How's peak 2019 brothers?

seekz

Highest route was 250+ stops, everyone was off by 700. Its insane how well we're doing. They haven't said anyone is forced this saturday but im sure its to early in the week yet for that. I'm still not going in either.

PAUPSGuy

Crazy. That's a 13 yr insider pay rate. And they wonder why the senior guys have no incentive to do extra work
AI will take over every job but the loader and service provider eventually. Hard to tell how soon that will be with UPS - 5 years? What power does the union officially have over fully automated centers/hubs? Like none?? UPS moves like molasses on ice with everything they do, it's why they are in the bind they are atm. Amazon cutting Fedex off is a win/win. Whatever little volume they were covering now gets shoved down UPS's throat; just in time for Xmas and they hate FedEx and UPS the same anyways. Bezos is a 'nothing is ever good enough' mentality. He's standing up a shipping arm of Amazon without a Union, and UPS is helping him just like FedEx was until very recently. Get your ass into a driver's seat asap and soak up the money. Amazon can quite literally afford to lose what UPS makes annually to prove a point and scalp the least loyal large accounts. The next few years are going to interesting as hell. The same company every union member hates will rely on their ability to go to war for their livelihood and future. It's a damn shame.

Box Ox

Bezos is a 'nothing is ever good enough' mentality. He's standing up a shipping arm of Amazon without a Union, and UPS is helping him

Maybe UPS corporate's ultimate goal in propping up Amazon is to weaken the Union over the long run. They'll have to cut costs to remain competitive.

seekz

I should of shut my mouth. Back to being destroyed. Driver has 165+ stops left at 1800. Hopefully we dont run behind since some planes didnt make it

mrbrownstone

This company is a bunch of clowns. After 8 hours they pay me 94 cents a minute, or almost 2 cents a second, to deliver packages because they are too dumb to hire enough drivers to get me home earlier. By 2022 they will be paying me a dollar a minute after 8 hours a day for their own lack of planning due to online sales.

By that time I will be delivering every misload ( I’m averaging 15 misloads a day at peak) possible and will move slower as the unreasonable work load progresses. Hopefully they loose money on me due to giving me too much work. If they can’t get me off the clock in enough time to have a life, I will make them pay royally.

Really by the the end of life of this contract, if they were smart we would be working 8 hour days year long including peak. But since they are not smart, I will bend them over at peak at work at half speed to make them pay for stupidity.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I should of shut my mouth. Back to being destroyed. Driver has 165+ stops left at 1800. Hopefully we dont run behind since some planes didnt make it
That was me today. Dispatched 285 4 hundo pieces in a p5. Also have an hour/hour and a half pick up that sometimes blows out the car during an 8 hour day....and other days you might get 15 pieces, it’s totally random, luckily the big ones are really cool and always text the bid driver whenever they know it’s gonna blow us out. Today I had 95 off at lunch, and the sh** hit the fan big time with the pickups. They were shocked and highly irritated that I couldn’t complete the pickups. Which basically means that they are incapable of basic math. It’s a p5. There’s still 300 pieces in here, irregs everywhere. How can you possibly be surprised????

Air Recovery

That was me today. Dispatched 285 4 hundo pieces in a p5. Also have an hour/hour and a half pick up that sometimes blows out the car during an 8 hour day....and other days you might get 15 pieces, it’s totally random, luckily the big ones are really cool and always text the bid driver whenever they know it’s gonna blow us out. Today I had 95 off at lunch, and the sh** hit the fan big time with the pickups. They were shocked and highly irritated that I couldn’t complete the pickups. Which basically means that they are incapable of basic math. It’s a p5. There’s still 300 pieces in here, irregs everywhere. How can you possibly be surprised????

Sounds like one of our ORS who gets on us for making mistakes.....yet he NEVER was a driver.

He was asking me why I handed off a pickup to another driver today......i had over 200 next day airs coming from 45 minutes away and that pickup is 10 minutes in the opposite direction.....

I didnt even try to explain. I told him i got my job done and that he wouldnt have been able to do it.