cornand salad and appetizers. I keep the moms happy by keeping the wine glasses full!! I just walked in from the backyard and we are ready to rock and roll! We have more of the family coming tomorrow than we had for Xmas and looking forward to another great Mother's Day.
:bbq::swimming::woohoo:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after
you've had a baby... somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother,
'normal' is history.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your Mother is always with you.

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street,​

She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore,​

She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well,​

She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day.​

She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow,​

She is Christmas morning. Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop.​

A mother shows every emotion - happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow
and all the while, hoping and praying we'll only know the good feelings in life.​

She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.​

She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space - not even death.​

PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS AND SONS YOU KNOW....
MAY WE NEVER TAKE OUR MOTHERS FOR GRANTED.​

"The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart."
~Helen Keller~​