How is your center handling 9.5?

Safebychoice

We’ve had countless threads about the companies new 9.5 policy. Every driver is supposed to be under 9.5 hours for a paid day. We know that. With that being said, how is your center getting that accomplished? Are they getting that accomplished. In our center, we have a few lower seniority employees come in around noon and they cover help a couple drivers and cover late pickups on a select few routes that have them. Also, every driver has been working. No one has been sent home. The extra guys not on a route help 3-4 drivers a day to keep them under 9.5 and then they call it a day. I’ll be honest, it’s worked out better then I thought. I have to credit my management team, apparently these guys really do know what they’re doing. WE just need to listen. Are they right 100% of the time? Heck no, but they’re in that position for a reason and that reason is they know more than us. They’ve forgotten more about driving than we’ll ever know. I’m not ashamed to say I’m extremely proud of my management team. They’re awesome. Go management!

Dough99

We’ve had countless threads about the companies new 9.5 policy. Every driver is supposed to be under 9.5 hours for a paid day. We know that. With that being said, how is your center getting that accomplished? Are they getting that accomplished. In our center, we have a few lower seniority employees come in around noon and they cover help a couple drivers and cover late pickups on a select few routes that have them. Also, every driver has been working. No one has been sent home. The extra guys not on a route help 3-4 drivers a day to keep them under 9.5 and then they call it a day. I’ll be honest, it’s worked out better then I thought. I have to credit my management team, apparently these guys really do know what they’re doing. WE just need to listen. Are they right 100% of the time? Heck no, but they’re in that position for a reason and that reason is they know more than us. They’ve forgotten more about driving than we’ll ever know. I’m not ashamed to say I’m extremely proud of my management team. They’re awesome. Go management!
Go management?‍♂️♂️

Seeing as how our center continues to cut routes, let people go home and have many of us in after 8 or 9pm I doubt this is truly company wide. 3 nights this week I have been out over 11 hours and it's not even truly peak yet.

Safebychoice

Seeing as how our center continues to cut routes, let people go home and have many of us in after 8 or 9pm I doubt this is truly company wide. 3 nights this week I have been out over 11 hours and it's not even truly peak yet.

Interesting. Do you think it’s a dispatch problem or a you problem? If your dispatched with that much work that’s a problem but are you possibly running way over? When you get to work in the morning look at the computer and see what tine is says your last stop should be. You shouldn’t definitely be in before that time.

RolloTony Brown Town

Interesting. Do you think it’s a dispatch problem or a you problem? If your dispatched with that much work that’s a problem but are you possibly running way over? When you get to work in the morning look at the computer and see what tine is says your last stop should be. You shouldn’t definitely be in before that time.

Attachments

• AD99CBEF-F4E4-4A19-8E22-85BED514AF1B.png
    AD99CBEF-F4E4-4A19-8E22-85BED514AF1B.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 223

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It seems to be slowly unravelling here. Not enough PT. Volume increasing but routes have been static since the big push 3 weeks ago.

I truly do not see this lasting long.

Just some numbers. We started this train with a 28000 local piece count. Yesterday was 36000.

Last edited:
It seems to be slowly unravelling here. Not enough PT. Volume increasing but routes have been static since the big push 3 weeks ago. At least two of my drivers

I truly do not see this lasting long.

Just some numbers. We started this train with a 28000 local piece count. Yesterday was 36000.
I think it's a ploy so drivers won't get on the 9.5 list.

Delivery!!!

Just another way for the company to step over a dollar to pickup a nickel. Although their not even picking up any nickel now. Lowering our dispatches is great but having drivers help another when their done just to keep them under 9.5 is wasting money doing unnecessary meets.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well I wouldn’t quite word it the way you have but yes plan days are way down especially when you compare year over year numbers.

For starters we’ve hired more employees this year then I’ve ever seen in my entire career, that’s even compared to when there was that mad dash to hire those 10,000 drivers after the strike of 97.

On top of drivers we’ve hired part timers at a staggering rate. Starting the pre-load earlier as well which allows us to be wrapped up earlier.

I’m not saying that there aren’t drivers who’ve worked late but at this point that’s definitely the exception not the rule.

We also have helper routes with stop counts that are regular days for just the driver. We’ve been told they want every helper team well oiled for when the real volume hits.

Your management has no special power.....they’re just finally allowed to do what we’ve all known was necessary but never allowed to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I'm 2 hours over every day they know it. If they want me under 9.5 they need to adjust the dispatch accordingly.