Held Up

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I start both of my Helpers at 11:30 when I drop off the golf cart route. The last three days, the golf cart driver was there at 11:15 and had the cart and trailer out of the storage box ready to go, so I started him then so he could help unload my package car. If I tell my Helper I will be at the meet point at a certain time and I am running a few minutes late while knocking out a section, I pay him from the agreed start time. Its my fault for running late, not his.

To the OP, sorry you were robbed and I'm glad that you are OK. We are easy targets, I change the spots where I take my breaks all the time.

FilingBluesFL

Had I told him to meet me at the same time as Tuesday he would have sat in his car for 30 minutes. He lives on my delivery area and appreciates that I call him rather than having him sit in front of Gamestop.

Oh, that sounds like a living hell having to wait for you at a Video Game store and get paid to do it....

:dissapointed:

FilingBluesFL

To the OP, sorry you were robbed and I'm glad that you are OK. We are easy targets, I change the spots where I take my breaks all the time.

I do too, but it's only because the women at Victoria's Secret keep complaining that I'm sitting outside of the store every day...

FilingBluesFL

The thing is he wouldn't get paid for it-----our helpers don't get paid until they actually start working.

Start time is the start time, whether you are there or not.

I guess you don't start his time until you get to the first stop since he's not actually working, you're just giving him a ride there?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Start time is the start time, whether you are there or not.

I guess you don't start his time until you get to the first stop since he's not actually working, you're just giving him a ride there?

He is a preloader----we set up the meet point and time before he leaves the bldg. and we are usually within 5 minutes of each other. If something changes I will call him with a revised meet point and time. His clock restarts when he steps foot on to the pkg car.

wayfair

swollen member
I had my 7th helper today...

It's the helper coordinators job to set up meets... I'm not getting paid to do her job..

one helper didn't have transportation... I'm like, "why are you hiring people that can't make it to meet points?" she walked 2 miles to get to meet... I took her home a couple of times(bad area) so she didn't have to walk

upschuck

I had my 7th helper today...

It's the helper coordinators job to set up meets... I'm not getting paid to do her job..

one helper didn't have transportation... I'm like, "why are you hiring people that can't make it to meet points?" she walked 2 miles to get to meet... I took her home a couple of times(bad area) so she didn't have to walk

If you looked like your avatar, you should have no problem keeping a helper.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My helper is awesome. She is hot, she brings me a Mountain Dew and king sized snickers bar everyday. I want her have my children I love her so much

Keeping stay at home moms satisfied since 1986

Marne Vet

The helper does not get paid to sit in his car waiting for me to show up. He gets paid once his butt hits the jump seat and stops getting paid once I drop him off back at his car.

If I tell my helper to meet me at 9:30 AM, and I'm late, he gets paid from 9:30 AM. That's the start time I gave him. No different than my own start time. If I'm an 8:30 start, I get paid starting at 8:30 AM if I'm on time. When we take our lunch, my helper knows he isn't getting paid for that time. He knows this. He's also getting paid to sit in that Jump Seat every time I have to dig through 400 pkgs and sort the next split if I can't hand him a few stops to run off.

I'm not docking a helper 5 minutes, 10 minutes, ANY minutes if I'm not at the meet location on time. These guys and gals already make pennies, and you want to nitpick over minutes when you're making him wait? Dude. Not cool.

Marne Vet

I see anonymous is a typical Union Goon. Cleverly changing my signature to insinuate that I am gay. Do u give handies to your BA?

Keeping stay at home moms satisfied since 1986

Just put him on your Ignore List if he's bothering you. Trust me, after placing a few people on my own list it's been very peaceful around here. 99% of the people [here] are awesome. You just have a few butt pimples that have nothing better to do than annoy others. You won't miss them, or regret this advice. ~MV