IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

Shift

A "living wage" is not possible with part time. We would have to pay a very high hourly wage for a person to live off of 17.5 hrs a week(3.5hr guarantee a day)

At $35/hr.
$35 x 17.5 = $612.50 a week = $31850 a year. Maybe a livable wage in cheaper areas, but definitely not a big city, or even the surrounding suburbs.

Perhaps we should start part timers at $35 hour, and go up from there. :rofl:
Part time jobs aren' meant to live off of but they could at least pay the same pay rate across the board for all inside workers pt and ft. It' literally the same job just less hrs

Part time jobs aren' meant to live off of but they could at least pay the same pay rate across the board for all inside workers pt and ft. It' literally the same job just less hrs
One could argue that pt jobs weren’t meant to give a pension or benefits.

F

Frankie's Friend

Of course there is. But it comes at a high price.
What the heck do you care?
We hired 6 pters recently and 6 have just quit plus another gave his 2 week notice. None of them enjoyed benefits, vacations, paid holidays, or a decent wage.

When I shipped a 20-30# pkg (cant remember the exact weight) ground service 100 miles from me it cost me about $85.
The pters we just lost didn't make that in 2 days.

Where is the relevance?
High price vs no help and continually processing and training people.

F

Frankie's Friend

What I am saying, is what other pt jobs have benefits and a pension?
What other pt time jobs works people into the ground like this one? Add to that the management breathing down their throats every day, some at 3 am.
This is not your basic pt time job .

What other pt time jobs works people into the ground like this one? Add to that the management breathing down their throats every day, some at 3 am.
This is not your basic pt time job .
What does $12 an hour + benes + pension cost = ?

More than $25 an hour?

F

Frankie's Friend

What does $12 an hour + benes + pension cost = ?

More than $25 an hour?
In 95 starting wage for pt workers was $8 plus benefits, vacations, pd holidays included in a shorter span than today, almost a quarter of a century later, and the company was netting 1 billion yearly.
Now, net is more than 5 times that and pt wages suck.
We all know they suck.
If they progressed parallel to the full time employees wages they'd start at around $19/hr.

This is wrong but the ft votes so guess who gets what they want?

F

Frankie's Friend

What I am saying, is what other pt jobs have benefits and a pension?
Let me put it this way,

The part time turnover rate would be seriously slowed if the company would pay a decent wage from day one and people with good attitudes are more productive.

Give them more chips and they'll work harder and show up on time more often.