Important Update on Negotiations!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

20 years ago the mechanics union used to get nearly double what a driver got. But now I think all their raises go into their pension and it’s reduced. They have no early retirement, so they have to work 10-15 years longer. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong.
Not here.
Approximate rates as of 2017...
Retire at 15 yrs in the IAM =s
$3000/mo at 55 yrs of age.

*30 years was about $9500.

*35 years was about $11,250.00

....per month.
What is "early retirement"?
Age, years of service, or both.

F

Frankie's Friend

OK.... company guy.

15gb1xu.jpg
Show the whole thing.

upschuck

I never used the words in the know, FYI! You sound like Wideload, saying that I somehow typed on here that the contract would have amazing language.
Then quit seem like you are in the know. You have stated time after time about certain language, and how it will change. Put up or shut up. You seem like to play the I know something you dont know game. Very childlike.

PS. There are worse people to sound like, namely you.

Tony Q

Then quit seem like you are in the know. You have stated time after time about certain language, and how it will change. Put up or shut up. You seem like to play the I know something you dont know game. Very childlike.

PS. There are worse people to sound like, namely you.
Well then, I am having a hard time deciphering your post, but kind of get the gist. It's, I have to give you everything I've got or I'm an jerk or in your words I need to shut up. I'll settle for being the jerk, and shutting up. I hope you have good day, by the way.

PS Those were your words not mine.

upschuck

Well then, I am having a hard time deciphering your post, but kind of get the gist. It's, I have to give you everything I've got or I'm an jerk or in your words I need to shut up. I'll settle for being the jerk, and shutting up. I hope you have good day, by the way.

PS Those were your words not mine.
What word/sentence you having trouble with?

Nobody wants to know that you "know" something and can't say. That is an attribute of someone with low self esteem, and needs to prop themselves up. Again, it is childish.

Tony Q

What word/sentence you having trouble with?

Nobody wants to know that you "know" something and can't say. That is an attribute of someone with low self esteem, and needs to prop themselves up. Again, it is childish.
Actually I respect your take on that, Good one. What I was talking about was the words you were missing in the post where, you chastising me. Sorry if I offered you, I only was trying to help.

I understand why very few will actually come here and try to give actual good advice or try and point people in the right direction. Thanks for the insight and the therapy session!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not here.
Approximate rates as of 2017...
Retire at 15 yrs in the IAM =s
$3000/mo at 55 yrs of age.

*30 years was about $9500.

*35 years was about $11,250.00

....per month.
What is "early retirement"?
Age, years of service, or both.

Guessing they were very, very good investors! It is strange that their contracts for the most part were monetary contributing the same amount. I personally know of an 48 year full time UPS teamster who will be getting only 2200 a month no matter how many years he works. It shows the disparity in all our pension funds that has been completely ignored or addressed. One of those issues that apparently is too hard or sensitive to touch. I see it as a complete failure on the part of past negotiating committees and a breakdown of collective bargaining agreements, if we all our getting monetary contributions of the same amount, than why are some members getting increases and others are decreasing? Answer that...

upschuck

Actually I respect your take on that, Good one. What I was talking about was the words you were missing in the post where, you chastising me. Sorry if I offered you, I only was trying to help.

I understand why very few will actually come here and try to give actual good advice or try and point people in the right direction. Thanks for the insight and the therapy session!
its_like_the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black._4343032808.gif
is

Guessing they were very, very good investors! It is strange that their contracts for the most part were monetary contributing the same amount. I personally know of an 48 year full time UPS teamster who will be getting only 2200 a month no matter how many years he works. It shows the disparity in all our pension funds that has been completely ignored or addressed. One of those issues that apparently is too hard or sensitive to touch. I see it as a complete failure on the part of past negotiating committees and a breakdown of collective bargaining agreements, if we all our getting monetary contributions of the same amount, than why are some members getting increases and others are decreasing? Answer that...
Because some pension plans are failures

upschuck

I give good advice, and have help many people here on the open forum, and through pm'ing, but you annoy me with your childish behavior. If you know something, spill it, or shut up.

bowhnterdon

Guessing they were very, very good investors! It is strange that their contracts for the most part were monetary contributing the same amount. I personally know of an 48 year full time UPS teamster who will be getting only 2200 a month no matter how many years he works. It shows the disparity in all our pension funds that has been completely ignored or addressed. One of those issues that apparently is too hard or sensitive to touch. I see it as a complete failure on the part of past negotiating committees and a breakdown of collective bargaining agreements, if we all our getting monetary contributions of the same amount, than why are some members getting increases and others are decreasing? Answer that... They won’t answer that, and you would not like the answer if they did..