Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

tieguy

Banned
Don't get so full of yourself that you believe this.

there is nothing to get full of. Until the man puts the tie on and is able to pass DTS the statement is 100 percent accurate.

What you folks like to keep ignoring is the man started by badmouthing the folks who did bust thier but and pass DTS.

I never said a word until he made those snide comments. For some reason re-raise I don't see you quoting and correcting him.
I worked hard to get that certifcate. Harder then I ever had to work at anything. This ain't no two week driving school. Its the real deal and those people who certify do prove they know and can handle the equipment.

some1else

Banned
What you folks like to keep ignoring is the man started by badmouthing the folks who did bust thier but and pass DTS.

1. dts cert guy letting his truck roll-away which for any off us would = termination

2. then he got special treatment and kept his job

3. THEN you told us how much better anyone that has been through the school is than any of us...

read through it once more...

do you see why people are angry?

tieguy

Banned
1. dts cert guy letting his truck roll-away which for any off us would = termination

At this point no one knows

2. then he got special treatment and kept his job

at this point no one knows.

3. THEN you told us how much better anyone that has been through the school is than any of us...

In response to races putting dts trained instructor down. I see you have your blinders on too.

read through it once more...

do you see why people are angry?

who is angry?

tieguy

Banned
OK, City, since you're from the freight side, you are not faced with this yet...YET! Here's the deal.

UPS Parcel has had this procedure in place for many years. They take a person that they like...um...kinda like your terminal clerk, and teach them to drive a truck, even if they don't want to. After forcing them to get a CDL and sending them to Top Gun school in South Holland, IL (or whereever else they hold em), where, it seems, everyone comes back in the top of their class, they are now qualified to teach YOU how to drive a truck, irregardless of your years of experience. They are now called your supervisor or manager.

If they REALLY like you, they make you what they call a feeder auditor. That is where you have done the same thing, except answered all the questions perfectly.

There really is no question and answer test with DTS. You have to be able to actually demonstrate that you can pretrip, drive , handle the equipment perfectly , fully explain defensive driving skills while driving, fully explain and understand all vehicle components and then fully explain and demonstrate all aspects of the pretrip and post trip without missing more then 12 items on the pretrip and 4 on the postrip.

That means you can now go out and test all the others around the country that passed this school once but are not now deemed satisfactory, usually once a year. That is, your supervisors and managers are tested by someone, like them, that has never driven a truck, except in Top Gun school.

The average student logs at least 200 hours of driving before they even leave for school.

QUOTE]

here guys that selectively missed this post the first time. this is what I responded to. My first post here was in response to this post putting down those who busted thier collective asses becoming DTS certified.

Look I don't care if you want to cry special treatment though at this point we have not had anyone from lenexa confirm the rumor.

But if you're going to take the time to jump in here and tell me how screwed up I am then at least be honest and admit that there was a post slamming my skills that I initially responded to.

Last edited:
P

pickup

Lets be honest here. At this point the thread started with a "did anyone here anything about question". So at this point I don't know the details and I don't know if they are true. I'll jump on a soap box and say the management guy should not have done it if you promise to jump on a soap box and do the same thing every time there is an unconfirmed rumor about a union employee. I've seen too many rumors that started out innocent and somehow twisted into something completely different. How bout you?

You made a very valid point and I salute you not only for making me see things a little differently but also for your three years of service. However, as for soapboxes, if I choose to get on one, I'll qualify my statements with "if this is indeed true, then...", because let's face it, most of the stories on here are second hand and when they are first hand, obviously, the storyteller might be tempted to embellish certain aspects and leave out other aspects entirely.

I guess I am judging you on a few threads where you really went after soberups over something that he really built a solid case on. Like I said, you were like a kid on a debate club being assigned a particular side of an argument and defending it to the death. That wasn't your finest moment but sometimes we let emotions get too involved in our postings. I have had similar postings where I wasn't at my finest.

As for the hostility you are receiving, you are unfortunately paying for the sins of other management people in addition for some that you commited when you really did a great job defending a crumby position. Keep posting away for when you do it the right way , I really get something from it. And even when you do it the wrong way, I still like your sentence structure.:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
no it was slamming your claim that dts equals more skill than a 31 year safe driving record. whether or not you are skilled is irrelevant.

comon guy don't start lusting after the thought of kicking the management guys but to the degree that you start recreating history. go back and read it.

Me no post on the thread.

He makes a post mocking those who have busted thier buts to earn the distinction of being DTS certified.

I then make my first post mocking him and his attitude.

At least try to pay attention and get the facts in the right order.

Re-Raise

comon guy don't start lusting after the thought of kicking the management guys but to the degree that you start recreating history. go back and read it.

Me no post on the thread.

He makes a post mocking those who have busted thier buts to earn the distinction of being DTS certified.

I then make my first post mocking him and his attitude.

At least try to pay attention and get the facts in the right order.

Tie , I am not trying to make this a personal attack. I just think you have to put yourself in the shoes of the man who does the job every day.

I am a package car driver, not a feeder driver. The origin of this post was the possible double standard for management and union with regard to a roll away. I feel for anyone who makes a mistake whether it be union or not. I hope the guy gets a break.

My problem is comparing training with on the job experience. I know UPS invests a lot of time and money in training. A lot of it is very useful information, but it doesn't replace experience.

For example, my oldest daughter just got her license last year. She went through driver's training, hours of instruction and classroom work. Her insurance is still 3 times as much as mine because she has no EXPERIENCE.

She doesn't know how to feel a slide on snow and turn into it. She doesn't know which intersections have blind spots or how to ease the car back onto the road after a careless driver comes into your lane.

You mentioned mutual respect in one of your posts, I think that would be a good goal. You also didn't have to call me "dude" when you negative repped me for disagreeing with you.

P

pickup

Anybody calls me Dude, I'm going to kick their ass!!!

That's not true, I once wrote to hoaxster via a pm asking "Dude, where's my post?". That was a few months ago and I am proud to report my ass has yet to taking a kicking from hoaxmeister. Right Dude?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's not true, I once wrote to hoaxster via a pm asking "Dude, where's my post?". That was a few months ago and I am proud to report my ass has yet to taking a kicking from hoaxmeister. Right Dude?
I was just talking trash.
I call everybody Dude ( or Bud).
Thought it was funny that someone took offense to being called Dude.

Re-Raise

I was just talking trash.
I call everybody Dude ( or Bud).
Thought it was funny that someone took offense to being called Dude.

I do too. It was more like listen here "dude" don't mess with me on my message board. I don't think he meant it as a term of endearment.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do too. It was more like listen here "dude" don't mess with me on my message board. I don't think he meant it as a term of endearment.
Gotcha.
It also comes in handy if you call everyone Bud (or Dude), it seems more natural and easy to call someone Bud when you can't remember their name. Senior moments!

Re-Raise

Gotcha.
It also comes in handy if you call everyone Bud (or Dude), it seems more natural and easy to call someone Bud when you can't remember their name. Senior moments!

Senior moments! Like my senior year in college when after a long night of drinking every girl's name turned into "Baby". The wrong name at the wrong time can have nasty results.

tieguy

Banned
Tie , I am not trying to make this a personal attack. I just think you have to put yourself in the shoes of the man who does the job every day.

thats actually very good advice. the problem here may be that there are two sets of shoes available for you to walk in. you chose to walk in his only.

He dished the dts trained supervisor.

I busted my rear to earn that DTS honor. I took offense.

I chose to then dish his driving skills in return.

You then chose to ignore his comments and chose to disagree with mine.

Pretty simple is it not?

Re-Raise

thats actually very good advice. the problem here may be that there are two sets of shoes available for you to walk in. you chose to walk in his only.

He dished the dts trained supervisor.

I busted my rear to earn that DTS honor. I took offense.

I chose to then dish his driving skills in return.

You then chose to ignore his comments and chose to disagree with mine.

Pretty simple is it not?

I'll concede that point.

Management and union should both be working for the same thing. My center manager and I are close friends. I don't disrespect management, they just chose a path that I decided not to follow.

I have 24 years at UPS, 1 week of driver training and 23 years 11 months of doing the job.