Hoffa Jr's and Dennis Taylor's hidden agenda revealed!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I disagree.
Fact is, Hoffa has complete authority to interpret the constitutional language.

He is choosing to impose this contract. He claims he has to impose it, and that is a flat out lie.

I agree that he doesn't have to impose it. But the only way the constitution requires a revote is after a strike has been called. That was the part I was referring to. We don't get to vote it down, have them renegotiate, and then vote again, but I think that's how we all thought it did work.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't deserve "full credit"???

Had I reread the entire article (instead of fixating on a single subsection) I would have connected the remaining dot....and not had to ask....repeatedly...."is this a final offer"???

....but serious, didn't we deserve a straight answer, from someone???

After all, some of us have packages to deliver as well.

I'm giving you full credit for bringing it to my attention. I saw no one else even bring it up. And I agree we deserved a straight answer, but again, either they didn't understand, or were intentionally confusing the situation. Either way, such people should be voted out.

panther

Then how come we tried to get more people to vote than any contract in the history of UPS and the Teamsters. Can you honestly say that you ever saw more information out there to inform the members to vote? You need to understand the reality that is that the contract has passed. We would love it if everyone Ofer and we tried to make it as easy as humanly possible. The only catch is that members either make to much money to care or had something else to do. Ups Freight did not have this problem. Instead of spending all your free time on this inter webs site you should have made sure actual members voted. Instead of super long winded posts that you are known for.
How many part timers does ups freight have?

Time for change

Then how come we tried to get more people to vote than any contract in the history of UPS and the Teamsters. Can you honestly say that you ever saw more information out there to inform the members to vote? You need to understand the reality that is that the contract has passed. We would love it if everyone Ofer and we tried to make it as easy as humanly possible. The only catch is that members either make to much money to care or had something else to do. Ups Freight did not have this problem. Instead of spending all your free time on this inter webs site you should have made sure actual members voted. Instead of super long winded posts that you are known for.
Yes we know that the unprecedented million dollar + yes vote push by the IBT couldn’t even produce an actual Yes to the contract. Talk about pathetic, you and anyone who negotiated and pushed this contract is pathetic. You had had all the money and the platform and still couldn’t legitimately pass this thing. Isn’t that the first time in history it got voted down on national level? Pathetic!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes we know that the unprecedented million dollar + yes vote push by the IBT couldn’t even produce an actual Yes to the contract. Talk about pathetic, you and anyone who negotiated and pushed this contract is pathetic. You had had all the money and the platform and still couldn’t legitimately pass this thing. Isn’t that the first time in history it got voted down on national level? Pathetic!

You do realize you're talking to a confirmed fraud, right? Ignore him, he will shrivel up from a lack of the attention he lusts after, and float away...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Wake up. 117,000 didnt vote. Its broke and needs addressed.

Just look ahead in 2023, what is going to change to get those 117,000 so called members to vote. Would it be fair to state that probably 75% of those non-voters are part timers with less than a year in, fact is that most of them will not be around in another 5 years to vote on the next one. The threshold of that coveted 50% voter participation will never be met with the constant turnover and hiring the new ones at a minimum wage. Seriously 15.50 in 2023 and you expect these newbies to think of their future with this company or get involved with anything to with Union Business, they couldn't even find the time of 5 minutes of their precious phone time to send in a vote.

Maybe it is time to set up two separate contracts one for full timers and one for part timers. The next one will be over the (PENSION) and (HEALTH AND WELFARE), am I not the only one who sees this coming, are we going to permit some young transient, uninformed part timer vote or (not vote) on issues that we been fighting over for decades and have vested our whole lives into. It is come down to that...

Those of us that have worked for this company and been paying full member dues to our union for decades should have a bigger vote or say, otherwise it will be the same story in 2023.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just look ahead in 2023, what is going to change to get those 117,000 so called members to vote. Would it be fair to state that probably 75% of those non-voters are part timers with less than a year in, fact is that most of them will not be around in another 5 years to vote on the next one. The threshold of that coveted 50% voter participation will never be met with the constant turnover and hiring the new ones at a minimum wage. Seriously 15.50 in 2023 and you expect these newbies to think of their future with this company or get involved with anything to with Union Business, they couldn't even find the time of 5 minutes of their precious phone time to send in a vote.

Maybe it is time to set up two separate contracts one for full timers and one for part timers. The next one will be over the (PENSION) and (HEALTH AND WELFARE), am I not the only one who sees this coming, are we going to permit some young transient, uninformed part timer vote or (not vote) on issues that we been fighting over for decades and have vested our whole lives into. It is come down to that...

Those of us that have worked for this company and been paying full member dues to our union for decades should have a bigger vote or say, otherwise it will be the same story in 2023.
Dude. Stop blaming part timers. Stop blaming new guys. It literally does not matter how many people vote.

Hoffa has complete authority to force the contract. He's just lying to you saying it's about voter turnout so we blame each other instead of him.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I quit listening to Hoffa's lies decades ago..Maybe you are right and I went into a bit of a rage by hammering these young kids..Something has to be done to keep this from happening again even if Hoffa steps down or retires.

Inthegame

Just look ahead in 2023, what is going to change to get those 117,000 so called members to vote.
They won't vote, but the answer is simple...send delegates to the 2021 IBT Constitutional Convention that will remove the 2/3rds-50% language.
Shouldn't be any problem since the majority of voters on this CBA have been ignored.
The Vote No movement should start campaigning today.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They won't vote, but the answer is simple...send delegates to the 2021 IBT Constitutional Convention that will remove the 2/3rds-50% language.
Shouldn't be any problem since the majority of voters on this CBA have been ignored.
The Vote No movement should start campaigning today.
What's the point of that? It also says the president can change it anytime he feels like.

Nimnim

The Nim
No. If you are a dues paying member, you paid for the right to vote.

I agree, but I have to think about the transient nature of the PT workforce. There is a large number of them that never make it past one year and it only takes a couple months to get seniority and be in good standing. Perhaps make it so they can't vote until they get their insurance? If someone sticks around that long they're possibly more invested in sticking around. At the very least it would incentivize the union to push for benefits earlier.

I agree, but I have to think about the transient nature of the PT workforce. There is a large number of them that never make it past one year and it only takes a couple months to get seniority and be in good standing. Perhaps make it so they can't vote until they get their insurance? If someone sticks around that long they're possibly more invested in sticking around. At the very least it would incentivize the union to push for benefits earlier.
It's supposed to be 9 months if this new contract every goes through.

Pass out free weed. That should do it.