D

Deleted member 77202

Don’t worry you got more balls than some of the guys on the belt. Had a new loader started today and he was loading one of my trucks. They gave him 3. As I was walking to my truck to make sure my air and irregs were in order he walked right passed me and out the door. Quit his first day.
I admit that I laugh when I hear about employees walking out on their first day, but their actions reveal how stressful the job can get (especially when you're brand new, maybe right outta high school, and have little to no training and/or there's no one around to ask questions to.)
It's sad that people think quitting on the spot is their only option.

FreedomOne

Today I had the same 4 trucks to preload. It was hell. A :censored2:ty packed box of books opened under the weight of itself and it caused me to get backed up with packages. My scanner then decided to fail and my supervisor wasn't around to help me so I asked another preloader. My supervisor was angry when he saw that this was like the third time I let packages get backed up. I talked to an older package handler after work and he said I could just go ask to work in sort or offload, which I have done and I like it way better. I'm not union yet and the way this preload is going my supervisor said I might not make it. How could I ask to be stationed anywhere else in the hub? I'm kinda bummed that I can't keep up.
(third week at ups so far)

Don't let things like that back you up. :censored2:ty equipment and stuff busting open is not your responsibility. Put it down and continue working. Notify a supervisor when you can to fix the scanner and have the clerk fix the damaged package.