Hoffa/Taylor spinning hybrids

F

Frankie's Friend

Union strength and existence can be shredded by the stroke of a legislators pen.
It can be oppressed but not shredded. The strength of a union comes from within. No amount of Gov oppression can "shred a union" like corruption, dishonesty in the leadership, and the precipitation of those things is apathy.
When members are strong, unified, and supported by honest and upright leadership there's no stopping their prosperity.

The union quickly rots out from the inside. Regardless of the opposition, apathy and member distrust does more damage to unions than any outside force because when the members give up they'll quit paying dues when the opportunity avails itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

air traffic controllers...

Doesn't matter.

Dude, the union was negotiating the contract with who?
The FAA just happens to be the government!

We're not.
Union strength and existence can be shredded by the stroke of a legislators pen.
Come on ITG, you know that's not true. I believe the NLRB has something to say about that.

Hoffa SR shed his own blood and skin fighting for rights of workers. The union and non members as well rallied around him.
Why?
Because they found someone who would literally roll up his sleeves and fight for them.

That's my point.

Based on what we're previewing, although possibly not official, people are shaking their heads.
Angry.

F

Frankie's Friend

Here, I'll help you out.
The law against them striking was written by congress in 1955 and upheld by the supreme court again in 1971.
They knew they couldn't strike.
They struck anyway.

F

Frankie's Friend

20180628_084549.jpg

Ten yrs after the Supreme Court decision upholding the 1955 law they struck.

Inthegame

Come on ITG, you know that's not true. I believe the NLRB has something to say about that.
The NLRB can also be eliminated by the stroke of a legislators pen.
Ask John Kasich how that worked out for him in Ohio?

I don't subscribe to the notion that these "legislators" hold my fate in their hands, in fact just the opposite, they work for me.

If enough people wake up to that notion, change can be made like it was in Ohio with Senate Bill 5.

We Are Ohio | SB 5 History
Ohio's constitution (written by legislators) allowed the action to thwart Kasich and save unions. Those laws weren't available in Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin among others.
Here, I'll help you out.
The law against them striking was written by congress in 1955 and upheld by the supreme court again in 1971.
They knew they couldn't strike.
They struck anyway.
You're making my point quite efficiently. Carry on.

F

Frankie's Friend

The NLRB can also be eliminated by the stroke of a legislators pen.

Ohio's constitution (written by legislators) allowed the action to thwart Kasich and save unions. Those laws weren't available in Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin among others.
You're making my point quite efficiently. Carry on.
That has nothing to do with what im saying.
Im talking about trust.
No law can regulate that.

I have respect for the judicial and legal comments you are trying to make but that is not the issue I'm posting about in this thread.

Integrity is not legislative.
It's a choice.

Tony Q

@Tony Q ,
You come on this site to buffer the outrage of the one thing that is going to rape the package car classification for years to come.

I and many members do not appreciate it and in fact we will not stand by while this GP, who fired SO (ten times the leader he is) from being the lead negotiator in the ups contract, destroys the number one coveted job in this company.

Your spin on the hybrid driving job being the solution to "helping the excessive overtime " issue is garbage. You know it as well.
We know it very well.

I hope every steward and member gets involved in sending this cba to the shredder and if you cant tell the truth on here please dont post at all.
We're sick of it.
I'm going to have to respectfully decline your request. I am going speak my mind, as I have always done, politically and about this contract. The devil will be in the details. You still don't have them all. Till you do it will be continued.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm going to have to respectfully decline your request. I am going speak my mind, as I have always done, politically and about this contract. The devil will be in the details. You still don't have them all. Till you do it will be continued.
hi david

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
6AFAC20D-2FCF-486F-A687-CFF4667DEEDA.jpeg
F2CDB566-E7D5-4A88-BA73-E2F303782D8A.jpeg
63763BED-0395-45AF-B213-2CB06E3CED94.jpeg
Like more than this?