Hoffa/Taylor spinning hybrids

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I’m all for giving the company a tool to address excessive OT that would also fill weekend driving positions...but not if they are planning on virtually eliminating OT and cutting full time jobs.
They already have a tool to address excessive OT and fill weekend driving positions. It's called hiring more full time drivers under the current pay structure.

Chester

$6 less than hour for someone doing the same work is absurd.

What is even more absurd is the fact that many of these hybrid drivers will actually be working harder than full-time drivers.

Pre loading unloading loading and primary sort are all a lot more physically demanding than the driving job. The driving job is by far more mentally stressful. This is coming from a full-time driver who has worked at almost every job there is to have it UPS. Part time for 9 years and FT for over 15 years.

So why agree to a concession to pay a hybrid driver who is working in a much more physically demanding position than most regular drivers $6 an hour less at their max pay?

The answer is greed, collusion and Corruption.

It'll be very interesting to see the actual contract language on the hybrid drivers. Maybe the hybrid driver Position will not be combined with the most physically demanding jobs at UPS. Yeah. Right
If they work harder for less $ that’s their own fault

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Why not just wait til we’ve all seen it instead of spreading misinformation.
I’m not spreading anything but the Possibly. Maybe your ok with “ground for less” but I’m not. It’s our only premium job. FT is FT. How long do we wait? Oh yeah, the supplements can’t even piggy back.

dudebro

This site reaches way more than that, I have no doubt.

In all honesty, you're right about that part.

But would you see any return on your money trying to come into a forum (especially if your profile was created a week ago, or was inactive until a week ago) and argue with people here?

I can't see it.

PT Car Washer

$6 less than hour for someone doing the same work is absurd.
We already have drivers doing the same work for $17/hr less and no 9.5 protection. But you were OK with that because it would not effect the top rate drivers. Or Union members working inside for $25/hr less then the old guy working next to them. "Does not effect me." you said. Now you want everyone to go on strike to protect your job.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In all honesty, you're right about that part.

But would you see any return on your money trying to come into a forum (especially if your profile was created a week ago, or was inactive until a week ago) and argue with people here?

I can't see it.
So you have met @Chester ?

He doesn't understand, or realize, that my credibility has been built on this site over thousands and thousands of posts since 2007.

He thinks he can just join last month and come on here and discredit members like @BigUnionGuy and myself with claims of "fake news".

Take your deflated ball and go back where you came from @Chester , your crap isn't sticking to the wall, but nice try.

Last edited:

specter208

Spoke to a driver friend. Says that all part-time cover drivers will become 22.4s. Heard a similar thing from my local official who is on the negotiating committee.

Chester

So you have met @Chester ?

He doesn't understand, or realize, that my credibility has been built on this site over thousands and thousands of posts since 2007.

He thinks he can just join last month and come on here and discredit members like @BigUnionGuy and myself with claims of "fake news".

Take your deflated ball and go back where you came from @Chester , your crap isn't sticking to the wall, but nice try.
You have street cred on charmcafe? Wow that’s badass!