How much of UPS's income goes to hourly pay/bennies? 40% 60%?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Actually I've never heard about backing but if I was told I had 25 backs for the day I wouldn't back over 25 times. Work as instructed.
"i'm going to disagree with your post until you call me out on the implications then i'll conveniently reword it so i'm good"

gotcha thanks for clearing that up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"i'm going to disagree with your post until you call me out on the implications then i'll conveniently reword it so i'm good"

gotcha thanks for clearing that up
Nope just saying management doesn't give us freedom to make decisions anymore.

You need to read more and post less. There are a number of guys on here who have been told they have to call in for permission to back any amount over their number. That's retarded.

Just let us do our freaking jobs and leave us alone already.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Nope just saying management doesn't give us freedom to make decisions anymore.

You need to read more and post less. There are a number of guys on here who have been told they have to call in for permission to back any amount over their number. That's retarded.

Just let us do our freaking jobs and leave us alone already.
none of that comes from IE, so thanks for agreeing with my point about local management

tourists24

none of that comes from IE, so thanks for agreeing with my point about local management
so is it or is it not true that centers are dictated how many routes they are "allowed" to have based on the numbers? How the centers can make that plan work is attainable if done correctly?

upschuck

Don't you guys know by now, that IE is the backbone of this company, and it is the crap local management that can't seem to do their job properly, anywhere in the country.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
so is it or is it not true that centers are dictated how many routes they are "allowed" to have based on the numbers? How the centers can make that plan work is attainable if done correctly?
it's not a simple matter of "allowed"; if they have 6000 stops with 9000 pieces, we put in an estimation of how many routes and what SPC they will need to run to make their Plan Day, which is ultimately set to hit their SPORH/NDPPH targets (their real goals)

the Plan Day is subject to change, if they can demonstrate that it's not realistic (this is not hard if you're actually right)

Don't you guys know by now, that IE is the backbone of this company, and it is the crap local management that can't seem to do their job properly, anywhere in the country.

no sorry, the drivers are the backbone of the company, thanks for trying hard

Poop Head

Judge me.
Reduce your backs!! Increase Orion compliance!!
top-head-exploding-gif.gif

tourists24

it's not a simple matter of "allowed"; if they have 6000 stops with 9000 pieces, we put in an estimation of how many routes and what SPC they will need to run to make their Plan Day, which is ultimately set to hit their SPORH/NDPPH targets (their real goals)

the Plan Day is subject to change, if they can demonstrate that it's not realistic (this is not hard if you're actually right)
so if a center cannot justify adding routes that is suitably "realistic", then they have to go by that number correct?

ManInBrown

Reduce your backs!! Increase Orion compliance!!
View attachment 134521
It's a joke

First off the whole don't run 100%, that's not what we're asking for. Just run 90% is because they know Orion is garbage. I don't have a calculator to check my numbers on road. It's either run it stop for stop, or do it my way. Which one is it?

Then you run 100% and the next day they either want to know why you backed 75 times, or were over your miles by 20.

Absolute morons

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually I've never heard about backing but if I was told I had 25 backs for the day I wouldn't back over 25 times. Work as instructed.

Our center has a list, by route number, of our backing goals. Mine is 15.

We do have drivers who put it in neutral and coast backward just to not have it count as a back. Stupid.