Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

Braveheart

To Hoaxster,

I want you to say that to GOD when he asks you if you think you are above his law smarty pants.

Bring a parachute dude so you can at least enjoy the view on the way down.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart

Should he be fired, just like us??? NO

Or are you guys above the law? Law NO Contract terms - YEP
To Hoaxster,

I want you to say that to GOD when he asks you if you think you are above his law smarty pants.

I guess when someone gets frustrated because they don't understand what someone is saying and they can't formulate a rational response, they then post some childish gibberish like this. It's been almost 20 years since I had a teenager in the house but let me try this again. :childish: (PS: This is the Tit for Tat part of my reply).:childish:

I never question anything God tells me to do nor do I think my self above the laws of my country in any way.
My point is that a rule or guideline stipulated in the contract between UPS and the Union is not a Law.
Sorry, I thought that was obvious but for you, I'll draw you a picture and send it to you via PM. I don't think anyone else on the site needs it, so no reason to post it. :wink2:
Your post was childish so here is is my childish, moronic reply. "I'll try not to hit you on your head when I land." :devil3:

Which brings me to one of my favorite retorts, "Better to be a smartass than a :censored2:." :funny:

Last edited:

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Just one question? Do you get out of your own personal vehicle and forget to put it into park, or leave it in gear and pull the park brake up if it's standard? How does a driver trainer of safety guy or any frigging manager something fohget to pull the pahk brake in tha tractah? how? why? and why not charge with an accident?" Do on to others as you would do onto yourself " Apparently they don't do unto themselves what they do to other drivers! Thats my $0.02:happy2:

broncobros1

I went through DTS in 07 and will agree that it was one of the most difficult and rewarding experiences of my life. Of my class of 12 only 6 of us qualified. The arguement that DTS makes us better or more experienced than drivers than 30yr drivers is foolish. How do we establish credilbilty with 30yr drivers? By knowing the fundementals and using them when driving. Obviously we don't have thirty years of snow and ice under my belt but I know when you are taking shortcuts that could lead to accidents.
I agree...I believe that it is all in the approach. Nobody is a perfect driver. Before I went to South Holland I had heard about sups coming back thinking they were super truckers...nobody is perfect. I passed and came back with an attitude to learn from the senior drivers and teach the new. Some of the methods have changed in the past 30 years, and I convey that to the senior guys. Most of the guys I've been with have shown appreciation for a new set of eyes...being on the road 60 hours a week can form some bad habits that the driver wouldn't notice. Everyone can always be a better driver...including myself.

P

pickup

Just one question? Do you get out of your own personal vehicle and forget to put it into park, or leave it in gear and pull the park brake up if it's standard? How does a driver trainer of safety guy or any frigging manager something fohget to pull the pahk brake in tha tractah? how? why? and why not charge with an accident?" Do on to others as you would do onto yourself " Apparently they don't do unto themselves what they do to other drivers! Thats my $0.02:happy2:

The only way that seems reasonable(as in explainable) in my head as how any one can do that in a truck is that he goes weeks on end without driving a truck and is acting like it is his car. Pulls up, foot on clutch, foot on break , puts the truck out of gear via the stick shift(similar motion to putting a automatic tranny car in park). Foot still on break , truck seems parked. Pulling that Yellow button on the dashboard is a habit that hasn't been nursed in awhile. Plus he feels under pressure to do things in a timely fashion and maybe there is a nagging doubt in his mind but ignores that doubt to move through the procedures. Speculation , nothing more.

tieguy

Banned
I had an accident and same feedder manager lied and croped pictures to make it look like it was my fault- this man has no intergity, he will say and do what ever he wants- Iost my job after 23 years with company,19 years safe driving, I had a wittness and did not recieve a ticket! This same man croped and zoomed in on pictures in order to make it look like it was my fault- sad but only a few were bold enough to look at everything to see the truth! Then ofcourse he wasn't alone Union president helped him out! Because of this accident and the injustice that slate no longer is in Union Hall! This manager is untouchable! That's why when he doesn't something wrong it swept under the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T rust me his rollaway realy happened people have pictures uncroped and truthful pictures!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand your point that croping or zooming the pictures made you look bad. Was he somehow creating something that was not there?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The only way that seems reasonable(as in explainable) in my head as how any one can do that in a truck is that he goes weeks on end without driving a truck and is acting like it is his car. Pulls up, foot on clutch, foot on break , puts the truck out of gear via the stick shift(similar motion to putting a automatic tranny car in park). Foot still on break , truck seems parked. Pulling that Yellow button on the dashboard is a habit that hasn't been nursed in awhile. Plus he feels under pressure to do things in a timely fashion and maybe there is a nagging doubt in his mind but ignores that doubt to move through the procedures. Speculation , nothing more.

Pickup, I would guess that is a pretty accurate speculation. Driving tractor/trailers is whole different world. I know, BTDT. If you are not in tune with that world it is easy to have a simple mistake turn into a major fiasco.

wannabeups

I agree...I believe that it is all in the approach. Nobody is a perfect driver. Before I went to South Holland I had heard about sups coming back thinking they were super truckers...nobody is perfect. I passed and came back with an attitude to learn from the senior drivers and teach the new. Some of the methods have changed in the past 30 years, and I convey that to the senior guys. Most of the guys I've been with have shown appreciation for a new set of eyes...being on the road 60 hours a week can form some bad habits that the driver wouldn't notice. Everyone can always be a better driver...including myself.

AMEN +1

Re-Raise

Absolutely. Sounds like mutual respect, which is how it should be.

srudbyups

recieved text message today that Lenexa drivers plan to boycotts safety cook-out because of center manager!!!!!! His has fired several drivers for same thing!

bluehdmc

honestly i still dont see how you forget to set your tractor brake

I've done it myself, hooked up to a trailer, got out, hooked up air lines, got in charged trailer before I did my "walk around" and realized I hadn't set brake.I saw another driver crank up his landing gear and the rig started rolling. I guess he hadn't set his either, or applied the trolley valve.
I know you work for UPS freight City Driver, all most all UPS feeder tractor trolley valves will stay applied. This way when you inspect the trailer you can listen for air leaks and check the brake lights. UPS tractors are the only ones I've seen that don't release when you take your hand off them. I still wouldn't trust them when parking though.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
In some of the old Fords we have the hand brake will not stay engaged if you take your hand off of it.

When I first went in to feeder I was shifting and forgot to set the parking brake in the shifter. I went out to open up the swing doors and when I got to the back of the trailer it starts to roll. Well, I can tell you, I have never ran faster in my life to get into the cab of that shifter. Luckily, it only rolled a few feet, no one got hurt, and no one even saw what happened.

I now check, re-check, than check again that I have set the parking brake.

City Driver

not to sound cocky, nobodys perfect and i definitely have my faults but forgetting to set your tractor brake is just unacceptable

what if you were backed to a dock and a forklift was going over or parked on the dock plate? i guarantee you would get fired for trashing a forklift that way

rushfan

When I started, I was on a night run (as most are). I forgot to set the brake. Thank goodness I was on a flat surface. I realized I forgot to set it when I had to climb back up to get my coat. Now, with every stop, I double-sometimes triple check to see if I've pulled the yellow.

broncobros1

When I started, I was on a night run (as most are). I forgot to set the brake. Thank goodness I was on a flat surface. I realized I forgot to set it when I had to climb back up to get my coat. Now, with every stop, I double-sometimes triple check to see if I've pulled the yellow.

I do the same thing...even try to teach that way. Another item that I try to get guys to do is double check the landing gear. I've seen a WW that the bolt to the transfer bar fell out. The leg on the drivers side came down, but the curb side stayed up. Driver pulled out and the trailer almost went on it's side. 100% with tires off the ground isn't much fun. I"m sure that one of you guys have seen this too. Anyways, I keep that stuff in the back of my head...imagine how much ridicule a sup would get for having an accident....