"Last, Best, and Final" offer sent to Local 89

Anonymous 12

Non active member

Just because you don't want to strike it doesn't mean others don't. Why didn't you ever submit your application to join management? You're nothing but a company man. People like you baffle me.
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I'm in the process of finding inner peace so what you say has no relevance to me I hope you find what you are looking for.

stink219

Just because you don't want to strike it doesn't mean others don't. Why didn't you ever submit your application to join management? You're nothing but a company man. People like you baffle me.
Why? I know common sense isn't in your capacity, but sending people down the river when there is no need to is irresponsible at best. But then again, I realized who I was posting to.

Every excuse I ever heard made perfect sense to the person who made it.

Satuirus2000

UPS has invested far too much to ever abandon their position in the Louisville based Worldport facility.
Even if it were their intention, there is no way such a drastic move could be made in time to wiggle out of the mess that is the Local 89 supplement.
We call on that bluff.

I don't know why some people keep saying that UPS is gonna abandon or divert volume from Worldport. If they were going to do that they would first need to stop expanding the place and investing so much money into it. Our parking lot is getting shut down in a few years for goodness sake to make room for additional and longer runways. Odd plan for a company looking to shut it down or whatever in the future. Worldport isn't some small hub. It's freaking huge.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Why? I know common sense isn't in your capacity, but sending people down the river when there is no need to is irresponsible at best. But then again, I realized who I was posting to.

Every excuse I ever heard made perfect sense to the person who made it.
I hope all our brothers and sisters in local 804 get their job back. Don't feed the troll though. They feed off the hate. Tdu sucks.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Yes, 407 lets give up and give in. You cant be serious? Did you read Jimmy Hoffa's letter to the Democratic party and how it affects non-profit plans like Central States? Why are you so anxious to continue to be in a plan that wont be sustainable unless legislation is passed to protect non-profit plans? Hoffa's words not mine. The Republicans will never support any legislation that protects Unions from the Affordable Care Act. I beg of you, please do a little research before you look through your rose colored glasses.
What?

Last edited:

Anonymous 12

Non active member
UPS has invested far too much to ever abandon their position in the Louisville based Worldport facility.
Even if it were their intention, there is no way such a drastic move could be made in time to wiggle out of the mess that is the Local 89 supplement.
We call on that bluff.
Okay. That's what you think and I think what I think. We'll see who is right in time. There is no better judge that history.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Friendly reminder:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't know why some people keep saying that UPS is gonna abandon or divert volume from Worldport. If they were going to do that they would first need to stop expanding the place and investing so much money into it. Our parking lot is getting shut down in a few years for goodness sake to make room for additional and longer runways. Odd plan for a company looking to shut it down or whatever in the future. Worldport isn't some small hub. It's freaking huge.
Abandon, no way. Divert.... only time will tell.
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2013/09/19/ups-planning-expansion-at-memphis.html
“At this point, we’re not in a position to go into specifics beyond what you’ve already reported,”: Mike Mangeot, UPS Airlines Public Relations Manager, said. “Broadly speaking, however, I can tell you that UPS is pleased to be growing in the Memphis market, and we thank the airport authority for working with us on this project."

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Abandon, no way. Divert.... only time will tell.
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2013/09/19/ups-planning-expansion-at-memphis.html
“At this point, we’re not in a position to go into specifics beyond what you’ve already reported,”: Mike Mangeot, UPS Airlines Public Relations Manager, said. “Broadly speaking, however, I can tell you that UPS is pleased to be growing in the Memphis market, and we thank the airport authority for working with us on this project."
Yea in a couple years I'll still say I told you so. I can wait. I don't need to be right right now. I can wait it out. I'm a very patient person. I hope I'm wrong don't get me wrong but we'll see.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Friendly reminder:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms
Cheryl in your opinion am I doing good in abiding by this now? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying.