Hoffa/Taylor spinning hybrids

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It’s amazing what is being spread on here, none of you would go to a union meeting and say the crap you post anonymously on here. We just had one in Peoria last weekend, should of invited some of you, you all would of been laughed out of the building.
So I take it you love driving jobs at $6 less an hour? Oh great.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Come on @Bubblehead provide some facts, maybe you should get a job writing articles in opinion section of local newspaper.
Those are called "editorials" and this is a blog style chat forum.

Do you see the parallel?

But hey, I'll play if you can be patient.

See I have a truck to drive and packages to deliver, and there are only so many opportunities to for me to post.

Chester

Those are called "editorials" and this is a blog style chat forum.

Do you see the parallel?

But hey, I'll play if you can be patient.

See I have a truck to drive and packages to deliver, and there are only so many opportunities to for me to post.
They’re also an opinion section ya dope

browned out

$6 less than hour for someone doing the same work is absurd.

What is even more absurd is the fact that many of these hybrid drivers will actually be working harder than full-time drivers.

Pre loading unloading loading and primary sort are all a lot more physically demanding than the driving job. The driving job is by far more mentally stressful. This is coming from a full-time driver who has worked at almost every job there is to have it UPS. Part time for 9 years and FT for over 15 years.

So why agree to a concession to pay a hybrid driver who is working in a much more physically demanding position than most regular drivers $6 an hour less at their max pay?

The answer is greed, collusion and Corruption.

It'll be very interesting to see the actual contract language on the hybrid drivers. Maybe the hybrid driver Position will not be combined with the most physically demanding jobs at UPS. Yeah. Right

Chnandler Bong

I could be wrong, but I think the Hybrid position was to address BOTH excessive OT and weekend ground work. I guess it’s a reasonable compromise on its face, but the devil will be in the details. There would have to be strict, enforceable language regarding how they can be used and all members must know how their jobs will be effected BEFORE we’re asked to vote. I’m all for giving the company a tool to address excessive OT that would also fill weekend driving positions...but not if they are planning on virtually eliminating OT and cutting full time jobs.