Just like 97' all over again!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I guess you are looking forward to getting paid what you are really worth?
Assuming you are a driver.

All due respect, and I do mean that , you don’t have a clue as to what we are dealing with today. I clocked out at 9 pm on April 13th Not December 13th. April 13th. With a dispatch heavier than I would go out with on December 13th. With a helper..., much respect but you are out of your element man.
7BA8E639-B29C-4079-B909-EDAAD60C3DD7.gif

A

Article 3

I'm ready for a strike. I don't want one but damn, guys! WHEN WILL UPS MANAGEMENT GET IT? Your employees are demanding a change! Airline mechanics, airline dispatchers, PT wages, harassment, dispatch out of control, etc.!

It's go time in 4 months... friend* it.

UPS_Strike_1997_AP_MI.jpg
If all the children aka members would file grievances throughout the year we would fix a lot of this abuse before the CBA expired.

The company thinks we are weak because we act weak. Quit putting all your hope in the IBT fixing your issues when you don't even file and see it through when the existing contract is violated.

Yes i know some BAs suck. But there are NLRB charges available for that problem even if it just shows them you're not going to put up with their garbage.

If you pay dues you need to grow up and put them to use every day you work. Otherwise shut up about the weak union. You are part of the problem.

Heavy Package

If all the children aka members would file grievances throughout the year we would fix a lot of this abuse before the CBA expired.

Yeah, Riiiiiiiight. Tell that to the airline mechanics and airline dispatchers then? 4 years w/o a contract and you think it's the Union's members fault for being weak? No, Sherlock, it's UPS's constant harassment and unfair tactics. They play like it's 2009 all over again. It's not.

They spend BILLIONS on technology that in many regards is crapola and won't put a fair number of routes in to lessen the burden to us doing the work?

The above post, in many areas of the country, is correct. 9pm dispatch on April 13th. What a joke. My Friday dispatch this week was a 7:30pm BEFORE they gave me 90 minutes of additional pick-ups off a driver with, you guessed it, a 9pm+ dispatch.

The trucks are filled to the brim because of some impossible metric some :censored2: who sits behind a computer has to hit. It is a nearly impossible day-day workload and burden that no rational employee would tolerate.

I'm ready to see what this contract offers and ready to stand together not primarily for the pay and benefits this time around, but for better working conditions and protections. Enough already!

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, Riiiiiiiight. Tell that to the airline mechanics and airline dispatchers then? 4 years w/o a contract and you think it's the Union's members fault for being weak? No, Sherlock, it's UPS's constant harassment and unfair tactics. They play like it's 2009 all over again. It's not.

They spend BILLIONS on technology that in many regards is crapola and won't put a fair number of routes in to lessen the burden to us doing the work?

The above post, in many areas of the country, is correct. 9pm dispatch on April 13th. What a joke. My Friday dispatch this week was a 7:30pm BEFORE they gave me 90 minutes of additional pick-ups off a driver with, you guessed it, a 9pm+ dispatch.

The trucks are filled to the brim because of some impossible metric some :censored2: who sits behind a computer has to hit. It is a nearly impossible day-day workload and burden that no rational employee would tolerate.

I'm ready to see what this contract offers and ready to stand together not primarily for the pay and benefits this time around, but for better working conditions and protections. Enough already!
Dude, considering the employee ratio to grievance submittal i would say that you are wrong.
The airline issue is not apples to apples. Wheres the long 9.5 lists? Wheres all the supes working grievances given the chronic abuse of that issue and wheres the harassment grievances?
Per capita, its weak. We see it here. Everyone gripes, runs like fools, and starts it all over again the next 5 day cycle...instead of working at a fair pace and grieving the 9.5 issue.
Who is calling for Teamster help with ov70s? Few, if any.
Its weak dude. The company already knows it and acts accordingly. Your "facts" dont equate the lack of grievances on even your chosen subjects. Sorry dude. I agree with your rendition of the abuses but the response per capita is weak.

F

Frankie's Friend

You keep on the case, Sherlock.

detective-sherlock-holmes-investigate-with-magnifying-glass-picture-id177136697
All your crying doesnt change anything.
They tried that abusive dispatch here and 20% of the drivers got on the 9.5 list the first 8 weeks.
After being violated again the affected drivers filed for the penalty.
The company requested and advanced 6 more pters into driving plus an off the street hire that year.
Im not saying there isnt abuse, you are possibly misreading the post. I am saying that when members do more than cry about abusive dispatch and other violations, when they file grievances the first time it occurs, at that point the company curbs the abuse. At least here they do.
Proof is we have only 1 driver that was eligible to be on the 9.5 list now and he's off at about 17:30 every day.
Throw your jabs. We know the system works. You just gotta put the kleenex box down and use the tools available.
Btw: you on the list? Just wondering.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS Logistics is already working on consolidation plans to get packages to their final hub destination.
The Logistics play did not exist in ‘97.

To this day UPS can't get air to the centers on time when things are normal. Why pray tell would you assume they could get everything moved in a timely manner if there is a strike? Put the pipe down Jingles. It will be a cluster friend for them just like in the past two strikes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To this day UPS can't get air to the centers on time when things are normal. Why pray tell would you assume they could get everything moved in a timely manor if there is a strike? Put the pipe down Jingles

Manor—-overpriced big building on a hill.

Manner—-way in which things get done.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
To this day UPS can't get air to the centers on time when things are normal. Why pray tell would you assume they could get everything moved in a timely manner if there is a strike? Put the pipe down Jingles. It will be a cluster friend for them just like in the past two strikes.
You assumed timely was part of the equation. I don’t.

rod

Retired 22 years
You assumed timely was part of the equation. I don’t.

They might have a plan but it would fall apart in one day----Have to seen how their plans work now days?( I always thought logistics had something to do with being organized and getting stuff from point A to B in a timely manner).

Heavy Package

All your crying doesnt change anything.
They tried that abusive dispatch here and 20% of the drivers got on the 9.5 list the first 8 weeks.

You make some good points. No one is crying here - But these are actual facts in many parts of the country at UPS.

1. 9.5 list employees constantly harassed. Just this week ORS talking with one trying to get his time allowance down by 5 friend* minutes
2. Employees receiving DIAD messages and having to respond back when they are using the bathroom to adjust for time
3. UPS in some areas just paying the grievances and still not making the required changes toward resolving the issues
4. Constant and rampant understaffing / cut hours of hub employees
5. UPS just adding stops per car and adjusting time allowances for any new rollout or procedure (CIR / Access Point / Locker) with no employee input
6. 70-hr work weeks for peak 2017 with no approval or input from the Union
7. PVD's for peak 2017 with no approval or input from the Union
8. Failure of UPS to ratify labor contracts in (2) other airline ops Unions

Any one of us reading these forums who works for UPS can go on and on with their own harassment stories which are unbelievable from anyone working at another major Fortune 100 employer.

Again - For many of us the choice this contract will be a difficult one for this reason: The working conditions are at a breaking point. Money for FT drivers is no longer the #1 issue based on my discussions with other drivers. We are sick of being handed a massive turd each day and told how horrible we are when we try and make the best of the situation. It just doesn't need to be this bad to go out on a normal, hard day's worth of work and be told to eat sh:censored3: by the management team who supposedly we report to.

BUG

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
They might have a plan but it would fall apart in one day----Have to seen how their plans work now days?( I always thought logistics had something to do with being organized and getting stuff from point A to B in a timely manner).
How the :censored2: would you know?
How long you been retired?
You get all your information from the retired peckerless breakfasts! :sad-little::p

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You make some good points. No one is crying here - But these are actual facts in many parts of the country at UPS.

1. 9.5 list employees constantly harassed. Just this week ORS talking with one trying to get his time allowance down by 5 friend* minutes
2. Employees receiving DIAD messages and having to respond back when they are using the bathroom to adjust for time
3. UPS in some areas just paying the grievances and still not making the required changes toward resolving the issues
5. UPS just adding stops per car and adjusting time allowances for any new rollout or procedure (CIR / Access Point / Locker) with no employee input

Any one of us reading these forums who works for UPS can go on and on with their own harassment stories which are unbelievable from anyone working at another major Fortune 100 employer.

Again - For many of us the choice this contract will be a difficult one for this reason: The working conditions are at a breaking point. Money for FT drivers is no longer the #1 issue based on my discussions with other drivers. We are sick of being handed a massive turd each day and told how horrible we are when we try and make the best of the situation. It just doesn't need to be this bad to go out on a normal, hard day's worth of work and be told to eat sh:censored3: by the management team who supposedly we report to.

BUG
BUG???????????????????

rod

Retired 22 years
How the :censored2: would you know?
How long you been retired?
You get all your information from the retired peckerless breakfasts! :sad-little::p

After 30 years a person gets to know how UPS operates. They never change. P.S. a couple of peckerless retirees (actually one is a gal so she is truly peckerless-I think) retired not long ago and she tells me things have got worse.

F

Frankie's Friend

BUG
I will post it again, people need to file. The majority is not.
We didnt have PVDs, no 70 hr work week imposed, and no one got infractions for refusing to work on saturdays.
Sorry you are going thru the things we arent.
Our members file often and see it thru.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After 30 years a person gets to know how UPS operates. They never change. P.S. a couple of peckerless retirees (actually one is a gal so she is truly peckerless-I think) retired not long ago and she tells me things have got worse.
Definitely worse for all employees!
There is no doubt about that.
At least the Union employees keep getting raises.