Important Update on Negotiations!!!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Not mad, just don't like childish behavior from a grown man. BTW, how are you obviously in the know, you've said nothing.
source.gif

Blackstream

I never said that. I love how people put the words in your mouth. I'm very careful with what I type. You can go back and read through it all. I never said that. A lot of the proposals were to give the part times what they DESERVE. Sean was all for this when the initial proposals were gone through. Sean wanted the Part Timers situation fixed. All I said was that the playing field would be leveled out. Other than that, you are up again.

What the part timers deserve and what leveling the playing field means is clearly the key points of what you're saying, but requires knowing what you and Sean believe are the issues that need fixing and what a level playing field means. I know though that since a lot of part timers want more hours and a lot of full timers want less hours, a level playing field in my mind means somehow shifting those hours over. That's one of those things that's easier said than done though. Also I think part timers should have their own top scale, but I'd be shocked if there was a consensus on that, even if it took 5 or even 10 years to hit that top scale.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To be honest with you I feel like you are mad because I am obviously in the know, I can't tell you specifically what I know, and you aren't in the know. I just admitted to something because I get bad I got you so upset. I try and help people just like you, I just try and not get all angry doing so, such as yourself. I think you are probably a great Teamster Brother, but you need to take a deep breath. There will be a lot more to come before this ride is over.

Now, just a few post ago you talked about never saying you were in the know

So, which is it you either are or you aren’t

Not here.
Approximate rates as of 2017...
Retire at 15 yrs in the IAM =s
$3000/mo at 55 yrs of age.

*30 years was about $9500.

*35 years was about $11,250.00

....per month.
What is "early retirement"?
Age, years of service, or both.
How much does ups contribute an hour?

F

Frankie's Friend

All of it. It was reported that it is the same contribution as we full timers get in the CR.

Im not sure but I believe the iam was solvent to the tune of 1.5 mil per member. I know, bug doesn't like "I heard", "it was told to me", or "I believe" but I'm open for rebuttal. Not that I care. They've done well for their members.

542thruNthru

Does anyone else notice that every contract year we seem to get a guy that's in the "know" but can't tell us anything?

It's usually the same thing said everytime. "I can't say anything but trust me you're going to be surprised."

Either way it doesn't matter.

F

Frankie's Friend

Last week a feeder driver in our local but from a different building told me that he wished we'd have given the company the pension in 97.
What garbage.
Everyone on that strike line stayed put because of the proven lack of trust in that Avenue.
I remember well the HMOs, the "Performance based" raises, and the rest of the watered down offerings from the company.
Trust, actually distrust was the glue that stuck us together.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does anyone else notice that every contract year we seem to get a guy that's in the "know" but can't tell us anything?

It's usually the same thing said everytime. "I can't say anything but trust me you're going to be surprised."

Either way it doesn't matter.

The surprise is after you vote yes and then read the fine print. UPS is notorious for interpreting the contract their way

F

Frankie's Friend

The surprise is after you vote yes and then read the fine print. UPS is notorious for interpreting the contract their way
Because they have a union lawyer?

It's been posted that they're recording the negotiations to stop the future augmentation.

Tony Q

At this point I'm just playing with him. You can read from my posts and decide if I'm in the know or not. I don't think you will find me saying I'm in the know. Posters here alluded to it and one was rather rude, so I just indulged him. Regardless of what I know, it is irrelevant.