How bummed are the “Vote No” guys gonna be when the contract passed due to poor turnout.

Almost a wash in the end if, and I know it is a big if, they are used as intended. 4 hours preloading and 4 hours driving.

That's what Taylor said the language means.

That's not at all what he said on the conference calls, not even close. He said they will primarily be used as drivers, and will deliver all weekend work. That is definitely not a 4/4 split. For that matter, do you think UPS would really bite off on paying a guy 2x or more what a preloader makes just to save $6/hr on the road??? What people are upset about is that they will be ground drivers that get paid less than a ground driver. If they had paramaters like requiring 20% of hours to be inside work, or a set hours amount, most would be fine with it.

Educate yourself. Read, ask questions, read some more. Make sure you know exactly what you're voting on before Oct 5. Good luck.

That's not at all what he said on the conference calls, not even close. He said they will primarily be used as drivers, and will deliver all weekend work. That is definitely not a 4/4 split. For that matter, do you think UPS would really bite off on paying a guy 2x or more what a preloader makes just to save $6/hr on the road??? What people are upset about is that they will be ground drivers that get paid less than a ground driver. If they had paramaters like requiring 20% of hours to be inside work, or a set hours amount, most would be fine with it.

Educate yourself. Read, ask questions, read some more. Make sure you know exactly what you're voting on before Oct 5. Good luck.
So RPCDs will continue working in the building while 22.4s only drive?

Tony Q

This contract won’t pass because of a poor turnout. The contract won’t be imposed because of a less than 50% vote. Just a FYI. This contract won’t be imposed. If it’s voted down we have authorized a strike. Last contract won’t happen again.

Box Ox

Almost a wash in the end if, and I know it is a big if, they are used as intended. 4 hours preloading and 4 hours driving.

They won’t be. 22.4s have an 8 hour guarantee and no OT protection because they’re the lower-cost labor force that’ll be up to their necks in work and abused regardless of their inside/outside split. That’s their “use as intended.” Anybody thinking they’ll 8 and skate has it wrong.

LagunaBrown

Comparing contract negotiations to buying a car is, quite possibly, the dumbest :censored2:ing thing I've ever encountered. Maybe second to @LagunaBrown declaring himself the winner of everything. And you're not the first, it's :censored2: amazing.
The car thing is as dumb as your post. Show me all those posts declaring what again? :bsbullf:You guys make up so much its hilarious. In truth I am winning the most creative emoji charms though, thanks to the vote no movement. Awesome job guys!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They won’t be. 22.4s have an 8 hour guarantee and no OT protection because they’re the lower-cost labor force that’ll be up to their necks in work and abused regardless of their inside/outside split. That’s their “use as intended.” Anybody thinking they’ll 8 and skate has it wrong.

I agree and that's the main issue I have with this new 22.4 language.

SameRightsForAll

When you look at how the UPS workforce has been dumbed down, it should be easy to understand how such a contract would be accepted without a challenge.

browned out

Atkinson was a bumbling idiot.

He was a 17 year Union steward, that had active warning letters, he never protested.

The NLRB shot his case down and he is now waiting on an appeal.

WRONG SIR, WRONG. ATKINSON WON. UPS fired driver for union activities, social media use - NLRB judge | Reuters

No matter what your view of Rob is ....the problem is that the union is corrupt and will not take action against anyone like Betty Rose Fischer who coordinates attacks with UPS to fire drivers

This contract won’t pass because of a poor turnout. The contract won’t be imposed because of a less than 50% vote. Just a FYI. This contract won’t be imposed. If it’s voted down we have authorized a strike. Last contract won’t happen again.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. Your post seems to indicate that if the TA is voted down then there won’t be a renegotiation to clear up anything that might be fixable to get it passed?