I'M GOING TO FEEDERS

Darth Vapor 666

I am hatred, darkness, and despair
OP, just curious what part of NJ you are in.

I am in a building in central NJ, I was called to feeders with 10 years FT (turned it down) a few years ago. Did you only put your name on the transfer list recently?

The last two drivers we had transfer into feeders ended up coming back.
I'm going to meadowlands.......coming from staten island......will NEVER go back to package

Darth Vapor 666

I am hatred, darkness, and despair
OP, just curious what part of NJ you are in.

I am in a building in central NJ, I was called to feeders with 10 years FT (turned it down) a few years ago. Did you only put your name on the transfer list recently?

The last two drivers we had transfer into feeders ended up coming back.
I turned it down in 2014...and put my name back on list last year.....did the school in May....new position in 2 weeks

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm going to meadowlands.......coming from staten island......will NEVER go back to package

This I can understand. Staten Island is a total nightmare. My center has 3 drivers that transfered from there, and our center has lent out several others to SI at various times during the year. All say the same thing.

Johney

Slightly off topic but, thought the contract said feeder drivers can be used in the operation at a center or hub while waiting for their load to be finished. Does that happen often??
I have never seen or heard of that happening.

Johney

They probably don't want to risk a feeder getting hurt while unloading packages.
I do know some guys will be used to do additional shifting, but that is part of their route assignment. I have been asked during peak to make a couple of moves at hubs during my TA. "Asked" if I minded making a move or two not told to.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I do know some guys will be used to do additional shifting, but that is part of their route assignment. I have been asked during peak to make a couple of moves at hubs during my TA. "Asked" if I minded making a move or two not told to.
Some hubs have 22.3 shifters....who neither are subject to drug testing, required to have CDLs or bound by the 60hour a week DOT rules (because they're moving trailers on private property). Safety first! lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Slightly off topic but, thought the contract said feeder drivers can be used in the operation at a center or hub while waiting for their load to be finished. Does that happen often??
Good luck 666!! Id do it but not sure how I'd like the night work.

I never met a feeder driver who couldn't get out of work if he wanted to. They are experts at it. :-)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some hubs have 22.3 shifters

Absolutely.

or bound by the 60hour a week DOT rules (because they're moving trailers on private property).

Even better;

"When an employee is required to spend more than one (1) hour, but less than four (4) hours, of his/her workday upon a job providing a higher rate of pay, he/she shall receive four (4) hours’ guarantee at the higher rate; for work in excess of four (4) hours at a higher pay classification, he/she shall receive eight (8) hours’ guarantee at a higher rate."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

22.3 Shifters....

Clean-up$, during peak season.

-Bug-

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Good luck 666!! Id do it but not sure how I'd like the night work.
Feeder driver in my old building would come in and help every morning, it was only a small one belt center though. Would help with some minor things to make the day go smoother for everybody. Nothing too crazy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Absolutely.

Even better;

"When an employee is required to spend more than one (1) hour, but less than four (4) hours, of his/her workday upon a job providing a higher rate of pay, he/she shall receive four (4) hours’ guarantee at the higher rate; for work in excess of four (4) hours at a higher pay classification, he/she shall receive eight (8) hours’ guarantee at a higher rate."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

22.3 Shifters....

Clean-up$, during peak season.

-Bug-
That's not too great for safety....but what do I know? I'm just a package monkey...lol