Is UPS terminating its union contract at the end of the year?

40 and out

...with a signing bonus offered ($500/PT, $1000/FT) to ensure it passes...
Going to have to be a lot more than $500/$1000 bonus to ensure it passes. Part-timers don't vote and full-timers aren't going to screw all past, present, and future full-timers over a measly $1000. What a surprise. You are wrong again!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Going to have to be a lot more than $500/$1000 bonus to ensure it passes. Part-timers don't vote and full-timers aren't going to screw all past, present, and future full-timers over a measly $1000. What a surprise. You are wrong again!

Who said anything about past and present?

I see UPS wanting this, wanting to cap new hires at a certain wage.

Just depends on the Teamsters, whether they will even entertain the idea.

And by the way, it is one of UPS's highest priorities during the coming contract negotiations. The second one is a matching 401K instead of a defined pension for new hires.

And before you tell me that I am wrong, it came straight from the mouth of Ken H over 6 months ago.

40 and out

Who said anything about past and present?

I see UPS wanting this, wanting to cap new hires at a certain wage.

Just depends on the Teamsters, whether they will even entertain the idea.

And by the way, it is one of UPS's highest priorities during the coming contract negotiations. The second one is a matching 401K instead of a defined pension for new hires.

And before you tell me that I am wrong, it came straight from the mouth of Ken H over 6 months ago.
A lower wage for new full time would give UPS a huge incentive to get rid of present employees. Wish we would have had a matching 401k instead of a pension all along. I'd be retired in great shape by now if that was the case. Our pension hasn't increased in 20 years. Getting to the point where it's almost insignificant. Worth less than half what it was 20 years ago.

oldupsman

Sure they will. The young full timers won't even think twice about it.
And the part timers will vote just for the $500.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
...with a signing bonus offered ($500/PT, $1000/FT) to ensure it passes...
I have been here for 25 years and have never seen a bonus offered for any contract....you are about as bad as fake news...stop with the disinformation....then you have to throw in dollar amounts on top of it???? Really 500 dollars???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A reporter for Feeder News Network is reporting the company wanted to offer starting pay of $24-$25/ hour, no progression, only yearly raises in the area of $.50 an hour no cap on hourly rate, those currently in progression now would be red circled until the raises caught up to them.

Those already full scale would get yearly raises effectively creating a two tiered system. Can you imagine the animosity between new and older drivers having that much of a gap
Feeder news network isn't as accurate as it was years ago... It's just fake news now, almost as bad as Fox News...I wouldn't trust the FNN and I am in feeder!!

PT Car Washer

I have been here for 25 years and have never seen a bonus offered for any contract....you are about as bad as fake news...stop with the disinformation....then you have to throw in dollar amounts on top of it???? Really 500 dollars???
I remember when we used to get a signing bonus of $500 PT and $1000 FT. I think it lasted for two contracts. 1980's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what I thought... Just curious why upstate is bringing up bonuses when they haven't been an issue for 30 years???

There has been no need for the company to "sweeten the pot" since the 1980's. Trying to get a two tiered wage system for new FT hires in place may need a bit of financial persuasion.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There has been no need for the company to "sweeten the pot" since the 1980's. Trying to get a two tiered wage system for new FT hires in place may need a bit of financial persuasion.
They aren't going to sweeten nobody's pot and the union will never allow a two tier wage...ups is already enjoying 3 or 4 different driver wage progressions and every contract 2 tier wages are brought up...and nothing happens.... This will be the case for this contract also.