IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

Tony Q

You can't compare pre-depression and post-depression union influence and representation, that was my main point. I don't disagree there is a pendulum swinging, but the range of that pendulum was greatly influenced by generally pro-business regulation. The Teamsters are a business, first.
I'm not a huge fan of the millennial generation and the next one coming up but their ever growing resistance is very encouraging.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The sad thing is that your opinion, no matter how condescendingly it is conveyed, means little to nothing to me.

I am working my last day on Monday and will move on to the next phase of my life while you will still be trying to defend an organization that is on life support.
.......you can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The sad thing is that your opinion, no matter how condescendingly it is conveyed, means little to nothing to me.

I am working my last day on Monday and will move on to the next phase of my life while you will still be trying to defend an organization that is on life support.
Yeah, that organization that is on “life support” is the same organization which fought with ups to put monies into a pension which you now get to enjoy every month.....you think the company would gaf about any kind of retirement savings plan for you???? Hell to the no!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, that organization that is on “life support” is the same organization which fought with ups to put monies into a pension which you now get to enjoy every month.....you think the company would gaf about any kind of retirement savings plan for you???? Hell to the no!!
I sort of disagree there...if anything, UPS wants people to be productive through their 30's and then when their bodies burn out, be easily replaceable. I started 401k when I was 19 or 20 years old, before UPS. UPS having a 401k match, instead of pension, I'd be quite wealthy right now and shy of 40. Only because I live like I'm nearly homeless, except food clothing shelter and beer + 401k.

F

Frankie's Friend

I sort of disagree there...if anything, UPS wants people to be productive through their 30's and then when their bodies burn out, be easily replaceable. I started 401k when I was 19 or 20 years old, before UPS. UPS having a 401k match, instead of pension, I'd be quite wealthy right now and shy of 40. Only because I live like I'm nearly homeless, except food clothing shelter and beer + 401k.
I thought you resided on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While I have certainly lived well below my means, and too would have profited (in hindsight) if....???

I also realize that a Union isn't just about me, rather about the greater good of us ALL.

.... that was supposed to be the trade off....for the guarantee???

Turns out, it only works if it is continuously "paid forward".

If only there were a name for such a thing???

Staydryitsraining

It' never gonna happen but I think they should make some kind of top pay progression for part timers like they have for FT. Just pay everyone in the building the same rate after the there progression PT or FT and just send PT workers home after 4 hrs. I' love to make $29.60 for 4 hrs and leave
No one would go drive then.......

Would be awesome though

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Will The Contract Make UPS Deliver on Part-Time Pay?

The International Union has proposed:
  • $15 starting pay / $16 for skilled positions
  • $1 an hour raise every August 1
  • An extra annual 25¢ raise for part-timers
  • An increase in the part-time starting rate every year
This is an excellent proposal if the IBT doesn’t water it down. But there’s a loophole. All part-timers would only receive the $1.25 increase or the start rate, whichever is higher.
That means part-timers with five years of seniority would be making the same as a new hire! That’s not right and it has happened before.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

This is an excellent proposal if the IBT doesn’t water it down. But there’s a loophole. All part-timers would only receive the $1.25 increase or the start rate, whichever is higher.
That means part-timers with five years of seniority would be making the same as a new hire! That’s not right and it has happened before.
Get part timers to vote

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Once you see how many actually participated in this strike authorization vote you will want to puke. Trust me. It will be embarrassing.
No doubt. I talked to them daily the part 2 weeks. “You vote yes?” They all said yes but most probably didn’t

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

they need a catch up raise, even if it is a one time dollar across the board. Have to separate the new hires from the people who put time in

Jkloc420

or throw a one time bonus in there is another solution

Jkloc420

or a one time 401k contributation

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
they need a catch up raise, even if it is a one time dollar across the board. Have to separate the new hires from the people who put time in
or throw a one time bonus in there is another solution
I could understand a bonus as a catch up type thing.
Kind of hard to argue that people doing the same job should make different amounts though.... that's a company tactic to divide us, clearly it's worked with the part timers.