Snack

I'm not a seasoned vet like many around here, but I would say it depends entirely upon your center/hub. In my hub, guys are going from part-time unloaders to driving in under a year. In other hubs, you may have to wait 5 years for a chance at a full-time position and then you're only beginning the 4 year pay progression. You could be looking at close to 10 years before you top out.

Maplewood

I'm healthy, active, and would want to work until 67. I'm in the interview process now, and keeping an eye on the strike. Any comments?
You should be fine if you are either in a rural area or already have 25 years into the pension plan for that area, or are maybe lucky enough to live in an area where they hire feeders off the street. If you plan to work past age 55, going into supervisory/management work should be your goal.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
48 years old, is not to old to start.

But, the OP is probably over-estimating his physical ability.

My only question is....

At that age, why is it an option ?

MrBates

I'm healthy, active, and would want to work until 67. I'm in the interview process now, and keeping an eye on the strike. Any comments?

We have a guy who started at 50 years old. He's 52 now and we had a conversation about how he felt and he said he still feels strong. He thinks he can go to 65. This guys a major workaholic though and a known runner which UPS clearly takes advantage of. In my opinion he has a pretty crappy route with 200+ stops a day, which according to Orion is a 9 hr dispatch. He loves his job and never complains.