Hoffa/Taylor spinning hybrids

F

Frankie's Friend

Then what were you doing at the Peoria union meeting? You posted that you were there.
I can hear it...
backing up reverse beeping....
Peoria was the closest location, our hall is in Chicago, try again @Benben

Are you really that dumb? Why would I drive to Peoria if I lived in Chicago and hall is in Chicago
They let management into the hall?
Next lie crybaby.
What was the topic of the conference calls today?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just supplement. No rider. What is a seniority application?
Not sure how a "Rider" differs from a "Seniority Application"?

What I do know, is that my question was dumb, because none of them trump state law.

While that state law is certainly a game changer in your state....

....I would like to think that one caveat would not influence a "good Teamster" into voting for a system that doesn't benefit the entire membership?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not sure how a "Rider" differs from a "Seniority Application"?

What I do know, is that my question was dumb, because none of them trump state law.

While that state law is certainly a game changer in your state....

....I would like to think that one caveat would not influence a "good Teamster" into voting for a system that doesn't benefit the entire membership?
I can agree with that. I mean right now we do t have Sunday language. We have a call from Sean tomorrow night about our supplement and the contract.

Hybrid drivers in IMHO was aimed originally to reduce excessive O/T. Well.. guess what.. the company will cut all overtime and you will be limited to about 8 hours. The majority of us don’t mind 1or 2 hours overtime.if you have late pickup, hybrid will run your air along with few ground and your start time will be late.22.4 is a huge mistake
I also heard the are going to make them work Wednesday-Sunday!

Tony Q

What we keep hearing from the company controlled Hoffa/UPS team is that THE MAJOR ISSUE in this contract was excessive overtime. Hoffa uses that mentality to justify the 22.4 position. That is BS.

Did anyone receive a contract demand poll from the teamsters as in years past?

Or will UPSers just be forced to bend over and take the contract POLE?
Part-time starting wages, harassment, and 9.5 were the major issues in the majority of the proposals. These issues and proposals as far as contractual language in the supplements and riders were also at the top of the list. Premium services and subcontracting also were major sticking points. All these will be addressed if you can wait a little longer. With the holiday coming up, I would focus on this and divert your aggression toward the announced Supreme Court ruling on the Janus decision. This contract isn't perfect, but fast forward five years when labor as far as unions is cut down to shreds and let me know how you like your contract negotiations then.

F

Frankie's Friend

Part-time starting wages, harassment, and 9.5 were the major issues in the majority of the proposals. These issues and proposals as far as contractual language in the supplements and riders were also at the top of the list. Premium services and subcontracting also were major sticking points. All these will be addressed if you can wait a little longer. With the holiday coming up, I would focus on this and divert your aggression toward the announced Supreme Court ruling on the Janus decision. This contract isn't perfect, but fast forward five years when labor as far as unions is cut down to shreds and let me know how you like your contract negotiations then.
The condition of the union's strength is only as good as the condition of the leaders of those unions.

When a large percentage of members want leadership change there's reasons for that and when a vast amount of people no longer trust or believe their motives then the ship starts to sink.

Union strength cannot be "shredded" from the powers that are outside the union.

The union rots from the inside out making it vulnerable to be shredded not the other way around.

F

Frankie's Friend

@Tony Q ,
You come on this site to buffer the outrage of the one thing that is going to rape the package car classification for years to come.

I and many members do not appreciate it and in fact we will not stand by while this GP, who fired SO (ten times the leader he is) from being the lead negotiator in the ups contract, destroys the number one coveted job in this company.

Your spin on the hybrid driving job being the solution to "helping the excessive overtime " issue is garbage. You know it as well.
We know it very well.

I hope every steward and member gets involved in sending this cba to the shredder and if you cant tell the truth on here please dont post at all.
We're sick of it.

Last edited by a moderator: