I plan on becoming a steward. Mark my words. (PT/Package Handler ATM)

W

WestCoastBrown

Free country, for now.
What is crazy is that it is our own who seem to not see how good we have it and how great our Country is. Everyone still comes HERE for the best jobs, better quality of life, better freedoms.
Honestly, humility and an even-temperament will get you further than being a hot head or gung ho.
I may be different, but a principle-centered negotiator has my respect versus some idiot acting tough in front of others.

When I was a center manager, I had real a-hole Stewards that just wanted to fight and they really ended up with nothing.
I also had a couple of guys that wanted to "work together" for the betterment of everyone (we were remotely located), and things strating clicking (at least at our local level).

I think they thought they were manipulating me, and that's OK. I just needed a certain amount of work to be done with minimal issues from the habitual crap stirrers.

Learn the Contract and don't waste countless hours talking about someone's non-issue....it will work against you.

Just my $0.02
I understand sir. I realize today with a more clear head how manic I came off just non-stop posting and lashing out. I could see why no one would trust me at panel with a 10 ft pole and frankly, a monkey could communicate better than I did. I continue to read it and write down what I feel is the most important. Particularly fair pay and wages regarding Articles 22, 40, and 41 so people are getting paid correctly.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I donโ€™t care anymore.
What is crazy is that it is our own who seem to not see how good we have it and how great our Country is. Everyone still comes HERE for the best jobs, better

I understand sir. I realize today with a more clear head how manic I came off just non-stop posting and lashing out. I could see why no one would trust me at panel with a 10 ft pole and frankly, a monkey could communicate better than I did. I continue to read it and write down what I feel is the most important. Particularly fair pay and wages regarding Articles 22, 40, and 41 so people are getting paid correctly.
Can you please list all the meds you take?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
What is crazy is that it is our own who seem to not see how good we have it and how great our Country is. Everyone still comes HERE for the best jobs, better quality of life, better freedoms.

Patience

UnionStrong

Pay him no mind, no one else does. Heโ€™s not like most on here. He will report you for a personal attack. I would delete that last post

UnionStrong

All I will say is this: Sarcasm and discouragement is exactly why I see a lot of new-hires quit. That and a lack of empathy from fellow Brothers. You guys have to understand and adapt to how the new generation thinks and handles things. Consider the following: Imagine growing up in a Right to Work state your whole life and getting a union job for the first time and your exposure to it is literally no one helping you out, no old heads approach you to show the ropes, and they only have their scab sups and managers to go to because prior to a union job, they never had Brother solidarity. I understand new people and PT people don't stay long, but if the union is to stay strong, we have to speak to others through a mirror, so to speak. My parents raised me on the principles on busting ass and making a name for yourself. Keeping your mouth shut and dealing with it. I also grew up amongst the new generation, being in my late 20s almost 30. Most people can't read above a 4th grade level. Imagine giving a 200 page packet to someone who for their whole life, only read when necessary in class.
Then they had better toughen the :censored2: up!

W

WestCoastBrown

Then they had better toughen the :censored2: up!
I think they grew up with a different era of parents/no parental guidance after talking with most of them again. My parents grew up from the "toughen the :censored2: up and shut the :censored2: up" era and I learned from that. I was born getting bare ass belt whooping's and soap to the mouth. It is a generational shift of "instant gratification."

UnionStrong

I think they grew up with a different era of parents/no parental guidance after talking with most of them again. My parents grew up from the "toughen the :censored2: up and shut the :censored2: up" era and I learned from that. I was born getting bare ass belt whooping's and soap to the mouth. It is a generational shift of "instant gratification."
Theyโ€™re mostly indoctrinated soy boys with no work ethic. Donโ€™t take any :censored2: kid! But donโ€™t start unnecessary trouble either. Pick youโ€™re battles and make sure youโ€™re right.

W

WestCoastBrown

Theyโ€™re mostly indoctrinated soy boys with no work ethic. Donโ€™t take any :censored2: kid! But donโ€™t start unnecessary trouble either. Pick youโ€™re battles and make sure youโ€™re right.
Funny enough my father told me the same thing when I told him about wanting to be a steward and going through with all I went manic about posting on here the first day. The old man is right once again. I'll make sure to take this to heart. I imagine you must be a father yourself or something.

UnionStrong

Funny enough my father told me the same thing when I told him about wanting to be a steward and going through with all I went manic about posting on here the first day. The old man is right once again. I'll make sure to take this to heart. I imagine you must be a father yourself or something.
Yes, and heโ€™s a very successful young man too. No snowflake either.

cynz

I like your attitude, we need more in Arizona. I just made my 30yrs and i can see the union is much weaker, our union stewards used to be like sledge hammers now they say stuff like choose your battle, well the sups are working because were short handed. Or let me check with Company labor management... wtf...And since ive been there so long i know the rules which i have to correct the stewards all the time. Tell the new hires to learn their contract. Since we are not a union state it is hard to get fellow employees on board, but i always tell them if we didnt have the union we would all be fired and replaced with cheaper labor, and no benefits. Then the scabs say no im a great worker they would never fire me...... I go your just a number.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Iโ€™d rather not say for privacies sake, but I can promise in the coming months it will be apparent.
That sorta sounds creepy..

With you being a seasonal temp peak on call thin skinned helper...

What are you truly looking to bring to the table.

On topic...

Helping Arizona 224 Mafia members look out for the wackos

W

WestCoastBrown

That sorta sounds creepy..

With you being a seasonal temp peak on call thin skinned helper...

What are you truly looking to bring to the table.

On topic...

Helping Arizona 224 Mafia members look out for the wackos
I am a permanent employee in the hub. I'm just looking to bring forward my best. Learn the contract and help others. I feel pride coming home from being sore. What I mean by the "but I can promise in the coming months it will be apparent" is that if you talked to me in the hub even just a little, you would immediately know who I am on here, hence the privacy.