Just like 97' all over again!

Heavy Package

I'm ready for a strike. I don't want one but damn, guys! WHEN WILL UPS MANAGEMENT GET IT? Your employees are demanding a change! Airline mechanics, airline dispatchers, PT wages, harassment, dispatch out of control, etc.!

It's go time in 4 months... friend* it.

UPS_Strike_1997_AP_MI.jpg

Johney

If a strike did happen, does the company immediately turn off Teamcare payments?

Teamcare and pensions.

Last time, since it was union hc, we were still covered. Results may vary.

You work this quarter for coverage next quarter.

If we don't work a full wk your hc is mia for that week on teamcare (minus the team).
CS covered us for the full strike in 97, not sure what would happen now, not that I'm worried about it.

purehavanne

If we did strike, the new gig economy would make it incredibly easy to earn outside of UPS. Maybe not top rate money but uber, postmates, upwork.com and tons others make it easy to make money without getting a second job.
I’m willing to miss 3-4 paychecks to prove a point that we are humans not machines. Hell, I’d up 4 checks just to see the chaos in my center when the scabs bring back 150 stops every day.

F

Frankie's Friend

It seems like the union paid for it in ‘97

Can’t remember for sure
No one saw that coming so since we worked past 07/31/97 into August a few days i presumed my healthcare was good for the month with 1 punch in Aug.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If we did strike, the new gig economy would make it incredibly easy to earn outside of UPS. Maybe not top rate money but uber, postmates, upwork.com and tons others make it easy to make money without getting a second job.
I’m willing to miss 3-4 paychecks to prove a point that we are humans not machines. Hell, I’d up 4 checks just to see the chaos in my center when the scabs bring back 150 stops every day.
I guess you are looking forward to getting paid what you are really worth?
Assuming you are a driver.