How much of UPS's income goes to hourly pay/bennies? 40% 60%?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"Get in their face" would get you on unpaid vacation.

So would starting yourself just because a sup asked you a question.

The correct response would be to tell him that if he wanted an answer to that question, he will have to wait until your start time, or to start you right now.

10 Pt

So would starting yourself just because a sup asked you a question.

The correct response would be to tell him that if he wanted an answer to that question, he will have to wait until your start time, or to start you right now.

For anyone to get in somebody's face and create a situation that could be depicted as a hostile work environment is pretty stupid.

I do agree with your last statement.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If a sup comes to you with a report and asks you questions about work you are working. Now if you scabs choose not to stand up for yourselves and insist on being the pusillanimous willows blowing in the wind next to a stream that is your choice. I personally can not fathom living a life like that but different strokes for different folks. I choose to stand up and be a man. I will answer their questions and I expect to be, and will be, paid for my time!

How do you live life being walked on all the time? Use the brains god gave you. How could your sup argue you are NOT working while answering his/her questions about work? What would his/her defense be? "I was just asking questions like I do when I am ___ driver's house having dinner with their family."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If a sup comes to you with a report and asks you questions about work you are working. Now if you scabs choose not to stand up for yourselves and insist on being the pusillanimous willows blowing in the wind next to a stream that is your choice. I personally can not fathom living a life like that but different strokes for different folks. I choose to stand up and be a man. I will answer their questions and I expect to be, and will be, paid for my time!

How do you live life being walked on all the time? Use the brains god gave you. How could your sup argue you are NOT working while answering his/her questions about work? What would his/her defense be? "I was just asking questions like I do when I am ___ driver's house having dinner with their family."

Choose your battles and choose them wisely.

After a few times of telling your sup that you will not answer his questions until you are on the clock will put an end to him asking you while you are off the clock. He will get the message.

This is standing up for yourself. This is being a man as you put it. This is resolving the situation peacefully.

Instead of escalating the situation like you propose, by getting in his face and starting yourself without permission, both of which will get an employee an unpaid vacation if they listen to you, the situation is resolved by letting him know you will not answer any questions until you are on the clock.

Choose your battles wisely.