How do you do a recall election

upschar71

I am requesting information on doing a recall of a local union election. I feel the local doesn't represent it's members. Over a year ago we had a 3 way race with the winner getting only 39% of votes cast and 80% of members didn't even vote.

upschuck

I am requesting information on doing a recall of a local union election. I feel the local doesn't represent it's members. Over a year ago we had a 3 way race with the winner getting only 39% of votes cast and 80% of members didn't even vote.
They must have gotten more than any of the others.

Why do you want to recall them?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

It's not going to happen, a year after the fact.

Post election protests have to be filed within 72 hours.

You're stuck with them for 2 more years.

Unless.... they are violating the IBT Constitution or the Locals Bylaws.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have waited all day....

....and am now torn as to whether a certain "clich" is actually expanding intellectually, or their game is slipping?

There is an obvious answer to the OP, that would have been posted repeatedly, from multiple angles, within 10 minutes a year ago.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have waited all day....

....and am now torn as to whether a certain "clich" is actually expanding intellectually, or their game is slipping?

There is an obvious answer to the OP, that would have been posted repeatedly, from multiple angles, within 10 minutes a year ago.

~Bbbl~™

Post #3 nailed it.

No need for anyone to elaborate.

Word of the day.... "clich". I had to look that one up.

I'm still undecided, if it was used in the proper context. :biggrin:

-Bug-

542thruNthru

Have you tried *69? That's what I do when I want to recall someone.