How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm kind of the same way.

If it passes, well, the majority spoke.

If it's not a majority, but passes due to low voter turnout, well, the majority spoke by not voting.

To all you yes voters—I would love to sell you a new car. I’m sure I could talk you into paying more than sticker price because you are so easy. Voting yes on the FIRST offer is so stupid.

Comparing contract negotiations to buying a car is, quite possibly, the dumbest :censored2:ing thing I've ever encountered. Maybe second to @LagunaBrown declaring himself the winner of everything. And you're not the first, it's :censored2: amazing.

RoadRage

I would vote no if I’d ever get my ballot. Deadline is a week away and I and several other drivers haven’t gotten it yet. Called every day since Tuesday. Nothing.
Same here, as i was informed since my last 4 weeks vacation I took where all the first week of each month, no union dues were paid.(arrearage) paid my $364 couple days later i was sent a text with voting link..

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
giphy (9).gif

So bummed. But at least I'll be able to hold my head high knowing I wasn't complicit in passing the travesty that is the TA. In ten or fifteen years they'll look back at this vote as the point of no return for the erosion of working conditions at UPS and confidence in the union.

browned out

If somehow this contract were to pass on the 1st attempt; I think there will be a mass exodus from the union in right to work states. Why would anyone keep paying a teamster reps salary when that same rep negotiated a pay cut for most drivers? Some state that the Teamsters union as we know it will have to be torn down and built back up. A message must be sent to Hoffa and his cronies. Losing the Teamsters general election in the U.S. did not seem to resonate with Hoffa/Taylor and the old guard. Millions of dollars of lost dues $ will send a sharper message. It would be sad if it has to come to that. But opting out of a union that does not represent you does not hurt you or the other members. Ask Rob Atkinson; he literally helped pay Betty Rose Fischer's salary. What he got in return was Betty's collusion with UPS to terminate him. Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight .......so we pay the Hoffa cronies salaries and in turn; they conspire with UPS to get us fired. Time for major changes is this POS contract passes without major changes.

Box Ox

In ten or fifteen years they'll look back at this vote as the point of no return for the erosion of working conditions at UPS and confidence in the union.

Yep. An epic :censored2: Contract during a good economic period = even worse down the road when things aren’t going well. And if the Company gets away with it this year it might very well pimp slap the Teamsters from here until the end of the Union’s existence.

Which is exactly they’ve sent out the propagandists/propoganda en masse this year.

Vacation

Every “NO” vote was a big middle finger to Hoffa. Does anything else really matter? We all know that the harassment will not end till he is gone. We need someone with balls. The over 60 could have been fixed by adding simple wording that says the 6th day and Holidays can’t be forced. The excessive OT could have been solved a few ways also but again a lack of balls on the IBT part. I really don’t think UPS understands that they could have gotten some give backs by just offering a guaranteed 8.5 hour day in exchange for whatever they wanted. All they needed to say is we need X to give it to us and all but a few would have said ok and it doesn’t really matter what X was. No raise the first 2 years or our first born kids. Hell many people would vote yes on the 22.4 job if they fixed it a little and offered a 8.5 hour list for people to opt onto. It’s not that we are unreasonable we just need people that really want to try and find the middle ground.

Why not just take our OT and give it to the part timers as a raise.

browndevil

If somehow this contract were to pass on the 1st attempt; I think there will be a mass exodus from the union in right to work states. Why would anyone keep paying a teamster reps salary when that same rep negotiated a pay cut for most drivers? Some state that the Teamsters union as we know it will have to be torn down and built back up. A message must be sent to Hoffa and his cronies. Losing the Teamsters general election in the U.S. did not seem to resonate with Hoffa/Taylor and the old guard. Millions of dollars of lost dues $ will send a sharper message. It would be sad if it has to come to that. But opting out of a union that does not represent you does not hurt you or the other members. Ask Rob Atkinson; he literally helped pay Betty Rose Fischer's salary. What he got in return was Betty's collusion with UPS to terminate him. Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight .......so we pay the Hoffa cronies salaries and in turn; they conspire with UPS to get us fired. Time for major changes is this POS contract passes without major changes.
Are you prepared to opt out of everything else the Union offers you? Health and Welfare, annual raises, increased pension contributions, paid,vacation, jury duty, bereavement, sick days? If you don't want this contract, be the change you want to see. Run for office in your Local. Campaign for O'Brien and Zuckerman in 2021. Put them at the negotiating table in 2023.
Peace, BD

PT Car Washer

Are you prepared to opt out of everything else the Union offers you? Health and Welfare, annual raises, increased pension contributions, paid,vacation, jury duty, bereavement, sick days? If you don't want this contract, be the change you want to see. Run for office in your Local. Campaign for O'Brien and Zuckerman in 2021. Put them at the negotiating table in 2023.
Peace, BD
Peace, BD
I agree that if you do not like the direction the Union is going is to get involved not to drop out. That just makes the Union position weaker. Just like having a 97% strike vote from 23% of the members. That really weakened the Union negotiators hand at the bargaining table.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
View attachment 214621

So bummed. But at least I'll be able to hold my head high knowing I wasn't complicit in passing the travesty that is the TA. In ten or fifteen years they'll look back at this vote as the point of no return for the erosion of working conditions at UPS and confidence in the union.

I don't totally agree. Hoffa won't be here for the next contract.

I think whoever is voted in, whether Zuckerman or someone else, the top priority will be to clean up the 22.4 language.

Like it or not, they are here to stay.

The pay is not even my major issue.

They will make less than a driver while driving, but make more than a preloader while loading.

Almost a wash in the end if, and I know it is a big if, they are used as intended. 4 hours preloading and 4 hours driving.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Go FT immediately, vest in a 5-year pension and abandon ship.
The next contract after this one will be the nail in the coffin should the current proposal pass.

browned out

Peace, BD

We are prepared to opt out of the Hoffa union because they are using our dues money in order to get rid of "problem employees". Many of us have been subjected to the terrible life changing retribution and retaliation from Hoffa/UPS coordinated targeting of drivers and other UPS employees. Read this case Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight Atckinson's case is not unique. It has happened to dozens if not 100s of UPSers. Most have lost their livelihoods. I would say 99% are no longer working at UPS due to Union UPS collusion. 1% or less of us have been able to defeat UPS and the Teamsters. When you have a corrupt union; it is worse than no union. We are paying these Hoffa cronies $100,000 + so that they and UPS can take our livelihoods? When you have a union that does not take any action against people like Betty Rose Fisher; there is a major problem....a cancer.

I have been a staunch union supporter for decades. I still am and always will be. But I will no longer support this corrupt union if this contract is passed without major changes. All 4 of my Grandparents were union employees. 2 at the Big 3 Auto Companies, Another at a major telecommunications company, and the other a coal miner. My father was a union carpenter. My father and grandmother find it reprehensible what is going on with Fiat/UAW How much legal trouble could Fiat Chrysler, UAW face in scandal? and UPS/Teamsters.

If I was only thinking about myself and what the Teamsters did to me and my family; I would have opted out years ago. I would have filed a failure to fulfill a duty of fair representation case that i could have easily won. My union allegiances were too strong. It was bigger than me.

If this was about the Hoffa Teamsters being complicit in strategically targeting 100's of employees by colluding with UPS; I would have opted out years ago. It was bigger than just the 100's of us.

But now; this is a lot bigger than me or the 100s like me who the Hoffa Teamsters have thrown under the bus and then backed the bus over us. UPS is driving the bus and Hoffa is resting his head in UPS's lap. And now they are not attempting to run a few hundred of us over; they are trying to run 10s of 1000's of us over. All the while; telling us they have our best interests at hand. The hypocrisy is grotesque. We will not pay these butt puppets for selling a whole generation of 22.4s down the river.

If 100's or 1000's of us do opt out; we will send our dues $ to the O'Brien/Zuckerman's campaigns....or for that matter to any of the many other Teamster locals that actually do their FN job.

No one that I know wants to opt out. But there are 1000's that will.

Hopefully, after a strong no vote; these hypocritical, disgraced, pieces of garbage will actually fight for ALL the members.

The Hoffa-Hall Corruption Concessions Connection

So for now; keep sending your hard earned money to these criminals in the red vests; those that voted over 80% for Hoffa at the delegation. We the members voted Hoffa out in the US. Hoffa and his corrupt buddies do not represent the members. They are eroding this union from the inside out. The Union (and many many more than just Fisher) continue to collude with UPS in order to terminate UPSers. WTF?

We will keep paying our dues unless this contract goes thru without MAJOR changes. There is a difference between a union who works for the members and a union that works with UPS to terminate members.

And hopefully we can take out this mountain of Teamster trash in the next Teamster General election and our local elections.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't totally agree. Hoffa won't be here for the next contract.

I think whoever is voted in, whether Zuckerman or someone else, the top priority will be to clean up the 22.4 language.

Like it or not, they are here to stay.

The pay is not even my major issue.

They will make less than a driver while driving, but make more than a preloader while loading.

Almost a wash in the end if, and I know it is a big if, they are used as intended. 4 hours preloading and 4 hours driving.

Is that how 22.4's are intended to be used? And whose intentions are we talking about? I simply lack the faith to believe that whoever follows Hoffa will be better. Let's hope I'm wrong, while we're at it, let's hope upsers have the guts to vote no until 22.4 disappears.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is that how 22.4's are intended to be used?

That's what Taylor said the language means.

And whose intentions are we talking about?

The million dollar question.

let's hope upsers have the guts to vote no until 22.4 disappears

They are not going away. They just might be paid more while driving, and maybe less while preloading and included in 9.5 language.

I simply lack the faith to believe that whoever follows Hoffa will be better.

I'm optimist.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Read this case Atkinson Hearing Reveals Disturbing Relationship Between UPS And Teamsters | bringbackthefight

Atkinson was a bumbling idiot.

He was a 17 year Union steward, that had active warning letters, he never protested.

The NLRB shot his case down and he is now waiting on an appeal.