Leaving the company and then returning: Seniority?

dezguy

That's what I thought. "The People Company" strikes again.
Not that I like defending FedEx but should that not be the way it should be?

If someone quits, why should they be allowed to keep seniority/pay, should they decide they don't like their choice and choose to go back to FedEx?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not that I like defending FedEx but should that not be the way it should be?

If someone quits, why should they be allowed to keep seniority/pay, should they decide they don't like their choice and choose to go back to FedEx?
I think if they change their mind within a certain period of time, they should be able to go back to where they were. Not like a year or so, but a reasonable amount of time. JMO.

Oldfart

I think if they change their mind within a certain period of time, they should be able to go back to where they were. Not like a year or so, but a reasonable amount of time. JMO.
They should have their mind made up when they leave the company. You leave, you start over like a new hire. 2 weeks or 2 years. Does not matter.

vantexan

They should have their mind made up when they leave the company. You leave, you start over like a new hire. 2 weeks or 2 years. Does not matter.
Imagine an area where topped out swing drivers were driving 250 miles roundtrip just going to and from plus around 170 miles a day on rt. This had gone on for 6+ months with tons of OT and 14 hrs rule violations because they couldn't find a qualified applicant. A former courier tells them he'll move there at his own expense, but really needs his old pay back. Mgrs tell him not possible, also tell him how desperate they are. Former employee decides to take it because he's desperate, then finds out company policy would've let him have former percentage of range back in a situation like that, but he signed offer letter 3 days before so too bad, must take starting pay. He helped them, they screwed him. That's your beloved company in action. They screwed 10's of thousands of couriers and you can't admit it.

outtatime

Imagine an area where topped out swing drivers were driving 250 miles roundtrip just going to and from plus around 170 miles a day on rt. This had gone on for 6+ months with tons of OT and 14 hrs rule violations because they couldn't find a qualified applicant. A former courier tells them he'll move there at his own expense, but really needs his old pay back. Mgrs tell him not possible, also tell him how desperate they are. Former employee decides to take it because he's desperate, then finds out company policy would've let him have former percentage of range back in a situation like that, but he signed offer letter 3 days before so too bad, must take starting pay. He helped them, they screwed him. That's your beloved company in action. They screwed 10's of thousands of couriers and you can't admit it.
This tired old story again? You got taken for a sucker, get over it.

vantexan

This tired old story again? You got taken for a sucker, get over it.
Sorry I can't keep you entertained with fresh stories. Trying to get through Oldfart's skull that the company he's so happy with did a lot of people wrong. He doesn't want to acknowledge that.

vantexan

!0's of thousands? Sounds like YOU were a BAD APPLE and were made an example of. When you are a bad employee, bad things seem to come your way.
I was tops in productivity in almost every place I worked. I was constantly asked to work days off and almost always did. I constantly helped others. That place that I described above? Senior mgr, who was a very good man, told me that it had been a blessing to have me out there. Ops mgr called me twice after I left to ask me to reconsider and come back. What about what he did with my pay was my fault? How was I a bad apple? How were 10's of thousands who got screwed on their pay and pension bad apples? It worked out for you, not for a lot of us.

Oldfart

I was tops in productivity in almost every place I worked. I was constantly asked to work days off and almost always did. I constantly helped others. That place that I described above? Senior mgr, who was a very good man, told me that it had been a blessing to have me out there. Ops mgr called me twice after I left to ask me to reconsider and come back. What about what he did with my pay was my fault? How was I a bad apple? How were 10's of thousands who got screwed on their pay and pension bad apples? It worked out for you, not for a lot of us.
YOU always have these amazing bad stories that happened to you and then brag how you were this great employee. If you were such an amazing employee, Why did they always screw with you? Could it be you were a BAD employee and managers got back at you because of it? You claim your stories affected 10's of thousand employees. That is a lot of people. I doubt we have 10's of thousand employees that had the exact sad stories that you have happen to all of them. Then again, we don't have 10's of thousands of employees as bad as you most likely were. I have seen many employees get messed with by managers and dispatchers. Rarely have I seen it happen to an employee that was worth a darn. It happens but usually to sorry asz workers.

vantexan

YOU always have these amazing bad stories that happened to you and then brag how you were this great employee. If you were such an amazing employee, Why did they always screw with you? Could it be you were a BAD employee and managers got back at you because of it? You claim your stories affected 10's of thousand employees. That is a lot of people. I doubt we have 10's of thousand employees that had the exact sad stories that you have happen to all of them. Then again, we don't have 10's of thousands of employees as bad as you most likely were. I have seen many employees get messed with by managers and dispatchers. Rarely have I seen it happen to an employee that was worth a darn. It happens but usually to sorry asz workers.
Much of the screwing was lying to me on the phone about hours and duties before I transferred in. I guess it's ok to have someone spend $1300 to move somewhere then find out instead of a morning rt it was a midday rt working reload every night? I came to learn the hard way that you can't trust a mgr to be honest when he has a rt to fill. I learned that FT rts are posted nationally because locals won't touch them and mgrs would rather lure some unsuspecting courier in than do the work of reconfiguring the rt. They didn't mess with me about how I did my job because I did right by them. And yes, you may have been with FedEx longer but I have a lot more experience in many different kinds of situations. So I know what I'm talking about. Do you? I had 6 different rts get broken up after I transferred out but they made me work like a dog because I could handle them. And work for far less than you were getting. That rt in AZ? I was routinely out past 2300, sometimes midnight. Once during peak off at 0230. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt but still have to put up with jerks that always attack the courier and think the company walks on water. This company is money first, not people, and will run over anyone to get more profit.

Oldfart

Much of the screwing was lying to me on the phone about hours and duties before I transferred in. I guess it's ok to have someone spend $1300 to move somewhere then find out instead of a morning rt it was a midday rt working reload every night? I came to learn the hard way that you can't trust a mgr to be honest when he has a rt to fill. I learned that FT rts are posted nationally because locals won't touch them and mgrs would rather lure some unsuspecting courier in than do the work of reconfiguring the rt. They didn't mess with me about how I did my job because I did right by them. And yes, you may have been with FedEx longer but I have a lot more experience in many different kinds of situations. So I know what I'm talking about. Do you? I had 6 different rts get broken up after I transferred out but they made me work like a dog because I could handle them. And work for far less than you were getting. That rt in AZ? I was routinely out past 2300, sometimes midnight. Once during peak off at 0230. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt but still have to put up with jerks that always attack the courier and think the company walks on water. This company is money first, not people, and will run over anyone to get more profit.

My BS detector batteries just ran low and I need another tissue to wipe my tears

bacha29

Yes Van you're experiences with X are in some ways are similar to what ground contractors have experienced. Nothing they do say or even put in writing can be deemed trustworthy or believable . The only credible TM's we had no longer work for the company. Pay no mind to what Oldfart says.He spent his entire working lifetime cradled safe and warm in the loving arms of Fat Freddy. And as a result he believes that everyone has had the same experience. You know the "People Company" . That's why he always goes nuts anytime somebody talks about their experiences with the real world Fedex. A clear testament to his lack of emotional maturation,

Meat

!0's of thousands? Sounds like YOU were a BAD APPLE and were made an example of. When you are a bad employee, bad things seem to come your way.

I guarantee you that Van is one of those employees that just can't keep their mouth shut, and those types inevitably draw the ire of management, regardless of the job they do.