Insurance was terminated even though I still work for UPS

Sephora19

I've been working at ups for three years. I took a medical leave from Dec. 2016 to May 2017 because of a car accident that resulted in a fractured clavicle. During that time, I received a CoOBRA letter, which basically stated that my insurance was terminated. My insurance was reinstated after I told them that I'd returned to work, which was in May 2017. I haven't taken a leave since then, however, my insurance coverage has been terminated again on 09/30/2018 and I'm not sure why. I haven't been terminated, quit, or taken a LOA. Have any of you experienced this? If so, how was it solved?

IESucks

I've been working at ups for three years. I took a medical leave from Dec. 2016 to May 2017 because of a car accident that resulted in a fractured clavicle. During that time, I received a CoOBRA letter, which basically stated that my insurance was terminated. My insurance was reinstated after I told them that I'd returned to work, which was in May 2017. I haven't taken a leave since then, however, my insurance coverage has been terminated again on 09/30/2018 and I'm not sure why. I haven't been terminated, quit, or taken a LOA. Have any of you experienced this? If so, how was it solved?

Any week you don't punch in or have vacation or other paid time off will result in loss of coverage unless you apply for short term disability with your insurance. (Teamcare ). It resumes the first week you punch in again on any day.

IESucks

Your union will need to contact the pension and healthcare contributions dept at ups to find the week or weeks they didn't contribute to your healthcare which resulted in loss of coverage. Been there done that

Heavy Package

I haven't been terminated, quit, or taken a LOA. Have any of you experienced this? If so, how was it solved?

so-we-fixed-the-glitch.jpg

Sephora19

Your union will need to contact the pension and healthcare contributions dept at ups to find the week or weeks they didn't contribute to your healthcare which resulted in loss of coverage. Been there done that
Okay thanks. I’ll go to my local union office on Monday to talk to them about it.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Also, UPS will not inform you when they stop paying for your healthcare. Mine was discontinued for 1 1/2 months before I knew about it. I could have been using personal days if I had known about it.

born2Bwild

Any week you don't punch in or have vacation or other paid time off will result in loss of coverage unless you apply for short term disability with your insurance. (Teamcare ). It resumes the first week you punch in again on any day.
This can’t be true. If you’re on vacation your are on earned paid time off and that’s different from 5 unpaid days off in a row. We go to doctors during my vacation days all the time and I’m never been denied

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This can’t be true. If you’re on vacation your are on earned paid time off and that’s different from 5 unpaid days off in a row. We go to doctors during my vacation days all the time and I’m never been denied

I think he meant something different than he wrote.

Should have been...

Any week you don't punch in unless on vacation or other paid time off will result in loss of coverage

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've been working at ups for three years. I took a medical leave from Dec. 2016 to May 2017 because of a car accident

In a later post you said that you emailed Teamcare because they were closed at the time. So I assume you are in Teamcare.

Don't take this the wrong way, because there is only one way to take it.

You've been here for 3 years and didn't know to file short term disability through Teamcare?

You would have received disability pay and insurance for the entire time you were off. Although, if this accident was someone else's fault, their insurance may have paid you for lost time.

I received a CoOBRA letter, which basically stated that my insurance was terminated.

You didn't think to call them when you received this letter?

DOK

Next time your off work sign up for FMLA, this way your insurance won’t be dropped.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There is a precursor, before filing for short term disability with TeamCare.

You have to file with Aetna.... it's stated on top of the form.

You are correct.

He apparently didn't file through Aetna either.

My point still stands. A 3 year employee who didn't seem to even bother to ask anyone. A new hire, maybe.

I keep thinking that I've seen everything.....and then.....