Lets All Be Honest

The Real Jack RyanMI6

UPS purposely stalled the contract talks on the master and supplements so they had time to install turn by turn maps on all our diads thus sending the message, if you strike we can replace you with anyone. BTW. This should be a wakeup call for part timers if they vote yes 22.4 is the best youll ever get face it they want nothing but 22.4s

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
giphy.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
UPS purposely stalled the contract talks on the master and supplements so they had time to install turn by turn maps on all our diads thus sending the message, if you strike we can replace you with anyone. BTW. This should be a wakeup call for part timers if they vote yes 22.4 is the best youll ever get face it they want nothing but 22.4s
We just got these turn by turn maps. Waste of money. It shuts off while your driving, so you have to memorize the directions if you need them anyway. Not very user friendly either.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I agree . feeders will slowly be phased out. heck i saw a gypo pulling our trailers ( not UPS Freight trailers ) the other day. I thought they could only do that during peak.
They do it year round. They are severely under staffing the operation.

But replacing all feeders is impossible. We got 3 seasonal drivers this year at 30$ an hour. They can't find anyone qualified to work. They couldn't broker out live load pickups. They have no shifters to set up the building or build sets. Impossible to replace before we lose 99% of our customers

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Map/Nav will backfire on the Co. It'll make drivers dependent on it. Constantly looking at the screen and force additional screw ups. With this generations dependency on mobile phones... I can only imagine how this goes. Oh well.

davidix

I can honestly say I've never used that function.

Would be nice to see someone use it all day to deliver Orion while it changes throughout the day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They do it year round. They are severely under staffing the operation.

But replacing all feeders is impossible. We got 3 seasonal drivers this year at 30$ an hour. They can't find anyone qualified to work. They couldn't broker out live load pickups. They have no shifters to set up the building or build sets. Impossible to replace before we lose 99% of our customers
did not know they could do that year round. very dangerous. look how they are slowly phasing out the wal-mart drivers. rarely see the real walmart drivers anymore.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They pay a contractor 150$ an hour when our building maintenance guy is on vacation.
There is no way ups can replace us.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
did not know they could do that year round. very dangerous. look how they are slowly phasing out the wal-mart drivers. rarely see the real walmart drivers anymore.

I made two, 400 mile runs last week for the auto group I work for, and over half the Walmart trailers I saw on the road were being pulled by Walmart tractors.

How long will it take them to hire 60k drivers, train them and get them DOT physicals?

Plus the vehicles had to be loaded, fueled and maintained