Important Update on Negotiations!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

No in management will ever pay any cash for the alleged "harassment"..seriously.
20180322_222522.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

The ball got dropped on some things in 2013, I agree. I know people were mad about Teamcare, but I think they will be pleasantly surprised by their enhanced edition.
And the leadership withheld the little issue of going to1 punch a week vs 1 per month....

Changed the 9.5 language meaning to be a calendar week vs the rolling 5 working days without changing the language.

Shall we elaborate further?

F

Frankie's Friend

No in management will ever pay any cash for the alleged "harassment"..seriously.
We just saw the leaked new language.
Art 37:1
"The center manager will forfeit $1000.00 in stock or cash, whichever is greater in value, upon the local or panel decision that a bargaining unit employee is found to be a victim of direct or indirect harassment over any negotiated condition(s) in the CBA in effect at the time of the management's violation(s). This language will apply after and in spite of any other monetary reward allowed by federal entities. The Center Manager will be liable for all supervision under his/her control."

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think the harassment language is garbage. They should scrap it. It should read “all harassment issues will be handled by both parties amongst themselves in the parking lot”.

It's funny you say that.

My Local used to be one of the largest freight locals in the country.

Some old school retirees can tell some stories of how they handled things.

And the leadership withheld the little issue of going to 1 punch a week vs 1 per month....

I don't think they withheld that, they just didn't advertise it.

At least it's better than in freight.... where you have to work 3 days a week.

Changed the 9.5 language meaning to be a calendar week vs the rolling 5 working days without changing the language.

We (in the Central) enjoyed that benefit, but it was never "language" per se.

It was the result of a JAC interp. But, I agree it was a bitter pill to swallow.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

It's funny you say that.

My Local used to be one of the largest freight locals in the country.

Some old school retirees can tell some stories of how they handled things.

I don't think they withheld that, they just didn't advertise it.

At least it's better than in freight.... where you have to work 3 days a week.

It was the result of a JAC interp. But, I agree it was a bitter pill to swallow.

-Bug-
If I need some extra bills paid and my wife tells me I have extra cars but I am reluctant to sell one and dont tell anyone is that vehicle is for sale is it withheld from the market or just not advertised? Am I being honest with my wife?

Corny scenario I know but withholding pertinent info is the same as lying in my book.

I understand why things aren't totally transparent during a contentious cba period but truth will hold the ship together. It seems trust is a casualty at the moment. Just sayin.

F

Frankie's Friend

-Bug-
Past practice? For years?
Until it changed without changing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I need some extra bills paid and my wife tells me I have extra cars but I am reluctant to sell one and dont tell anyone is that vehicle is for sale is it withheld from the market or just not advertised? Am I being honest with my wife?

Corny scenario I know but withholding pertinent info is the same as lying in my book.

I understand why things aren't totally transparent during a contentious cba period but truth will hold the ship together. It seems trust is a casualty at the moment. Just sayin.

I can't disagree with what you are saying.

The problems (on the last contract) coupled with the last IBT election;

Have caused a moment of levity.... for elected Officials.

Sit back and relax.

Things will happen soon enough.

-Bug-

Tony Q

We just saw the leaked new language.
Art 37:1
"The center manager will forfeit $1000.00 in stock or cash, whichever is greater in value, upon the local or panel decision that a bargaining unit employee is found to be a victim of direct or indirect harassment over any negotiated condition(s) in the CBA in effect at the time of the management's violation(s). This language will apply after and in spite of any other monetary reward allowed by federal entities. The Center Manager will be liable for all supervision under his/her control."
You must be on another committee!

Tony Q

Remember they asked the drivers prior to negotiations what is most important?
-Pension.
-Excessive overtime.

Enforceable 9.5 language (with no free first violation) and possible no-grievance payout would be good language. But just as important is no more 60-70 hour weeks during peak. Our whole center was forced to work 69-70 hours for 6 weeks strait. 13+ hours a day week after week. Punching out around 11 P.M. everyday is unsafe and I doubt I could do it again.

Switching from the pension to a 401k match for new hires would be a huge concession. Hopefully progress was made on pensions, not give-backs.
All these will be addressed. I see the part-times in this particular contract actually voting. Once its out there, and with Teamsters United getting so many people involved I think that the turnout will be bigger than ever. I predict a staggering number of voters on this contract. Part-timers will win the day.

I could see Teamsters United playing a big roll in the outcome of this contract eventually passing, but not in the way they envisioned. You got to love the Information Age.

Tony Q

That’s long for “3 times”
Thats what she said!

Seriously this is the language we have to work with as of right now. Remember this. Your guy Sean was the Assistant to the Director of the last contract, so anything you don't like about what you are working under right now you can talk to him about, because he signed, sealed, and delivered it to you. And for the record you were happy with the last one.

bowhnterdon

The ball got dropped on some things in 2013, I agree. I know people were mad about Teamcare, but I think they will be pleasantly surprised by their enhanced edition.
I would love to able to join Teamcare when I retire. My JT council absolutely bends over retirees $580 a month for yourself with benefits cut in half. Add your spouse? $800