I totally would not cross a picket line.

F

Frankie's Friend

I would bet a lot of people would cross right away. Others would cross in two days and by the first week you would understand how weak the membership is. After this happens the we are done.

I remember that we had very few who crossed in 1997. I don’t see that happening now a days.
Nah dude, the first people to cross will be the shareholders and they'll be crying worse.

But it'll be hard for them to pass their DOT exam. They say crying elevates your blood pressure.

If this goes to a strike everyone is done except a chosen few.
It'll be a slow death for the ibt as well.
Some scum BAs will have to get a real job. Maybe their representation will stab them in the back too so they can "get their minds right" as Clint used to say.

F

Frankie's Friend

I remember 97. Guys and girls were crying before they even missed a paycheck. I assume now it would be worse.
For the shareholders.

No one cried here. The attitude was "if you want a fight you got one". There was unity here.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I would eat :censored2: and die before I crossed.

Crossing a picket line, to me at least, is the biggest insult anyone could produce. When you cross you are saying that your situation is more important than everyone elses.

I stood with a couple of Verizon guys on their line a few years back on my lunch hour because their fight was our fight too.

This is the only way to keep money-hungry companies in line.

F

Frankie's Friend

I would eat :censored2: and die before I crossed.

Crossing a picket line, to me at least, is the biggest insult anyone could produce. When you cross you are saying that your situation is more important than everyone elses.

I stood with a couple of Verizon guys on their line a few years back on my lunch hour because their fight was our fight too.

This is the only way to keep money-hungry companies in line.
Thank you.

iowa boy

I can't believe I haven't heard..... Where is my retro check???

I have asked my steward this question a couple of times in jest, and both times I have gotten the "look" and the one finger salute. Evidently he doesn't appreciate my sense of humor.

And just for the record, I sure as hell would not cross either.

I have asked my steward this question a couple of times in jest, and both times I have gotten the "look" and the one finger salute. Evidently he doesn't appreciate my sense of humor.

And just for the record, I sure as hell would not cross either.
I have a feeling they are going to try to drag this out so people will vote yes because they want their retro check...

iowa boy

I have a feeling they are going to try to drag this out so people will vote yes because they want their retro check...

I'm not going to disagree with this statement at all, as I believe that it will play a huge role in the passage of this contract in the near future.

F

Frankie's Friend

Gumby, if people don't vote and somehow this passes 'as is' they've done it to themselves.
The next 15 years will be telling for this union and the political climate may worsen, making things really interesting for some.

Ill be more than good. But the folks left behind may have the shock of their careers when the backbone of the membership is removed.

Cant wait.

Gumby, if people don't vote and somehow this passes 'as is' they've done it to themselves.
The next 15 years will be telling for this union and the political climate may worsen, making things really interesting for some.

Ill be more than good. But the folks left behind may have the shock of their careers when the backbone of the membership is removed.

Cant wait.
That's why they are trying to pass the supplements, so they can pull some kind of BS

F

Frankie's Friend

That's why they are trying to pass the supplements, so they can pull some kind of BS
Watch the bid coverage sheets getting hung up lately. It's an eye opener. They're posting that you have to qualified to drive to cover inside 22.3 jobs now...clerk and porter jobs. Just posted them yesterday.
Grievances will abound.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Some of our 22.3s are required to be driver qualified if part of the assigned work is yard, carwash or am/pm air.

You got "porters"? We lost our only one in the early "90's".

F

Frankie's Friend

Some of our 22.3s are required to be driver qualified if part of the assigned work is yard, carwash or am/pm air.

You got "porters"? We lost our only one in the early "90's".
Here:
Preload/porter, work as directed (no driving).
Car wash doesn't drive off property.
Clerks don't drive.
Preload/air driver.

All the new coverage sheets say must have a dot med card and a valid drivers license to cover any of these jobs...even jobs where they dont drive at all.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
All the new coverage sheets say must have a dot med card and a valid drivers license to cover any of these jobs...even jobs where they dont drive at all.

That doesn't make any sense.

The only time you need a valid drivers license and a DOT medical card, is if you

enter a public roadway. Would like to see them not award a bid because of that.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

That doesn't make any sense.

The only time you need a valid drivers license and a DOT medical card, is if you

enter a public roadway. Would like to see them not award a bid because of that.

-Bug-
Its coverage for those inside bids.