olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Usually a guy who always wants to scratch and run is an indication that he's trying to impress and go into management, but I asked him and he has no intention. He's just got really good work ethic and he seems to fly straight. Guys who run in his delivery loop love him cause he gets most of the work when we are heavy. Dispatch can get pretty creative adding sections when they know they have a workhorse. There's no way hes going to keep up. I give him one more peak before he starts to work "safer".
sounds old school that had hard times before UPS.

he appreciates this job.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know 3 guys that started driving after 50. But I’ve also worked with over 600 drivers.
Not saying it couldn’t be done but it would be very tough.... but from what I’ve seen in some of the areas I run trailers to are many of the people in the hubs as in their 40’s, and 50’s...these are the people who are actually showing up for work and making an effort while the 20 something’s are the ones being able to keep up with ups’ ridiculous production demands but then they quit after a few months...

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Wow, starting at 48. I just retired at 49. I can't even begin to imagine just starting out now at my age. Of course I have 31 years of UPS abuse in my body, but still. On my way out the door I was wishing new kids at 18 and 19 good luck as I think it's going to be difficult for them to make it to retirement given the conditions at UPS currently. To the OP, I can't say it can or can't be done, all I can do is wish you luck!

Pablo Escobar

I’m 49. Been doing this 26 years. I also couldn’t imagine starting out in this job at 48. Good luck if you do. Anything is possible. Just work hard and see for yourself. You’ll know after a month if you will last

Indecisi0n

DecisiveAnguishedBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif