Has anyone seen the madera guy?

I might be wrong but I would like to fight the Madera guy and put it on u tube. This would make me an instant contender in the next teamster election. Maybe a front runner

maderaguy

I find it funny how these UPS drivers break the law and some of you want to defend it. You may not like my videos but that doesn't mean these drivers aren't still breaking the law. My first video came after I saw a child nearly hit by a car in a shopping center parking lot. The kid got away from his mother and popped out in traffic from around a UPS truck illegally parked. Had the truck not been there, the driver of the car would have clearly seen the kid. Thank God he was able to stop. The risk was increased because of the UPS truck parked in the RED ZONE.

The next day I asked that driver why he was illegally parked in a red zone. He said "friend&@% off *****ho!e" and flipped me off. I kept walking into the store then remembered I had my camera on me. I turned it on, turned around and said "What did you say?" He repeated himself and flipped me off again. So that started my UPS video career. Now I've gotten death threats, insults and a bunch of other crap from drivers. So you want to know why I'm doing these videos, look in the mirror. That is the reason.

Until UPS makes changes in my area, I will continue to make these videos.

maderaguy

Does Mom share any responsibility for her child almost getting killed due to her negligence?

Oh heck yes she does. But who hasn't had that moment in our life's when something like this has happened? Hand slips out of theirs, you turn and they've run off? The danger was this drivers puts a forty foot truck in a fifteen foot spot that is a RED ZONE. It kind of makes a pretty big blind spot for other drivers. Even if it is for only five minutes.

over9five

Staff member
Oh heck yes she does. But who hasn't had that moment in our life's when something like this has happened? Hand slips out of theirs, you turn and they've run off? The danger was this drivers puts a forty foot truck in a fifteen foot spot that is a RED ZONE. It kind of makes a pretty big blind spot for other drivers. Even if it is for only five minutes.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it's something we're trained to do. Get close, deliver, get moving.

Welcome to Brown Cafe.

maderaguy

I might be wrong but I would like to fight the Madera guy and put it on u tube. This would make me an instant contender in the next teamster election. Maybe a front runner

This is the violence my family has had to deal with since doing these videos. And this guy is a shop-steward. Folks like this have left messages on my You Tube channel for others to see. How does that make UPS look in public?

maderaguy

Agreed. Unfortunately, it's something we're trained to do. Get close, deliver, get moving.

Welcome to Brown Cafe.

If the kid would have been hurt, UPS would have been sued and would have lost. This then would have been a national debate with all the morning network news shows jumping all over it. In fact now that I've done these videos and UPS knows about the problem, when this does happen it will be worse for UPS since they haven't done anything to fix it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The danger was this drivers puts a forty foot truck in a fifteen foot spot that is a RED ZONE. It kind of makes a pretty big blind spot for other drivers. Even if it is for only five minutes.

Forty Feet? He parked an 18 wheeler in front of a store? Our package cars are not that long, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you are a HUGE tool.

maderaguy

Forty Feet? He parked an 18 wheeler in front of a store? Our package cars are not that long, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you are a HUGE tool.

Insults. That is a way of winning a debate. So how long are these UPS trucks in the videos? They are a lot bigger than the small RED ZONE they are parked in.

Griff

Only way I'll stop parking as close as possible is if I'm instructed to do so by UPS management. Unfortunately, you have no idea about UPS and the kind of management they have in place. If a supervisor/manager saw a UPS driver parking where you would want them to park, they would be written up and shortly after (if they fail to follow instruction) would be fired for stealing time. None of us are going to risk a $31/hr job with paid benefits to appease a guy peddling t-shirts on youtube. You are obviously hard up for cash and starving for a little bit of attention. I think I have a solution for you, you bear striking resemblance to "Walter" from the Big Lebowski -- you could be an impersonator. Probably make more coin doing that than trying to profiteer on this youtube stuff.
walter_sobchak.jpg
As for your examples of other types of delivery people who do not park up front, there is a very simple answer for that, they don't have 150-200 stops a day to do. Ask around, the stop counts we have are unheard of in the delivery business. Bread trucks, beverage trucks, etc have 10-20% of the workload and aren't pressed for every second of their day. This isn't an excuse, it's reality and fact.
walter_sobchak.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do you harass all the other delivery companies too? As a driver, I am only trying to make a living doing what it takes to complete a task. The company does train us to watch out when we park someplace. I have never watched any of your videos nor do I plan too.

maderaguy

If a supervisor/manager saw a UPS driver parking where you would want them to park, they would be written up and shortly after (if they fail to follow instruction) would be fired for stealing time.

Damn and you work under a UNION contract. I wonder what your union is doing for you if you can be fired so easily? That would be my concern if I worked for UPS. Why am I paying a union that won't protect me from being forced to break the law?

maderaguy

I think I have a solution for you, you bear striking resemblance to "Walter" from the Big Lebowski -- you could be an impersonator. Probably make more coin doing that than trying to profiteer on this youtube stuff.

Yea I've been told that before. Well actually that I look like Goodman when I have my full beard. I used to have those yellow shooting glasses too. Before Lebowski though.

maderaguy

Do you harass all the other delivery companies too? As a driver, I am only trying to make a living doing what it takes to complete a task. The company does train us to watch out when we park someplace. I have never watched any of your videos nor do I plan too.

Oh you really should. You should see for yourself what all the fuss is about. You shouldn't just let the masses tell you what to think. You should see for yourself and form your own opinion. That is what an smart guy would do.

maderaguy

If Cheryl lets this :censored2: stay then I'm done.

Man, I haven't written anything like you guys do on my channels. I have explained why and how the videos came about. Yet the insults continue over here too. Isn't there anyone on here with INTEGRITY other than INTEGRITY? You can not defend breaking the law by saying you are only doing your job. Does anyone remember another group that used that defense? It didn't work for them either. You have a responsibility to the community you serve to follow the law. I can see double parking in NYC or San Francisco, but when there is an open parking lot - NO. Follow the law, don't break it.

tourists24

Oh you really should. You should see for yourself what all the fuss is about. You shouldn't just let the masses tell you what to think. You should see for yourself and form your own opinion. That is what an smart guy would do.
so are you a smart guy?