Invite

northbound

Code82 smells like a major fake. "Get along", "we're all on the same team","no matter what, I work as directed". What a load of crap.

I'm happy you are happy working for half my wage. Just don't expect a hugfest from fellow Ground believers here.

"Ground is good" is straight out of the corporate playbook.

I like this have the wage stuff.... Can't believe the company pays the much for 40 stop run guys. What's your hourly $40? $50 an hour? 30? 35 hours a week?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
CPC has been fixing the problem for pickups called in incorrectly. It will get a lot better...

What makes you think that?

They've had over 10 years to figure out this problem and it's no better than it was in 2003.

This my real axe to grind with Ground. There is so much confusion with the public and the call center over this and it just gives us Express drivers more headaches and work too. And it pisses off a lot of customers. Fred & co. has taken no real steps in solving the problems associated with this and now it's festered. Hell Ground is too lazy and/or cheap to even have their own dropboxes and they expect Express drivers to handle their packages which is pure BS. And when their revolving staff of drivers screws up a delivery or pickup, guess who hears about it?

And you now think it's gonna get better?

You act like express pick ups don't get called in for ground. Get real.
You really think I care? How about YOU get real?

vantexan

You can drive for Ground with less headache, find a good contractor.

Nope, need the medical. But it does illustrate that many people, including apparently FedEx Ground drivers, believe Express couriers make big money doing little. Definitely not so, but we are 100% certain that Ground drivers don't make near enough for the amount of work they do.

MAKAVELI

Every day is a crap shoot my friend. Tuesday was 304 pkgs on 95 stops. I have done 300 pkgs on 60 stops. My boss said yesterday I did 46000 pkgs outbound in 2012
i forget the stop count. I have maxed at 180 stops in a retail setting, I have had lower where I call for rescue. But I do our "Fashion Row" and it's nonstop hallways in stripmalls with Hallmark and Bridal Dresses, and 2 huge corporate parks full of computers, toner and the likes.
Sounds like an easy route.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Code82 smells like a major fake. "Get along", "we're all on the same team","no matter what, I work as directed". What a load of crap.

I'm happy you are happy working for half my wage. Just don't expect a hugfest from fellow Ground believers here.

"Ground is good" is straight out of the corporate playbook.

Get in your car. Ride. I'm tired of your BS. Get in your car. I will train you. And yes I will walk you through the airport as our last stop. I offered to pay a day wages. I am not kidding.

purplesky

Any Ground haters wondering what I do every day? Pony up to Milwaukee and ride with me on one of your day offs. I will pay your day's wage to ride and observe. You can call out my bad driving, and tattoo stops. Limit one, first guy in, is in with firm plans. No BS. I walk the walk people.

So what does your great ground owner pay you per week? I am guessing you are a young guy and its easy to work like you do now but in 10 to 15 years you will look back and think WTF!

You will be replaced and shown the door.:wink2: SO SAVE MONEY FOR MEDICAL COSTS, WEAR AND TEAR ON YOUR BODY.

And why in the world would anybody want to come and watch you deliver packages on their dayoff? They can all just close their eyes and see you running like a fool feeling all special and important making money for your wonderful ground owner that pays you nothing for your hard work.:wink2:

HomeDelivery

You can drive for Ground with less headache, find a good contractor.

this ~ a contractor will keep good drivers by paying them slightly better... some of us don't need the bennies because our spouse has better coverage than what a little LLC or Corp can offer. some contractors now offer vacation pay, so that's good too

I was talking to a few IC and some make less than me after expenses:surprised: the only good thing ICs like about their own route/truck/etc. is the flexibility of their own start times & if they need a day off, they have a multi-route contractor w/ backup drivers cover their areas (like me for instance). they can also "flex" stops to a neighboring route if they need to get done early.

HD is even less of a headache since the VRP software & tech has taken care of most of the thinking for you... you still need some common sense as to know gate codes & proper DR, ISR or DSR/ASR procedures, but the routes pretty much runs itself

I covered a nice 110 stop on Saturday in a tight area for once; walked in at 630 load/sort by 0900 & was done by 1500 ($165)

is $750-900 a week that bad? (over $1k a week during peak)

my on-road is about 50 hours a week (but that doesn't include the pre/post trip, load/sort, shuttle to service area/ dead-head back to terminal or straight home)

-----------------------

Ground should have the dog logo because you do work like dogs over there. I actually have a uniform shirt with FedEx Ground on the pocket & a dog logo accidentally placed on the sleeve

I ran into 4 Ground guys in one service area & they said that they can't use the VRP system HD has due to pickup/dropoff deadlines. You guys get done sooner because you have tighter areas to service. Sometimes my mileage on a given day will go past 200 and other days i'm under 50 miles like this past Saturday
--------------------------------------------------

in any company, you'll have good and bad drivers/bosses. at least a few of us have found decent bosses

i know there's a few Express bosses that are decent too ~ but are becoming extinct, like the FT Express courier

Ground/HD is a dead-end job ~ yes, we know that & Express is now sinking to that level too
& from what i'm reading, unionization will be slow to change it ~ if it ever comes w/in our lifetime

Goldilocks

I sure hope so. I'm one of the crazy Express couriers that has always taken the Ground packages if they were sitting for a few days and took them to the station. I will always inform the customer though, that their package might not go out that night and there is no way to track it until it gets to the station. Their response....I don't care, please take it. There used to be a statement on the envelope for our paychecks that said, "A satisfied customer made this check possible". Regardless of what FedEx does to us, I still believe that.

This is the problem. Fedex invest in Football, Racing Cars, Pandas, but has quit investing in the frontline couriers. We are the ones who see these customers everyday. What they in Memphis fail to see is that we the couriers are its Biggest Advertisement. The company started out with this philosophy, taking care of us, with good pay, nice benifits and nice looking uniforms and the promise that if we did a good job and help grow this company, we would be taken care of. As a 28 year employee with Express, I have seen the change with the company investing in everything but us the frontline employee. We are treated like theives and the trash of the company. Slackers that are waisting company money.

I heard our DD say something the other day that really ticked me off. She/He was talking about our 40 year celebration and how the couriers job has changed. She/He continued to mention about couriers back in the day would sleep in the back of their trucks waiting for pups. I dont know what she/he was talking about because when I started I worked my butt off. So tired of hearing this, gossip like this is what has driven Memphis to treat its employees the way it has.

So back to the 'A satisfied customer made this check Possible" Yes, Mr Smith and Memphis, many Great hard working Couriers made these customers happy.

hypo hanna

+1

If I'm worrying whether I can pay the mortgage and take care of my family I am not worrying about the FedEx customer. If I'm berated by my manager for not hitting numbers because I was helping a neighboring route or spending extra time with a customer who needed help, I won't do those things anymore.
If I'm asked to participate in an SFA that has not benefitted me in any way over the past ten years, I won't do it

Cactus

This is the problem. Fedex invest in Football, Racing Cars, Pandas, but has quit investing in the frontline couriers. We are the ones who see these customers everyday. What they in Memphis fail to see is that we the couriers are its Biggest Advertisement. The company started out with this philosophy, taking care of us, with good pay, nice benifits and nice looking uniforms and the promise that if we did a good job and help grow this company, we would be taken care of. As a 28 year employee with Express, I have seen the change with the company investing in everything but us the frontline employee. We are treated like theives and the trash of the company. Slackers that are waisting company money.

So true.

And in the end if we lose a lot of customers due to all this crap, there's nothing that sponsoring of football, racing or pandas is gonna be able to do to bring them back.

Cactus

Fedex invests where it perceive itself getting the best return on the dollar.

Well their perception is way off and your sounding more like Dano everyday.

Like Goldi says the courier is the company's biggest advertisement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like Apple investing so much $ in China for cheap labor. You are China for FedEx.

You keep slamming bbsam for the Ground business model but seem to forget that he was not involved in it's implementation; for all we know, he may be morally opposed to the model on principle alone. However, he is also a smart businessman, and if he is able to get qualified help willing to work for what he is willing to pay then why shouldn't he take advantage of this business opportunity.

You, much like the UPS drivers in the "Do we deserve $32/hr?" thread, seem to have a sense of entitlement but, as was aptly pointed, employees work for what their employer is willing to pay or they look for work elsewhere. If employees of bbsam.inc aren't happy with their compensation they are free to look elsewhere.

The Ground business model makes a lot of sense from a purely business perspective.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I like this have the wage stuff.... Can't believe the company pays the much for 40 stop run guys. What's your hourly $40? $50 an hour? 30? 35 hours a week?[/QUOTE

RFLMAO!!!!! That's the funniest thing I have heard in a loooonnng time. If we made that much money do you think we would be on here bitching and complaining about FedEx? You need better sources of information.

vantexan

...for all we know, he may be morally opposed to the model on principle alone. However, he is also a smart businessman, and if he is able to get qualified help willing to work for what he is willing to pay then why shouldn't he take advantage of this...

​And that, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with the world. We may be morally against something but if it makes you good money well just hold your nose and go for it!

northbound

I like this have the wage stuff.... Can't believe the company pays the much for 40 stop run guys. What's your hourly $40? $50 an hour? 30? 35 hours a week?[/QUOTE

RFLMAO!!!!! That's the funniest thing I have heard in a loooonnng time. If we made that much money do you think we would be on here bitching and complaining about FedEx? You need better sources of information.

I don't think you make that much but that's what I hear on here all the time