Invite

whenIgetthere

I sure hope so. I'm one of the crazy Express couriers that has always taken the Ground packages if they were sitting for a few days and took them to the station. I will always inform the customer though, that their package might not go out that night and there is no way to track it until it gets to the station. Their response....I don't care, please take it. There used to be a statement on the envelope for our paychecks that said, "A satisfied customer made this check possible". Regardless of what FedEx does to us, I still believe that.

We were told recently not to accept any Ground packages, unless they are in a dropbox. SM said no matter how much a customer complains, no Ground on Express trucks. In the past, if a customer put up a big enough fuss, I would take the ground stuff and leave it in the proper place at the station. Not any longer, not with an OLCC in the making for doing so.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I only got 35 hrs this week including taking my last personal day. Looks like only the company is benefitting from my work around here at Express. I've asked my ops mgr if they plan to move us back to 5X8's soon from 4X10's and he just hedges.

If you make $30/hour you made slightly more than me. But I likely worked 50 hours to do it. Thursday I was back at the terminal by 1:30.. a once in a lifetime shift after giving my pickups away to someone I covered 3x the week before.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were told recently not to accept any Ground packages, unless they are in a dropbox. SM said no matter how much a customer complains, no Ground on Express trucks. In the past, if a customer put up a big enough fuss, I would take the ground stuff and leave it in the proper place at the station. Not any longer, not with an OLCC in the making for doing so.

This makes me think of a time I told a manager that I have NO incentive to do a good job. The dumbfounded look on her face was priceless. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Are you a contractor? What I don't understand is why you choose to do that much, if you are a driver, without at least applying at UPS? I've done very heavy rts in the past when Express did it all, but at the time believed I had a pension and better pay coming to me in the future. There's no way I'd do what you are doing for low pay and no benefits. I'd rather be an over the road truck driver. Or get on at UPS. But hats off to you for being willing to work hard.
I drive. I am German. Work Ethic. A good contractor takes care of good drivers.

STFXG

CPC has been fixing the problem for pickups called in incorrectly. It will get a lot better...

What makes you think that?

They've had over 10 years to figure out this problem and it's no better than it was in 2003.

This my real axe to grind with Ground. There is so much confusion with the public and the call center over this and it just gives us Express drivers more headaches and work too. And it pisses off a lot of customers. Fred & co. has taken no real steps in solving the problems associated with this and now it's festered. Hell Ground is too lazy and/or cheap to even have their own dropboxes and they expect Express drivers to handle their packages which is pure BS. And when their revolving staff of drivers screws up a delivery or pickup, guess who hears about it?

And you now think it's gonna get better?

You act like express pick ups don't get called in for ground. Get real.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I drive. I am German. Work Ethic. A good contractor takes care of good drivers.

I have a excellent work ethic. Anyone who know me knows this. I currently work 80-85 hours a week. However, when you have been beat down, time after time, you eventually learn to tamper it at FedEx Express. A good contractor may take care of good drivers, but trust me, FedEx does NOT.

bbsam

Staff member
Pipe dreams buddy. Old Freddy will sink this company before that happens.

Maybe. But the company is alot different than it was 10 years ago. I bet alot of things have happened that you never saw coming. One thing is for sure. Fred has said he'd sink the company before he ever dealt with a union. That was a lon time ago. I don't think he alone could pull that off, but he has positioned himself so he probably won't have to try.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Code82 smells like a major fake. "Get along", "we're all on the same team","no matter what, I work as directed". What a load of crap.

I'm happy you are happy working for half my wage. Just don't expect a hugfest from fellow Ground believers here.

"Ground is good" is straight out of the corporate playbook.