IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

saintrick

Are you guys really arguing to be paid less. If so please send me a check each week for the amount you feel the company overpays you.

No not arguing that at all. He proposed limiting PT pay to $20 and justified it by pointing out you can not get that at any other PT job.

I was saying you could make the same argument for package driving.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One thing I've always noticed, is off the street hires into pkg or feeders

have an attitude, or feelings of equality, with management. Like they're friends.

Earning your way (through the ranks) gives you a different perspective.

You see what the company is really capable of, and develop a thick skin.

Q: Do you know the difference between a brown nose and a kiss arse ?

A: Depth perception....

-Bug-

The sad thing is that your opinion, no matter how condescendingly it is conveyed, means little to nothing to me.

I am working my last day on Monday and will move on to the next phase of my life while you will still be trying to defend an organization that is on life support.

542thruNthru

The sad thing is that your opinion, no matter how condescendingly it is conveyed, means little to nothing to me.

I am working my last day on Monday and will move on to the next phase of my life while you will still be trying to defend an organization that is on life support.

See you on Tuesday. :)

F

Frankie's Friend

I am working my last day on Monday and will move on to the next phase of my life. I will find another job where I can hopefully be a parasite and ride the coat tails of others hard work while at the same time snitching on the same workers, avoiding a legal strike line to keep myself in good standing with the very people who would dispose of my lucrative job, and milk the system until doomsday because I have no morals or spine.

There boy, I decoded it for the rest of BC viewers.
Your opinion, for what little it is worth is like used toilet tissue.
Tuesday we will simultaneously flush our toilets at 12:01 am in honor of your leaving.

Inthegame

Happy retirement.

Not that you'd care but I thought some sliver of appreciation might wander through the fog of confusion that exists between your ears if you read what a social conscious man once wrote. (But I doubt it).

"Ten thousand times has the labor movement stumbled and fallen and bruised itself, and risen again; been seized by the throat and choked and clubbed into insensibility; enjoined by courts, assaulted by thugs, charged by the militia, shot down by regulars, traduced by the press, frowned upon by public opinion, deceived by politicians, threatened by priests, repudiated by renegades, preyed upon by grafters, infested by spies, deserted by cowards, betrayed by traitors, bled by leeches, sold out by leaders, but, notwithstanding all this, and all these, it is today the most vital and potential power this planet has ever known, and its historic mission of emancipating the workers of the world from the thraldom of the ages is as certain of ultimate realization as the setting of the sun."
Eugene Debs 1904

You think it great sport to rip the organization whose sole existence is for the welfare of it's members while exalting the organization whose sole purpose is profit.

And yet you easily criticize the guys who work daily to keep it alive, never having spent a moment in their shoes?

Good luck in the next "phase" of that life...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
nice feel-good quote by Debs, but the problem is, that was 1904. Those days are long gone. Unions are now just another branch of corporate America and are in business to MAKE MONEY and bleed others dry via contracts. Unions were once a great equalizer for the welfare of others, but again that ship sailed over half a century ago.

The selfish and politically connected corporate leaders, AKA union leaders, have zero interest in the worker unless/until it affects their vote count, therefore only interest in protecting their power and salaries.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
nice feel-good quote by Debs, but the problem is, that was 1904. Those days are long gone. Unions are now just another branch of corporate America and are in business to MAKE MONEY and bleed others dry via contracts. Unions were once a great equalizer for the welfare of others, but again that ship sailed over half a century ago.

The selfish and politically connected corporate leaders, AKA union leaders, have zero interest in the worker unless/until it affects their vote count, therefore only interest in protecting their power and salaries.
You use the analogy of a "sailing ship", but I prefer one of a pendulum swinging one way, then the other over time.

While I agree that the pendulum is swung to the wrong side, for too long, I believe the time is ripe for it start swinging back to the middle.

You need to look no further than the Teachers in numerous states that are rising up through work stoppages and collective action.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Happy retirement.

Not that you'd care but I thought some sliver of appreciation might wander through the fog of confusion that exists between your ears if you read what a social conscious man once wrote. (But I doubt it).

"Ten thousand times has the labor movement stumbled and fallen and bruised itself, and risen again; been seized by the throat and choked and clubbed into insensibility; enjoined by courts, assaulted by thugs, charged by the militia, shot down by regulars, traduced by the press, frowned upon by public opinion, deceived by politicians, threatened by priests, repudiated by renegades, preyed upon by grafters, infested by spies, deserted by cowards, betrayed by traitors, bled by leeches, sold out by leaders, but, notwithstanding all this, and all these, it is today the most vital and potential power this planet has ever known, and its historic mission of emancipating the workers of the world from the thraldom of the ages is as certain of ultimate realization as the setting of the sun."
Eugene Debs 1904

You think it great sport to rip the organization whose sole existence is for the welfare of it's members while exalting the organization whose sole purpose is profit.

And yet you easily criticize the guys who work daily to keep it alive, never having spent a moment in their shoes?

Good luck in the next "phase" of that life...
He’s an ungrateful friend that thinks UPS just willing gave him the money, retirement and perks. He has the “Thanks for nothing” attitude. I hope he stays somewhat active, cuz if not, he’ll die.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You use the analogy of a "sailing ship", but I prefer one of a pendulum swinging one way, then the other over time.

While I agree that the pendulum is swung to the wrong side, for too long, I believe the time is ripe for it start swinging back to the middle.

You need to look no further than the Teachers in numerous states that are rising up through work stoppages and collective action.

I agree, the time is NOW or NEVER. The corporate tax relief is in effect, profits are growing and the economy and job market is heading in the right direction. There will be no excuse for another subpar concessionary contract, it is time to make our leadership accountable to their members instead of playing the rank and file as fools who are easily led.

Tony Q

I agree, that is a very pleasant sight watching the Teachers union in West Virginia and their supporters make that stand. I especially liked how they still made efforts to feed the children when the strike started. It was beautiful, great analogy.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

You can't compare pre-depression and post-depression union influence and representation, that was my main point. I don't disagree there is a pendulum swinging, but the range of that pendulum was greatly influenced by generally pro-business regulation. The Teamsters are a business, first.

Tony Q

Congratulations on your retirement, its quite an accomplishment. Just the feeling of walking out that door for the last time brings a grin to my mouth and a mist to the eye.