Houston I have a Problem! Feeder Questions & Drug Testing

BigBeef42

They may not even do a drug test. They didn't when i transferred from part time. Only drug tests ive taken are the random ones. I would just accept the position. Nothing moves fast at ups. It will be weeks before they send you for a physical
You have plenty more time to smoke everything you got.
Thanks for the piece of mind.

When i spoke with HR today they said they want a drug screening before training begins...

Ive heard a few different things. Some people get tested before training, some dont. I talked with a feeder driver today and he didnt get tested right away.

BigBeef42

When you take a D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) drug test , you are pissing into a cup from which they pour the contents into two separate bottles that are then sealed. The lab tests the first one and if found to be clean, you passed.

If the first sample is found to be "dirty", they then test the second sample a little more stringently with more precise equipment and I believe you get a phone call from the lab before the test of the second bottle. UPS doesn't get notified about the 2nd test beforehand. If 2nd bottle is dirty, you failed and then UPS gets notified. You then get notified by UPS that you failed the 2nd test, the lab doesn't call you about whether or not your 2nd test failed or passed. But in your case if you got the phone call, you can already know your second sample is going to fail also..

So while there is a 2nd test, it's not the one you were hoping for.

You got some good advice particularly about hydration. The test threshold is expressed in whatever parts per million. Making your urine more water by virtue of drinking copious amounts of water will dilute the thc in the sample of urine and thus help bring your sample under the threshold.

That's all I can offer.

Edit: lay off anything with poppy seeds, alone they would not cause you to fail a drug test, but they do contain small amounts of thc and would push your thc content in the wrong direction.

Ill always remember that Seinfeld episode with the poppy seed muffins.

Thanks for the piece of mind.

When i spoke with HR today they said they want a drug screening before training begins...

Ive heard a few different things. Some people get tested before training, some dont. I talked with a feeder driver today and he didnt get tested right away.
And you are subject to random testing anytime.

Keep your eye on the prize

BigBeef42

When you take a D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) drug test , you are pissing into a cup from which they pour the contents into two separate bottles that are then sealed. The lab tests the first one and if found to be clean, you passed.

If the first sample is found to be "dirty", they then test the second sample a little more stringently with more precise equipment and I believe you get a phone call from the lab before the test of the second bottle. UPS doesn't get notified about the 2nd test beforehand. If 2nd bottle is dirty, you failed and then UPS gets notified. You then get notified by UPS that you failed the 2nd test, the lab doesn't call you about whether or not your 2nd test failed or passed. But in your case if you got the phone call, you can already know your second sample is going to fail also..

So while there is a 2nd test, it's not the one you were hoping for.

You got some good advice particularly about hydration. The test threshold is expressed in whatever parts per million. Making your urine more water by virtue of drinking copious amounts of water will dilute the thc in the sample of urine and thus help bring your sample under the threshold.

That's all I can offer.

Edit: lay off anything with poppy seeds, alone they would not cause you to fail a drug test, but they do contain small amounts of thc and would push your thc content in the wrong direction.
Great advice.

BigBeef42

If you fail the drug test for feeders, and go back to your part time job, UPS can make you take another drug test, because they know you tested dirty, and they will fire you.
This is exactly my conflict. I have a cushy job inside the hub and cant risk losing it, as well as the potential job in feeder.

guyinthebrownbox

If you only dabble you should be good by test time. It doesn't need to be completely out of your system. It only needs to be below 50ng/ml. If you only take one hit it more than likely will drop below that threshold within a few days.

To obtain a DOT card you will absolutely have to take a drug test to get it.

Exercising and a proper diet to help to "flush" it out because the body is essentially burning fat. THC-COOH is the molecule being tested for and it is fat soluble compound. Burning fat releases what's stored in the system back into your system to be flushed out (urine/sweat/etc) If you do work out make sure you stop intense work out at least a day before the test and either drink or eat something with moderate to high sugar (carbs) so the body will stop burning fat in its place

Drink a lot of water yes. But keep in mind that since this is not a random test, it's possible for them to wonder about purposely diluting the sample. Will ups pursue that? Where I'm at no they wouldn't cause it costs more money to retest

All the information for drug testing is covered under article 35 of the contract and UPS uses national DOT standards for the tests

Last edited:

guyinthebrownbox

Also, if you fail a drug test for any position, ups can retest you at will, but only for a set amount at time. They can't test you at will indefinitely. Also, to be fired for a second failed test, it must be for the same substance

watdaflock?

A convict I knew (he stole a car as a juvi) kept his coke pinkie nail loaded up with some powered chlorine shock pool cleaner. Thankfully his P.O. never closely checked his nails was standing right behind him during the tests.

PT Car Washer

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I didnt want to mention "cheating" the test because i didnt want to get caught.

Ive read they dont "observe" you giving the sample. Is this true? If so i may look into cheating.

Im the only part timer ive ever heard of getting a chance to drive feeder. I dont want to blow this chance. 10 years of waiting makes me eager to cheat. I live in a craphole town with barely any job opportunity elsewhere... i.e. i need this badly.

Do they pat you down before the test? Or just empty the pockets...

Do the detox "drinks" work? Do you guys know anyone thats tried them...

Just to clarify im not a stoner. I smoke once or twice a week. A puff does the job and i stop at that.
You smoke dope once or twice a week and don't consider yourself a stoner?

Faceplanted

Vitamin b (complex take more than recommended)
Work out and sweat a lot
Lots of water

Don't piss in the cup your first piss of the day and take mid steam

You should be good in under 2 weeks. 1 week is usually good if you aren't fat. I know people who have passed in less than a week with this method.

Watch out with the flushes ect, they don't work for everybody and sometimes just don't work.

Source: take a guess

P

pickup

Getting back to the parts per million/hydration theme. I am an off the street feeder hire and many many moons ago, I had a job for another tractor trailer company. The office for the company doctor that they had used for D.O.T. physicals did not issue d.o.t cards on the spot but faxed them to the company. One of the fax machines in the transaction must have been garbage because they could not get a good copy into my possession, after multiple attempts.

The company decided that the card I had ended up with was "satisfactory" . I eventually , quietly disagreed. The doctor's office was 5 states over from where I was so going back there to get a good copy was not viable. So I decided to go get my own done, minus the drug test since that was not required for the card. Cost about 40 dollars at the time.

So after working a long week of over the road trucking, I parked my truck and to stretch my legs I walked about the 5 miles to the place where I would have my D.O.T. physical. It was a hot humid day and I did have water and I was drinking it , but more was going out of my pores than going into me. So I arrived at the doctor's office and I had to piss into a cup and I gave the darkest most yellow sample that they probably ever saw. They test the contents for diabetes and as I found out, for protein. As it turns out, a high level of protein in the urine can be an indication of kidney damage and other things. If that level is too high, i.e if it exceeds a certain amount of parts per million, you ain't getting your card. Vision, weighing and blood pressure and hearing tests were done by a nurse or physician's aide.

So while waiting a little excessively in the examination room for the rest of the exam which had to be performed by the doctor, the doctor opened the door and peered in and looked at me rather oddly and I commented sheepishly "what's wrong?" She half jokingly and half seriously said "You should be dead, but apparently you are not and you look healthy.. My protein parts per million was off the charts. She asked if I drank water before I got there and I told her that I did but that I walked 5 miles to get there. "In this heat??, ahh that might be it" she said.

She told me that I need to drink a lot of water before they administer the urine test for protein again. So I sat there for a half an hour drinking water and gave a less colorful sample the second time. And my protein numbers were good.

So what did we learn from this story? : same protein amount in both samples, but more water the second time around to create larger denominator of that number: parts/million.. So , to the original poster, plenty of water and don't do what I did and go exercise yourself to death or expose yourself to a hot and humid day on the day of your piss test like I did

P

pickup

Remember: you don't have to get a "hundred" to pass this test, but you do have to "study". Just don't take my advice as a way to continue smoking weed if you do become a feeder driver. I would be very very disappointed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I didnt want to mention "cheating" the test because i didnt want to get caught.

Ive read they dont "observe" you giving the sample. Is this true? If so i may look into cheating.

Im the only part timer ive ever heard of getting a chance to drive feeder. I dont want to blow this chance. 10 years of waiting makes me eager to cheat. I live in a craphole town with barely any job opportunity elsewhere... i.e. i need this badly.

Do they pat you down before the test? Or just empty the pockets...

Do the detox "drinks" work? Do you guys know anyone thats tried them...

Just to clarify im not a stoner. I smoke once or twice a week. A puff does the job and i stop at that.

if you are considering cheating, maybe you should go into management. good fit.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Like others have said if you are not a stoner, a week should be fine. Stop now and flush your system and you should be good. You can also get the home tests from any drug store to be sure your test will be negative.
cranberry juice is the best for flushing.

Johney

They may not even do a drug test. They didn't when i transferred from part time. Only drug tests ive taken are the random ones. I would just accept the position. Nothing moves fast at ups. It will be weeks before they send you for a physical
You have plenty more time to smoke everything you got.
Here they will not let you start feeder school until your test comes back.

View attachment 90691
Tape it under your Johnson down by your taint. Works everytime
Unles it doesn't
And when it doesn't temp correctly? Fail.