Informative video about why the current contract proposal sucks

BlackCat

Making a good wage and not paying for your healthcare should enable you to invest quite a bit of money if you simply live within your means.

With the additional monies added to our healthcare, how come it is still inferior to the company supplied healthcare that we had?

Just to keep it fair
I don’t buy that this guy is a tank and file guy. Wearing a scaly cap, listening to the Murphy’s and having a six pack inexplicably sitting on top of your filing cabinet doesn’t make me think union guy, it makes me think what does management think a union guy looks like. Managers can have tats, too.

Also, we aren’t complaining about the pension or the raise, tho they’re simply the basics we should expect given that we’re in the strongest economy in decades, and we have a strike authoriization. Hell UPS is bragging about record profits to investors and were getting the same raises that were negotiated during the Great Recession!

We want a guarantee that our work isn’t going to cheaper labor. We want harassment protection. We want better 9.5 rules. Considering the economic proposal all i think should be improved is part timers start at $15. By the time they actually get 15 they’ll be needing more!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did Sean extort money from businesses in his local's jurisdiction for personal gain?

Did Sean send gifts from an employer to the GP's executive assistant (who runs the IBT when Hoffa is gone)?

Probably not. Sean's not an angel but he's opposing this bull:censored2:, concessionary contract and I'm behind him 100%.
All great points!!

RealPerson

LOL,
WOW Health and Pension get that much per hour, but both continue to struggle???
So with the increase, I am going to guess my Insurance will go back to $5 or No Co pays? No Deductible? No Max out of pocket???
Some pensions are doing great, some big ones are going broke... Makes me wonder if we should just get those hourly figures added to our checks and do our own retirement and insurance.
If that much is being put into the Health Insurance and the people running it should get a Huge group discount, with all the teamster members... HA
Vote NO

RealPerson

Punishing pre-loaders for a bad scan rate is almost cruel. The equipment is just terrible. Shuts off a lot, has trouble scanning some boxes. Our hub says anything less than 95% is failing

According to the video, now these pre-loaders can be fired for Electronics.....

cachmeifucan

Yes I think he said it used to say employee now it specifies driver can't be fired for electronic. But I know in my building they do want to be able to write you up and fire you for loading missorts so if this passes thats, another angle they will use to get rid of someone they have it out for maybe someone who is outspoken and educates other members encourage others to file grievances and enforce their rights or and Older person who can barely see in the back of a truck because of poor lighting. Just vote no encourage others to vote no

Tony Q

LOL,
WOW Health and Pension get that much per hour, but both continue to struggle???
So with the increase, I am going to guess my Insurance will go back to $5 or No Co pays? No Deductible? No Max out of pocket???
Some pensions are doing great, some big ones are going broke... Makes me wonder if we should just get those hourly figures added to our checks and do our own retirement and insurance.
If that much is being put into the Health Insurance and the people running it should get a Huge group discount, with all the teamster members... HA
Vote NO
The Teamcare is over two years funded. That means there is enough in there to not receive a nickel and it would be solvent. Pensions are a different story.

Tony Q

Did Sean extort money from businesses in his local's jurisdiction for personal gain?

Did Sean send gifts from an employer to the GP's executive assistant (who runs the IBT when Hoffa is gone)?

Probably not. Sean's not an angel but he's opposing this bull:censored2:, concessionary contract and I'm behind him 100%.
He did something much worse and will be a precursor to what he will do as a whole. He won't be able to hide this in the coming months or explain why its not the same everywhere where he negotiated for. Check back with me later.

Tony Q

With the additional monies added to our healthcare, how come it is still inferior to the company supplied healthcare that we had?
Its way better than mine and better than most in our great country. Next time you go to the doctor ask them how it compared to the rest of the patients.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
When its all black and white you will understand. More importantly the Fred Teamster United supporters will see through it. Good luck explaining it.
Not my issue to explain or even care. You think the majority of voters are going to believe in incumbents that turned a blind eye to whatever transgressions happened. Your contract sucks, your negotiator was terrible, even Hoffa will jump ship and retire and your only home is either a guy that nobody has heard of or a guy that is suspended from any Teamster activity for 2 years? Lol. Pawns! Start thinking for yourself Tony.

Tony Q

Not my issue to explain or even care. You think the majority of voters are going to believe in incumbents that turned a blind eye to whatever transgressions happened. Your contract sucks, your negotiator was terrible, even Hoffa will jump ship and retire and your only home is either a guy that nobody has heard of or a guy that is suspended from any Teamster activity for 2 years? Lol. Pawns! Start thinking for yourself Tony.
I'm with Fred, everyone has heard of him. I don't know many who haven't. Your guy did what he did. Fred is clean as can be. Last man standing wins.

CoffeeStainedUniform

... we should just get those hourly figures added to our checks and do our own retirement and insurance.
If that much is being put into the Health Insurance and the people running it should get a Huge group discount, with all the teamster members...

Insurance NEEDS to be done under a group plan, otherwise our brothers who are otherwise uninsurable wouldn't be able to get coverage. A 55 year old woman's insurance plan will be 10X the cost of mine...that's why the average plan costs so much.

Tony Q

Eligible?

Ok, that's it. I'm done. I'm not answering any of your questions.

Btw: the concession stand? Are you quoting @anHOURover to make points now?
FACT FACT and TRIPLE FACT FACT
I don't know if you picked up on the fact that it is me that isn't answering any of your questions or not. If you look at it, I haven't responded to at least the last 30 times you have quoted me. I will gladly except you not responding to me! You can even have the last word.