Just like 97' all over again!

Dr.Brownz

we’ve been infiltrating illegal immigrants and chinese coolies into the country for years now

when the pre-arranged signal goes up, we’ll roll out our super-scabs, decker in ill fitting (but cheap) uniforms, driving automatics, with full ORION optimization and mapping, at $15/hr

Trump helped us organize the final steps in 2016, with the assistance of the Russian embassy

Have fun delivering this August! Gonna be a nice summer vacation for me!

Dr.Brownz

I swear that with this new 4 year prog, they waited till 3 years before the contract to end before they did a hiring wave here, now all these newbs are worried they won't make it to top rate. Management already spreading lies and urging a yes vote on the contract.

:censored2: THAT VOTE NO

VOTE NO ON ALL CONTRACTS
:censored2: UPS TILL THEIR :censored2: BLEED

Last edited by a moderator:

Box Ox

I swear that with this new 4 year prog, they waited till 3 years before the contract to end before they did a hiring wave here, now all these newbs are worried they won't make it to top rate.

Your progression to top rate is based upon the contract that was in place when you went full time.

Heavy Package

We didnt have PVDs, no 70 hr work week imposed, and no one got infractions for refusing to work on saturdays.

Wow - We found it! The one UPS utopia center in all of America! UPS is just a great place to work with happy and caring employees.

i-ll-take-rainbows-and-unicorns-single-funny-drinks-coaster-hb--10647-p.jpg

Box Ox

Wow - We found it! The one UPS utopia center in all of America! UPS is just a great place to work with happy and caring employees.

Whoa whoa whoa! Can we really declare the existence of a second BOG based upon those 3 factors alone? I’d like the same kind of consistent and free-flowing evidence of true paradise like that which we’ve received from upstate NY.

F

Frankie's Friend

Whoa whoa whoa! Can we really declare the existence of a second BOG based upon those 3 factors alone? I’d like the same kind of consistent and free-flowing evidence of true paradise like that which we’ve received from upstate NY.
Its not paradise. Our present management is not abusive and the center manager is a pretty good guy. We've had worse. But the management group we have is young and respectful. The only weak link is the PDS who is very young and ignorant.
We've paid our dues. But it's paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:

watdaflock?

Most locals spent alot of money to send reps to be on hand for bargaining.
Funniest gosh darn thing I've ever read on browncafe!
Locals use employees dues to send reps on free vacations. Why do you think they bargain in Florida.....? ffs. If it wasn't a sham, UPS and the Union would meet a more centralized location, like Indianapolis, Lexington or Louisville.

Why is the Union demanding 10k new FT jobs? More $$$ for them, not UPS.
So stupid! UPS doesn't need 10k new jobs, just like the Union should not be for-profit. If the union gets all of those new jobs, does that mean my union dues will go down.....?

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Funniest gosh darn thing I've ever read on browncafe!
Locals use employees dues to send reps on free vacations. Why do you think they bargain in Florida.....? ffs. If it wasn't a sham, UPS and the Union would meet a more centralized location, like Indianapolis, Lexington or Louisville.

Why is the Union demanding 10k new FT jobs? More $$$ for them, not UPS.
So stupid! UPS doesn't need 10k new jobs, just like the Union should not be for-profit. If the union gets all of those new jobs, does that mean my union dues will go down.....?
Florida. Hawaii. Ireland (oops).
It's all about the members bro.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't think people take into consideration how many would cross after just a short time striking giving them a trained work force. I wouldn't mind you, but like I've said before I seen far too many young drivers living way beyond their means and would fold in a short time. Don't think for a second UPS isn't looking at that aspect of it.
I can already tell which drivers would cross at my center if we did strike. If they did cross they wouldn't have tires to drive to work the next day.

I couldn't imagine being a scab after the strike. I would guess none of them would last very long when it's all said and done.

rod

Retired 22 years
I get 6 weeks vacation pay May 4!!

I then follow that up with one paid day, two personal and two sick days on May 11.

(After that I am at the mercy of the Teamsters to deposit my first pension check in a timely manner.)

So May 11 is the actual day you disappear? I thought it was May 7th. Damn--can't you just move on.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I can already tell which drivers would cross at my center if we did strike. If they did cross they wouldn't have tires to drive to work the next day.

I couldn't imagine being a scab after the strike. I would guess none of them would last very long when it's all said and done.
Most of them are real men and not some pusillanimous Teamster sheeple.