Leaving the company and then returning: Seniority?

Meat

Tell the truth. You're actually management aren't you? You know way too much about this company.

Actually, I'm an electrical engineer who moonlights as a standup comic. I'm in deep with a loan shark, as I have issues with betting on the NFL. Hey, Van is right - revealing gratuitous facts about your life on a message board is great fun!

BootsOnTarmac

Tell the truth. You're actually management aren't you? You know way too much about this company.

Most likely just a twenty something living off the parental teat. Probably a handler at Express paying attention at meetings. Might be going for the tuition reimbursement (good!) and getting info from a relative who also works at Express.

vantexan

"Heated discussion" vs. "shouting match" - it's a matter of semantics. The MD's job is the same as yours: follow orders (and read the mass-produced power point during the meeting you attended). All you did was make yourself a target and waste the time of the other employees in attendance.
I look at how you twist words in your two posts and think what a troll you are, trying to get a rise out of me. How did it adversely affect my career? I was getting the same 2 and 3% raises everyone else was. My point was topped out couriers getting 3%, especially when we got 2%, gave them significantly higher raises which put us further behind, not catching them. And again, not knocking topped out couriers, we just wanted to be rewarded for our hard work too. Those mgrs I complained to had no trouble asking me to work days off. Best year I ever had as a courier I worked as much OT as I could get and grossed $48k. Topped out couriers working similar hours were making $65k+. Plenty of topped out couriers were fine working 40 a week and still made more than me while not killing themselves. You want to make it easy for management to take advantage without any hassles. I suppose all those couriers who quit shortly after getting hired shouldn't have expressed that there was no way they were going to hump the rest of their lives for that little of pay? I put in almost 29 years, worked really hard, heck even volunteered to unload containers almost 4 years in my late 40's. I earned the right to express anger over how we were done. What have you earned in your precocious 17 years(yeah right)?

Meat

How did it adversely affect my career?

Are you kidding me? You have to be the least self aware person I have ever come across.
How did it adversely affect your career? You've spent a decade telling the good folks at the BC just how it affected your career!

Best year I ever had as a courier I worked as much OT as I could get and grossed $48k

Well, that's what happens when you quit your job repeatedly; you have to start at the bottom, duh.

You want to make it easy for management to take advantage without any hassles

Wrong, wrong, wrong - my main goal is to help those that seem politically confused (e.g. you) - the current state of labor is a direct result of the pro-business, anti-regulations/taxes ideology that you ironically (and absurdly) espouse.

Last edited:

vantexan

Are you kidding me? You have to be the least self aware person I have ever come across.
How did it adversely affect your career? You've spent a decade telling the good folks at the BC just how it affected your career!

Well, that's what happens when you quit your job repeatedly; you have to start at the bottom, duh.

Wrong, wrong, wrong - my main goal is to help those that seem politically confused (e.g. you) - the current state of labor is a direct result of the pro-business, anti-regulations/taxes ideology that you ironically (and absurdly) espouse.
While I wished I hadn't quit after 11 years the second time around was almost 15 years. I was experiencing the same thing other couriers with considerable time in were. My speaking out didn't affect that at all. I guess what they did is ok in your book but judging by your comprehension you may not understand the book. The current state of labor has been most affected by the recent administration, not the current one. You're a troll, and you're determined to get at me because you're a leftist too. Again, what have you actually earned in your life? Or have the parents given you everything?

Meat

I guess what they did is ok in your book but judging by your comprehension you may not understand the book

Yeah, I really seem to struggle in that department. After your masterful retort I don't think I will ever be confident enough to post on the BC again - Meat. Out.

!Retired!

I'm just replying to someone who took a shot at me. But apparently you're saying if wronged we should just take it.
Nope, you have options. You can complain and hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt or you can leave for 'greener' pastures. I've seen quite a few people leave and then come back. I never asked why they came back (not my business). I'll bet they thought they had it bad, went else where to work and then realized it's not as bad as they thought.

vantexan

Nope, you have options. You can complain and hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt or you can leave for 'greener' pastures. I've seen quite a few people leave and then come back. I never asked why they came back (not my business). I'll bet they thought they had it bad, went else where to work and then realized it's not as bad as they thought.
Besides FedEx I've been in the Air Force, worked in a supermarket, thrown newspapers, worked overnight in a convenience store, laid sod, picked weeds. FedEx overall isn't the toughest thing I've done, but I've had killer rts too. But it's never been a problem for me to complain because I told the truth and worked hard. Some people on this forum aren't truthful when they always support the company. Others aren't when they always rag on the company. All I know is the company didn't keep it's word on many things, and the quality of my life, and my retirement, suffered for it. I'm not going to let them off the hook if they never apologize, but then again I probably will only bring it up when I see ludicrous remarks from people like Oldfart's. Don't like my opinions? Don't get me started then.

Oldfart

Besides FedEx I've been in the Air Force, worked in a supermarket, thrown newspapers, worked overnight in a convenience store, laid sod, picked weeds. FedEx overall isn't the toughest thing I've done, but I've had killer rts too. But it's never been a problem for me to complain because I told the truth and worked hard. Some people on this forum aren't truthful when they always support the company. Others aren't when they always rag on the company. All I know is the company didn't keep it's word on many things, and the quality of my life, and my retirement, suffered for it. I'm not going to let them off the hook if they never apologize, but then again I probably will only bring it up when I see ludicrous remarks from people like Oldfart's. Don't like my opinions? Don't get me started then.
On behalf of EVERYONE at Fedex, I apologize to you for all of your misery.