H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
giphy.gif
tumblr_lxs3crrESp1qf18uko9_250.gif

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
We have a guy who started at 50 years old. He's 52 now and we had a conversation about how he felt and he said he still feels strong. He thinks he can go to 65. This guys a major workaholic though and a known runner which UPS clearly takes advantage of. In my opinion he has a pretty crappy route with 200+ stops a day, which according to Orion is a 9 hr dispatch. He loves his job and never complains.
Those are the guys that after years just finally snap one day when they give him one more stop than usual and just starts throwing boxes everywhere out of his car to find one misplaced air.

a911scanner

preload for 6 weeks?

Yep. The day I earned Union seniority, I won the bid. Our center is a "no wait to go FT" because of all of the driver opening in our 2 center building.

That was 4 years ago. It's even crazier now. Between our 2 centers in the building, we had a bid sheet posted for PTers to bid a FT Utility driver position. 23 open FT driving spots. 1 person signed up.

old levi's

blank space
If its the same as when I used to take them a dead guy could pass it

It's not the same: so much focus on sleep apnea, and recently the hypertension thresholds were being reconsidered which may evolve into changing the systolic 140 number that has been the benchmark.

teeitupmo

don't listen to people saying you are too old. I am 46yo now unloading trucks and that's all I want to do. I like dishing out the punishment! :-) I can completely dictate when I leave for the day. I work my butt off, to get the work done, so I can leave.

I have a full-time job and work at UPS for the spare change and the full-time benefits.

I am also the one of best unloader at my location with a PPH of 1575. I kick these little 18-25yo punks butts, they whine, complain, take frequent breaks, throw up, give up, quit...etc.. and I am old enough to be there daddy!

So don't listen to anyone, when they tell you are too old at 48.

Steamer

Yep. If you’re not into Drake’s * “music” and Fortnite after work, it’s probably time to log off!
I'm 49 and know every word of Headlines. No joke. I used to have a lawn service and played it. I mow I mow I mow. LOL

I just qualified about 2 months ago. 120-180 clicks under some days. So simple. Just move faster. Now I'm 10 clicks over every day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
don't listen to people saying you are too old. I am 46yo now unloading trucks and that's all I want to do. I like dishing out the punishment! :-) I can completely dictate when I leave for the day. I work my butt off, to get the work done, so I can leave.

I have a full-time job and work at UPS for the spare change and the full-time benefits.

I am also the one of best unloader at my location with a PPH of 1575. I kick these little 18-25yo punks butts, they whine, complain, take frequent breaks, throw up, give up, quit...etc.. and I am old enough to be there daddy!

So don't listen to anyone, when they tell you are too old at 48.

Do you get paid extra for all that

quad decade guy

I walked into work(feeders) the other day with a guy that looked older than me. As we walked and talked: Me: "How long at UPS?" Him: "3 months" Me: "Wow ok, if you don't mind-how old are you?" Him: "63" Me: "How long are you going to work?" Him: "At least 10 more years..." Apparently an oil field refugee. His son is also a feeder driver here. Many many off the street hires here. I truly wonder if layed off, they all realize they could only bump back at the lowest pkg job or two hub jobs(lowest)(the way it is here). For some of these heftier folks, that would be quite a rude surprise(and yes some of them are quite fat....big.)

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
They won't get laid off, by the time we get all the peak stuff delivered, it will be Amazon Prime Week, and then next peak will be starting up again.