Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

From the first post, it was MHO that this thread was about the double standard that is applied at UPS, not about who is the better driver, trainer, employee, bottle washer, Indian Chief or who has the widest ass.
If an hourly has a roll away that does, they are terminated. They may, through the grievance process get the job back without back and "time served" so to speak, maybe not. We've all seen or heard of it happening either way.
Now, on the other hand if it is a management person, this isn't even called an accident but an incident, no apparent punishment. If this isn't a double standard, it don't rain in southern California. As we learned in another thread on here, there seems to be a rule of thumb that management is above the law.
Sorry Hoax, I don't buy your theory of union vs. non-union to alibi the double standard. Allow me to explain.
Yes you would per the contract. UPS would have to do that or lose the ability to do so in the future.
Based on your previous history you would be brought back with suspension time off without pay.
At least that is the way it usually goes in Georgia. Can't speak for other Locals.
Yes, this is in the contract, I suspect by the insistence of UPS, not the union. The company chooses which articles of the contract they want to pursue and which ones they want to ignore, just as some drivers do. If the goal was to merely punish a union employee with a suspension instead of a termination, that could be done on a case by case with suspension or termination as the case demands based on previous history. I would be willing to bet that any driver would readily accept a few days off without pay vs. having to fight to get their job back and call it a lesson well learned.

I'm not sure this thread would have come to a pissing match if the focus had stayed on the double standard issue instead of who's Dad can beat up who's Dad.
I can tell you two facts, one is that I would not want to try driving feeders through a blowing snow storm or on icy roads or even a good night for that matter. Second fact, I am positive I could not do the trainers job, I have trouble memorizing the 5 seeing habits. I tip my hat to both groups.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our building feeder manager just quit, I don't know all the details but apparently they were really pressuring him to discipline/discharge one of his drivers for something that he truly believed was not the driver's fault, to the point that they were swearing at him over the phone and threatening his job. He went home that night and typed up his resignation letter. 22 years, just shy of 55, and the worst job market in years. He must have really felt that he literally could not take one more day.

When he gave his boss the letter, she took his ID and had security walk him to the gate. What a company.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If so then a dumb move...Lose your Medicare bridge medical benefits and 60% of your retirement.
That's my same situation and there is absolutely nothing anyone could do to me to have me resign.
I agree, it sounds crazy doesn't it? Just be glad you're not in operations anymore :happy2:.
If they want to run me off all they have to do is put me back in a high step 800 with no power steering. I won't last a week :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Our building feeder manager just quit, I don't know all the details but apparently they were really pressuring him to discipline/discharge one of his drivers for something that he truly believed was not the driver's fault, to the point that they were swearing at him over the phone and threatening his job. He went home that night and typed up his resignation letter. 22 years, just shy of 55, and the worst job market in years. He must have really felt that he literally could not take one more day.

When he gave his boss the letter, she took his ID and had security walk him to the gate. What a company.

heard about that one. Not a discipline issue. They wanted the guy doing a three day ojs ride which he did not want to do. So he typed up a retirement letter and was walking around showing it to everyone. Unknown to him his boss had worked an all nighter and was still in the building. She walked him out not security.

i heard he has thirty years between union and management. 22 in the union. For some reason he felt he had enough to retire.

srudbyups

I had an accident and same feedder manager lied and croped pictures to make it look like it was my fault- this man has no intergity, he will say and do what ever he wants- Iost my job after 23 years with company,19 years safe driving, I had a wittness and did not recieve a ticket! This same man croped and zoomed in on pictures in order to make it look like it was my fault- sad but only a few were bold enough to look at everything to see the truth! Then ofcourse he wasn't alone Union president helped him out! Because of this accident and the injustice that slate no longer is in Union Hall! This manager is untouchable! That's why when he doesn't something wrong it swept under the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T rust me his rollaway realy happened people have pictures uncroped and truthful pictures!!!!!!!!!

raceanoncr

OK, am gonna try to just clarify MY view to finally put MY opinions to rest.

I started this thread to see if anybody heard this. I didn't start a rumor(I thot), I was asking for more info. I have since found out quite a bit more and found it's all true and more.

In my diatribe about DTS school and graduates(or non-grads, as the case may be), I was expressing MY view from MY home domicile. HERE, I think the condition is very bad. In my whole career here, either in PC or feeders, this is the first time that not a one in management or supe has ever been a driver. I don't mean feeder driver, I mean driver ANYTHING! HERE at least 4 maybe 5 supes have never been full time until they bumped here. A couple went kicking and screaming to DTS. A couple went thinking they were gonna knock the earth off its axis when they came back. A couple did not pass and had to have additional training and testing to pass. A few of the supes and mangers don't even have CDLs but yet they're "observing" us on our pre and post-trips with the clipboards. They and some p/t supes still there are giving US the Ketter test "urging" us to "know it soon" while they have the sheet in from of them not being able to recite themselves. The DTers we have now...I'm scared to death to let them drive(I know I don't have to but I'm thinking maybe they've improved) on my annual.

In my asking the original question about this manager, usually I could care less if this happened. But, from what I've heard about him, this guy is a real arse kicker. Instant termination for any supposed offense imaginable. So, IN MY OPINION, if this did happen(which now I know it did and much worse), he should be dealt with harshly. We are told constantly that, "We hold our management to higher standards". So letting him off with an "incident" report is a higher standard? Well, it's just confusing, at least to me.

I don't think it should be a union vs non-union comparison. It should be a what's right and what's wrong comparison. I, PERSONALLY, would have more respect for a department or company if some type of visible discipline would take place, as it is with all others.

So, that's essentially it. This is what I see, hear and think HERE. Other places or individuals may be more competent. Good! I applaud all who have made a success of their career and lives. I PERSONALLY am very worried about the course this company and, more precisely, the local UPS hub and various departments are taking. I am glad I'm about ready to retire and feel very sorry for the young ones that had hoped to make this a career. Again, THIS IS MY OPINION, not fact for everybody and everyplace!!

raceanoncr

I had an accident and same feedder manager lied and croped pictures to make it look like it was my fault- this man has no intergity, he will say and do what ever he wants- Iost my job after 23 years with company,19 years safe driving, I had a wittness and did not recieve a ticket! This same man croped and zoomed in on pictures in order to make it look like it was my fault- sad but only a few were bold enough to look at everything to see the truth! Then ofcourse he wasn't alone Union president helped him out! Because of this accident and the injustice that slate no longer is in Union Hall! This manager is untouchable! That's why when he doesn't something wrong it swept under the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T rust me his rollaway realy happened people have pictures uncroped and truthful pictures!!!!!!!!!

Srud, did you get your job back? I hope so. Is this past Pres the one that's "Slippery"? You know what I mean?

srudbyups

You know, you don't know this guy in his world people don't make mistakes, and he is the god of the fedder department- people are scared of this guy -he doesn't have respect he has fear among the drivers. He realy does believe he is some sort of god!!!!!!!!!

srudbyups

nope lost it- had wittness and didn't get ticket, the officer was a rookie took no statement from me- no measurments of accident no drug test, completly screwed up! what I don't get, this large corporation had eye wittness, the other driver told me and wittness it was his fault and a bad police report, and I still lost my job. I guess there is no place for women fedder drivers, the hearing was a joke the union gave false statements- pictures were zoomed in on and croped so they could make their case, they even called wittness a bleeding heart liberal ( I GUESS BECAUSE SHE WAS A SOCIAL WORKER) But why when all the imformation they had that was the truth they didn't go after other driver? The sad part, I always tried to play by THEIR RULE! IF i had did something bad I would have said so!

srudbyups

Did, they said union only has to take it from one level to next they don't even have to talk as far as company they are not under oath they just have say they believe this what happened then it goes back on union so you can't win. I believe I was traded for a 30 year guy who had ahd several accidents at same time. why else would MO-KAN JUST LAY DOWN, Iknew I had already lost before I got there, asked Union 4 times for a continue but the ba I was with said I didn't need one. They also told me not to bring up imformation , it was a joke! and told me to make sure I said yes to the last 2 questions at end or teamster panel would turn against me. When I lost my job the Union scatter like cock roaches when light goes on , 3 hours away from home, lost job of 23 years and left to sit by myself afterwards. I had already been traded before I even got down there-other driver got 2 week suspension, but personal friend of slippery the president. I couldn't live with myself!

Braveheart

You guys voted the slate out?