Held Up

FilingBluesFL

To the poster, glad your ok.

To all those who don't use their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

do not claim it as a tax deduction for work...you know who you are!

:alien:We are watching, NSA

I got the same discount from Wal-Mart when I worked for them when AllTell was still around.

Oddly enough, Wal-Mart did not once ask me to use my cellular phone for their business. And when they needed to reach me while on duty, I was issued a company walkie-talkie.

I take the standard deduction lol

Today, they wanted me to call the helper they assigned me, to coordinate the meet... I sent back a DIAD message, "It's your job to make the phone calls..."

Truth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got the same discount from Wal-Mart when I worked for them when AllTell was still around.

Oddly enough, Wal-Mart did not once ask me to use my cellular phone for their business. And when they needed to reach me while on duty, I was issued a company walkie-talkie.

I take the standard deduction lol

Today, they wanted me to call the helper they assigned me, to coordinate the meet... I sent back a DIAD message, "It's your job to make the phone calls..."

Truth.
Your last sentence says it all. Ups freaking pays people to do exactly what they always ask us to use our phones for.

FilingBluesFL

The best part was, the "Helper Coordinator" friend'ed up, or the person didn't understand them, and was waiting for me 10 minutes down the road somewhere else, yet they kept telling me *I* was wrong... despite giving them a very explicit location.

30 minutes later someone realized they were not where I told them to be, the problem was "rectified" but not until AFTER asking me to do their job for them.

No big surprise there. :funny:

Ouch

561"]To the poster, glad your ok.

To all those who don't it or notse their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

:alien:We are watching, NSA[/quote]
Okay so quit with the double standard of dont use you cell phone when at work and then send a message telling us to call the center. Make your mind up do we use it or not.

To all those who don't use their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

:alien:We are watching, NSA[/quote]
Okay so quit sending freaking messages to call the center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait for your warning letter for getting robbed. Be glad you didnt get hurt, tell your carrier, it was stolen, they will give you a new one. Dont ask UPS for anything. Be safe my friend.

Your carrier will give you a new phone? Please tell me what carrier that is so that I can sign up. The only way that this will happen is if you bought the insurance and pay the deductible.

To the OP----bring in your proof of purchase for the cell phone and include that with your request for reimbursement. Provide your local with a copy of any and all paperwork that you submit to the company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seriously? Wouldn't you rather set up the meet yourself? The OMS has no idea where you will be or when you will need the helper. Take the minute to call the helper and have them where you want them to be at the time that you want them there.

upschuck

The only thing reimbursable is $50 for cash, I think. Personal property is not reimbursable unless you're a mechanic and tools were taken. The rest of you're property is optional, and thus not going to be paid. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Seriously? Wouldn't you rather set up the meet yourself? The OMS has no idea where you will be or when you will need the helper. Take the minute to call the helper and have them where you want them to be at the time that you want them there.

I would agree if management weren't so bent on micromanaging every other aspect of the process.
At such time as they trust me enough to do all of the other aspects of my route during this anomaly that we call peak, then and only then, will I take this type of initiative.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would agree if management weren't so bent on micromanaging every other aspect of the process.
At such time as they trust me enough to do all of the other aspects of my route during this anomaly that we call peak, then and only then, will I take this type of initiative.

Let's say you let the OMS set up the meet----you are talking at least 2 ODS messages and 2 phone calls. Do it yourself with one phone call.

upschuck

If the helper can't follow directions on where to meet or find location, how do you think that they will deliver a package to the right place?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think I did. My helper is a preloader----I set up the meet point and time just before he leaves. If this changes I call him. If I were to ask the helper coordinator do this it would take her at least 10 minutes and would involve at least 2-3 ODS messages and 2-3 phone calls. I make one phone call and it is done. I am busy enough and don't have time to play phone tag.

upschuck

The only thing reimbursable is $50 for cash, I think. Personal property is not reimbursable unless you're a mechanic and tools were taken. The rest of you're property is optional, and thus not going to be paid. Doesn't hurt to try though.

I think I read the $50 think somewhere, but couldn't find that. I guess it varies by supplement

It is in the Central region supplement Article 19 Section 4 :
The Employer shall be responsible for replacing the employee’s personal tools, which he/she is required by the Employer to furnish
for himself/herself, if such personal tools are lost due to proven theft or by fire or destruction. The Employer’s liability shall not, however, exceed the actual replacement cost of the tools stolen. Employees shall cooperate in safeguarding their personal tools. The
Employer shall furnish all cutting tools, such as files, hack-saw blades, reamers, drills, creepers, special tools, and all power tools above one-half inch (1/2”) drive.
For employees to be covered under this Section, it is understood that each employee must furnish the Employer with a complete inventory of his/her personal tools, subject to verification by the Employer, and must keep such inventory current. The employee shall retain a copy of such inventory for his/her own protection. The Employer will give the employee a written acknowledgment of inventory submitted, with a copy to the local union.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think I did. My helper is a preloader----I set up the meet point and time just before he leaves. If this changes I call him. If I were to ask the helper coordinator do this it would take her at least 10 minutes and would involve at least 2-3 ODS messages and 2-3 phone calls. I make one phone call and it is done. I am busy enough and don't have time to play phone tag.
No, you for sure missed my point.
But thanks for continuing to make yours.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think I read the $50 think somewhere, but couldn't find that. I guess it varies by supplement

It is in the Central region supplement Article 19 Section 4 :
The Employer shall be responsible for replacing the employee’s personal tools, which he/she is required by the Employer to furnish
for himself/herself, if such personal tools are lost due to proven theft or by fire or destruction. The Employer’s liability shall not, however, exceed the actual replacement cost of the tools stolen. Employees shall cooperate in safeguarding their personal tools. The
Employer shall furnish all cutting tools, such as files, hack-saw blades, reamers, drills, creepers, special tools, and all power tools above one-half inch (1/2”) drive.
For employees to be covered under this Section, it is understood that each employee must furnish the Employer with a complete inventory of his/her personal tools, subject to verification by the Employer, and must keep such inventory current. The employee shall retain a copy of such inventory for his/her own protection. The Employer will give the employee a written acknowledgment of inventory submitted, with a copy to the local union.
Read Art 10 sec 3 of the National Master.

Ouch

How hard is it to send a message and say I will be here at this time. Dont make it harder than it is.

Ouch

What if the helper can't meet you at that time or place? What then? I make the call myself to avoid fusion.
Then you give them 3 options. I will be here at this time here at this time and I have a pickup at this time I will be their. I mean we can go on all night. What If your aunt had balls then she would be your uncle. 1st management is going to threaten termination on use of cell phones, even though the contract states state law guidlines, then their going to say no its okay to use it. Choose your side, you cant sit on the fence forever.