Hoffa/Taylor spinning hybrids

browned out

What we keep hearing from the company controlled Hoffa/UPS team is that THE MAJOR ISSUE in this contract was excessive overtime. Hoffa uses that mentality to justify the 22.4 position. That is BS.

Did anyone receive a contract demand poll from the teamsters as in years past?

Or will UPSers just be forced to bend over and take the contract POLE?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
UPSers will not be forced anything this time around. We learned our lessons last Jr. screw job on this current contract!

The OT was a major issue brought up at the pre-contract union meetings at my local. Something like a 22.4 was never mentioned by anyone who actually works at UPS as an hourly. If I had to wager, Someone at the company told Jr. that "his idea" of a 22.4 is something UPS would not object to. Jr then had it in his head that 22.4 was all his idea and it grew legs from there!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What we keep hearing from the company controlled Hoffa/UPS team is that THE MAJOR ISSUE in this contract was excessive overtime. Hoffa uses that mentality to justify the 22.4 position. That is BS.

Did anyone receive a contract demand poll from the teamsters as in years past?

Or will UPSers just be forced to bend over and take the contract POLE?

UPSers will not be forced anything this time around. We learned our lessons last Jr. screw job on this current contract!

The OT was a major issue brought up at the pre-contract union meetings at my local. Something like a 22.4 was never mentioned by anyone who actually works at UPS as an hourly. If I had to wager, Someone at the company told Jr. that "his idea" of a 22.4 is something UPS would not object to. Jr then had it in his head that 22.4 was all his idea and it grew legs from there!

What constitutes a “hybrid” driver? Preload/Driver?
Driver/Unloader?
What about (sadly) Airdriver/Ground Driver?
What if the company makes all of us hybrid? So now your $4.15 raise is now
-$2.00. If you don’t think it’s a possibility, your being naive. This is UPS, not a normal company. So what constitutes hybrid?
I don’t hear guys complaining about overtime. It’s the extreme overtime. If Hoffa and DT’s answer to “extreme”’ OT is to have drivers at $6 less an hour, then they need to retire like yesterday.

born2Bwild

Hybrid drivers in IMHO was aimed originally to reduce excessive O/T. Well.. guess what.. the company will cut all overtime and you will be limited to about 8 hours. The majority of us don’t mind 1or 2 hours overtime.if you have late pickup, hybrid will run your air along with few ground and your start time will be late.22.4 is a huge mistake

F

Frankie's Friend

Driver/Unloader?
-$2.00. If you don’t think it’s a possibility, your being naive. This is UPS, not a normal company. So what constitutes hybrid?
I don’t hear guys complaining about overtime. It’s the extreme overtime. If Hoffa and DT’s answer to “extreme”’ OT is to have drivers at $6 less an hour, then they need to retire like yesterday.
Hybrid negotiators would be just fine.
To qualify for that position they'd have to actively work at the trade they are negotiating the cba for.

They'd have more skin in the game.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Driver/Unloader?
The underlying problem in my opinion is the complete lack of trust for anyone at the Negotiating Table?

We don't seem to trust those negotiating on our behalf, from a general ability and intellectual standpoint, while being highly suspicious of their integrity and ethics.

We also know that the Company doesn't negotiate in "good faith" and are already plotting to bastardize any and all language that won't land them in Federal Court.

With these factors in place, it makes it really hard to sell a lemon.

Inthegame

Hybrid negotiators would be just fine.
To qualify for that position they'd have to actively work at the trade they are negotiating the cba for.

They'd have more skin in the game.
Yes because those working in the crafts are highly skilled and trained negotiators...
Calm down Frances, it was a joke.
But if I was actively working in the craft at UPS and assigned to the NMA Committee, those talks would take 5 years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The underlying problem in my opinion is the complete lack of trust for anyone at the Negotiating Table?

We don't seem to trust those negotiating on our behalf, from a general ability and intellectual standpoint, while being highly suspicious of their integrity and ethics.

Yet.... 99.9% of the members don't know who (besides Hoffa, Taylor, and Hall)

are on any of the negotiating committees. All duly elected by the membership.

But, your point is understandable.

We also know that the Company doesn't negotiate in "good faith" and are already plotting to bastardize any and all language that won't land them in Federal Court.

Isn't that the point of taking "verbatim minutes" in this National negotiating session ?

The major benefit of that is, eliminating disputes on the interpretation and application

of the language.

I've said it before.... from the moment the company signs a contract, they are looking

for ways to "renegotiate it" through the grievance procedure.

Having verbatim minutes will stop that.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yet.... 99.9% of the members don't know who (besides Hoffa, Taylor, and hall)

are on any of the negotiating committees. All duly elected by the membership.

But, your point is understandable.

Isn't that the point of taking "verbatim minutes" in this National negotiating session ?

The major benefit of that is, eliminating disputes on the interpretation and application

of the language.

I've said it before.... from the moment the company signs a contract, they are looking

for ways to "renegotiate it" through the grievance procedure.

Having verbatim minutes will stop that.

-Bug-
When will these "verbatim minutes" be released from the 2013 negotiations?

I know better than to ask for the most recent ones.

~Bbbl~™

Chester

Driver/Unloader?
Makes us all hybrids? Ugh, misinformation continues.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We have watched too many contracts go by and ups change the interpretation of the language on August 1 without the union putting up much of a fight.

Chester

Already plotting? Do you have evidence of this or just your opinion? And don’t say “you know who we work for”, I’m talking factual evidence

Chester

It’s amazing what is being spread on here, none of you would go to a union meeting and say the crap you post anonymously on here. We just had one in Peoria last weekend, should of invited some of you, you all would of been laughed out of the building.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It’s amazing what is being spread on here, none of you would go to a union meeting and say the crap you post anonymously on here. We just had one in Peoria last weekend, should of invited some of you, you all would of been laughed out of the building.
I would invite you to one my Local's meetings, but we went dark for the summer, so it will have to wait until September.

....with a UPS contract being negotiated and an ABF contract being voted on.

SMH

Chester

I would invite you to one my Local's meetings, but we went dark for the summer, so it will have to wait until September.

....with a UPS contract being negotiated and an ABF contract being voted on.

SMH
So you come on here to spread rumors and misinformation? How is that helplng anyone? What local are you in?