Held Up

Ouch

Hey upstate are one of those that feel it is your job to traain your helper on the diad? I guess what im trying to say is that its managements and sups jobs to make sure the helper is where he is suppose to be at the time he is suppose to be there. It is also their job to train the helper.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey upstate are one of those that feel it is your job to traain your helper on the diad? I guess what im trying to say is that its managements and sups jobs to make sure the helper is where he is suppose to be at the time he is suppose to be there. It is also their job to train the helper.

So you would rather work harder than smarter? Of course it is my job to train the helper on the DIAD.

Ouch

So your in management upstate? Your job is to del packages. Unless you are a feeder or inside employee. You do realize that favors you do for management will go unnoticed when you screw up.

Ouch

Man I may have to take another pain pill. If I was your daddy I would whip your butt like a prescription. 3 times a day or until you learned.

Ouch

Talking to him is like clapping with one hand. Didnt mean to hijack the thread I apologize to the op. Glad you were not injured.

wayfair

swollen member
To the poster, glad your ok.

To all those who don't use their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

do not claim it as a tax deduction for work...you know who you are!

:alien:We are watching, NSA

I don't understand... I get a lot of UPS discounts that aren't related to work, why should phones be one that I can't use???

FilingBluesFL

The purpose of having all these helpers that are unemployed goofballs, is for them to have the flexibility to meet at a Pre determined, DESIGNATED time and place.

If it's really that hard to do, then it's obvious that they are unemployed for a good reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The purpose of having all these helpers that are unemployed goofballs, is for them to have the flexibility to meet at a Pre determined, DESIGNATED time and place.

If it's really that hard to do, then it's obvious that they are unemployed for a good reason.

Put yourself in their shoes----wouldn't you rather have a driver who cares enough to personally call to set up the meet? Would you really want to sit by the phone, dressed and ready to go, not knowing when or even if UPS is going to call?

My helper is also a preloader which makes it much easier to set up the meet. If things change I am not going to rely on the helper coordinator to relay those changes to the helper----I make one phone call and it is done.

Work smarter, not harder.

FilingBluesFL

I'm not here to make friends. When I was a helper 10 years ago, I was told to go to a place, and a driver would be there.

Worked perfectly every time.

When I was laid off a few years ago, I did exactly that, sat by the phone and waited for UPS to call me.

I'm here to deliver packages, not run a party line off my cell phone, son!

upschuck

Most of the time here, after the first couple of days, they say to meet the driver at ........... everyday for the rest of peak. No more calls.
Put yourself in their shoes----wouldn't you rather have a driver who cares enough to personally call to set up the meet? Would you really want to sit by the phone, dressed and ready to go, not knowing when or even if UPS is going to call?

My helper is also a preloader which makes it much easier to set up the meet. If things change I am not going to rely on the helper coordinator to relay those changes to the helper----I make one phone call and it is done.

Work smarter, not harder.

Most of the time here after a couple of days, they are told by coordinator to meet for the rest of peak at the same bat time/bat place.

I had my preloader one year before pas and all, he was the best I had, knew if he had put something weird, and also knew my stops almost better than me. Great preloader and helper. Moved to another center for school purposes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of the time here after a couple of days, they are told by coordinator to meet for the rest of peak at the same bat time/bat place.

M0nday we started at 0830 and left bldg. at 0845. Helper met me at 11 as it was fairly light. The rest of the week we started at 0940----one day we didn't leave until 1030. Maybe it's just me but I don't want my helper to have to sit somewhere for up to a half hour or more when he can be at the meet point within 10 minutes of my call.

upschuck

We have had more standard start times, get airs off, meet helper, or set time in pm for res.

Yet you want to make the helper anxiously wait by the phone for your call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have had more standard start times, get airs off, meet helper, or set time in pm for res.

Yet you want to make the helper anxiously wait by the phone for your call.

Tuesday we left bldg. at 0950 and I met my helper at 1015. Wednesday we didn't leave until 1030 and I didn't get to the meet point until 1045. Had I told him to meet me at the same time as Tuesday he would have sat in his car for 30 minutes. He lives on my delivery area and appreciates that I call him rather than having him sit in front of Gamestop.

Get airs off? Our center has forgotten how to deliver NDA airs on time.

oldngray

nowhere special
If helper has to wait he still gets paid if he is meeting me. Its not out of my pocket. I just don't want to be stuck waiting for him to show up (which happened far to frequently).

upsman68

To the poster, glad your ok.

To all those who don't use their phone for "UPS business" please do not ask for the UPS discount with your carrier and

do not claim it as a tax deduction for work...you know who you are!

:alien:We are watching, NSA

That is one of the most idiotic takes I have ever heard. No wonder you are in management.